KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

I dumped the offal from our last kill after we butched the boar out and hung out late last night with the NV & Thermal waiting for some coyotes to come in. Saw plenty of deer and coons but no hogs or coyotes showed up.

Woke up before dawn this morning and there were two coyotes on the treeline munching some of the hog carcass they had dragged over there, tried to get them with the NV but it was too distant to take a shot. After the sun came up I walked the woods and the hogs had come back again last night after I retired and rooted up all over the place.

Good chance the coyotes will show today or again tonight and same for the hogs. Will be waiting for them again.

Good luck ImpactZone, I never take a shot unless I have a lethal shot to take, but when I do make my shot they are going nowhere....

Was on my stand @ 9:30PM tonight with my SIG 556 with the ITT PVS-14 mounted on the rail and the DBAL-I2 IR Laser. The magazine was filled with handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX bullets.

I was using a FLIR PS-32 to scan for any heat signatures and a couple of does, rabbits and coons had been milling around when I noticed a large hot object coming out of the tree canopy into the opening near my game feeder.

Turned on the PVS-14 for ID and it was a nice big boar about 375 pounds, slipped a hot round into his lungs right behind his shoulder right at 185 yards using the DBAL-I2 IR laser and he ran about 50 feet and spun in a circle and died.

Lots of fine BBQ from this one, he will feed quite a few!
thumbup1.gif

NV%20Hog2.jpg

NV%20Hog%20Grapple.jpg

Last edited:
Vic, this setup of the ITT PVS-14 and IR Laser is downright wicked out to 225 yards, even on the darkest rainy overcast nights with an IR Illuminator.

I have to have total confidence in my weapon to be able to take a lethal shot at that range in the dark, and I do.

The FLIR TA-50 Thermal is going to be icing on the cake!
grin.gif

I have a special picitanny rail on my Ruger #1 in 7mm Rem Mag to hold the TA-50. It shoots handloaded 165 grain Sierra GameKings like nobodys business. It is going to be one [beeep] of a midnight sniper rifle!
drool.gif

WHOA
scared.gif

The tenderloins on this beast were three feet long!
w00t.gif

I even recovered the Barnes 70 grain TSX under the shoulder on the far side, pics to come...

Here is the 70 grain Barnes TSX bullet recovered from the 375 pound boar shot @ 185 yards after it toasted both lungs and embedded in the shield on the other side:

Barnes%2070gr%20TSX.jpg

Barnes%2070%20gr%20TSX.jpg

Dude I got scratch this weekend, I owe the shcolarship $10, hunted my [beeep] off salted the road between millo fields on 6000k with hog wild and sat at intersections for 4 hours skeeters where eating me alive. congrates on your hog thats a biggen.

Next time I'll get a skunk.....
grin.gif

That is the way it goes and that is why it is called hunting.

You'll beat me next time around I'm sure!
wink.gif

The front shoulders of this hog are now 50 pounds of sausage.

Half is sweet Italian the other half is bratwurst.

Some of the Italian was kept out of the case for meatballs and pasta sauces.

The tenderloins were three feet long and three inches in diameter.

Hams are ready for the oven....
drool.gif

Another Major KUDOS to TNVC and Company, the brown truck delivered this nice thermal instrument today, a FLIR T-50.
tt1.gif

So far I am running it on one rifle behind an Eotech 552NV and 3X Eotech Magnifier, but will be using it on a variety of rifle combinations.

Surprised at how light weight it is and how nice it functions. It was a cinch to co-witness the Eotech with the internal reticules inside the FLIR.

Will be out looking for song dogs tonight after dark!

T50%20Front.jpg

T50%20SIG%20Left.jpg

T50%20SIG%20Right.jpg

Backyard Game Cam tree @ 175 yards looking directly into the setting sun:

175%20Yard%20Tree.jpg

Here is the 175 yard game cam tree at night:

175%20Yard%20Tree%20Night%20White.jpg

Here is the inverse:

175%20Yard%20Tree%20Night%20Inverse.jpg

This thing is so freakin' kewl it even picked up Dr. Who landing in the Tardis!
ohmy.gif

Here is a day pic for reference:

Decoy%20Long%20Range.jpg

Last edited:
SkyPup....

You have come a long way since you started by posting about the Olight M20 Crimson light.

I think you just about have the night vision equipment covered now.....

WAIT !!!!

Pup.....is that you ????
scared.gif

Humvee.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: the impactzoneyour going to love that thermal sight, fast shot to shot recovery.

Impact -> you are right on with that, I learned that FAST last night when I shot another coyote with it at about 180 yards, could not believe how easy it is to stay on top of the action.

I got a nice little portable digital video recorder to velcro on top of the unit to record the video output, should be able to capture some great hunts.

My backyard is turning into a coyote graveyard....
w00t.gif

Last edited:
did you get the lawmate? the screen on mine is so bright I have to keep it in a pocket while on stand, now if I could only figure a way to hook up a mic i'd be set for prime time

Impact and Skypup....

Go to Best Buy, take your recorder with you and pick out a camera case that the screen fits into. Take a cheap weaver scope ring and cut the ring off, drill a hole thru it and bolt it to the camera case. (Take the bolt you use and grind the head down to flat on a bench grinder and it won't rub on the camera. You may also have to grind the nut down to make it fit into the slot off whatever ring height you use).

You can mount the case to any weaver rails on your rig and zip it shut to take care of the light issue.

Cam1.jpg
DVR4-2.jpg

Last edited:
My micro DVR is supposed to be delivered today so hope to try it out this weekend, I already have a hardback camera case like that I am going to try out. Thanks Gman757!

Back