KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Vic, I am scheming and plotting to have that beautiful T-50 on my rifle before next fall or sooner!
tt1.gif

556%20&%20FLIR.jpg

Dom%20&%20Nick.jpg

Hog%20NV.jpg

Nick%20Hog.jpg

Dom%20Dragging%20Hog.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupVic, I am scheming and plotting to have that beautiful T-50 on my rifle before next fall or sooner!
tt1.gif

556%20&%20FLIR.jpg

Dom%20&%20Nick.jpg

Hog%20NV.jpg

Nick%20Hog.jpg

Dom%20Dragging%20Hog.jpg

Thanks Brother.

Btw, the last pic is awesome and hilarious! I was thinking Will Smith in Independence Day dragging that alien across the desert!
thumbup.gif

That was in the middle of a rain band from Tropical Storm Beryl, winds were gusting to 50 mph and we were totally soaked, it is a good thing the PVS-14s are waterproof.....

Right after sundown tonight I had the FoxPro Prairie Blaster on Bay Bee Cottontail for about 5 minutes when I picked up a heat signature on the FLIR PS 32 at about 300 yards out. Switched over to the ITT Pinnacle PVS-14 with LDI DBAL-I2 IR 0.7mW laser and shot him in the shoulder with a handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX @ 175 yards, he spun and died right there.
laugh.gif

NV%20Coyote%202.jpg

Vic, please tell Chip thanks so much for the FLIR T-50 info!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I had the rifle laying on a log and put the IR laser beam on his shoulder, worked like a charm through the helmet mounted PVS, he spun and died immediately, I was waiting for him to move and hit him again but no need, the Barnes TSX put a pencil hole in his shoulder and came out the other side behind his diaphragm leaving about a half inch hole on exit....super nice kill, I was very happy with the shot!

Think I nailed a nice cheap Telephoto lens that so far works great in the backyard, but going to take it out to my coyote stand tonight and see how well it works in the real world.

It is a Polaroid Super HD 4.5X Telephoto with a huge 70mm Objective Lens and a HUGE 58mm Ocular Lens that is IR compatible, light weight and only cost $70:

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Telephoto-Includes-Digital-55-210mm/dp/B004N6UM8W

You will need a $4 30mm to 58mm step up ring to attach it to the 30mm objective lens of the PVS-14, I have mine screwed into the 760nm IR filter:

http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Metal-Ano...242&sr=1-15

So far I think it is the best lens I have used on the PVS-14.

Front2.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Sig%20Polaroid%204,5X.jpg

Last edited:

Here is a day shot of the backyard, it is 175 yards to the little Live Oak tree and 225 yards to the canopy of Slash Pines:

Day%20Shot.jpg

Here is the same shot through the PVS-14 with the 760nm IR Filter on the Objective Lens (the IR filter was on every NV shot throughout here) with no IR, no moon, about 10PM, very dark out.

PVS14%20IR%20Filter.jpg

Here is the same shot through the Eotech with the PVS-14 behind it:

PVS14%20Thru%20Eotech.jpg

Here is looking through the PVS-14 with IR Fitler with the Polaroid 4.5X HD Telephoto lens through the Eotech:

Polaroid%20with%20Eotech.jpg

Here is looking through the PVS-14 with IR Filter with the Polaroid 4.5X HD Telephoto through the Eotech with the Eotech Reticule turned off using the DBAL-I2 IR 0.7mW laser:

Polaroid%20with%20IR%20Laser.jpg

Vic wanted pics through these lenses so here they are....

Here is the Sony 2X HD Telephoto through the Eotech @ 175 yards:

Sony%202X%20and%20Eotech.jpg

Here is the Sony 2X HD Telephoto with the Eotech off using the LDI DBAL-I2 IR 0.7mW laser with 500 mW IR Iluminator:

Sony%202X%20and%20DBAL%20IR.jpg

Here is the Sony 2X HD Telephoto with the Eotech on using the 500mW IR Illuminator to view a Cottontail Rabbit @ 75 yards:

Cottontail%20Eotech%20IR.jpg

His eye is reflecting back the IR right above the center dot inside the Eotech reticule.

The wife just called me from home to let me know that there are 30-40 hogs rooting up my driveway this morning and that I might need 4WD to make it into the carport..... she is scared to come out of the house.
scared.gif

Hogs will die to NV tonight after I get home from work...
smile.gif

just had a rain last night so the hogs will be out in the fields tonight, got a report from one farmer that the choppers saw a large herd of hogs this morning. going to put the NV to work tonight

Good luck Impactzone, it is finally raining here now too (thank God for the rain as this drought has been terrible) and I LOVE hunting in the rain!!
thumbup.gif

skypup how about a friendly wager of $10 to the scholarship on who does better? open to all others largets & most hogs/coyotes this weekend ending dawn on monday morning lagest hog to be mesured nose to tail & girth. and if not these weekend let do this some time for fun? an just say it's a $10 entry to the scholarship winner gets bragging rights

on your game camera aint on the hook lOL, he11 I can go to the zoo and get pictures, LOL, but to be honest I'm glad you in FL and not in Texas there would not be room for the both of us, my friend

tt2.gif
Well, my friend, I believe that we sort of "jumped the gun" on ya so to speak already...here is my buddie's tale from last night!

After a light rain stopped last night, I went down the hill to see if anything was stirring. Plenty of hog tracks were around , but I did not see any at first. As I turned to go back to the house, I spotted a black patch through the underbrush. I waited and a browsing boar walked past a small bush hiding itself behind the next larger bush. I did not think he had seen me, so I readied my Marlin 1894C chambered in a 357 magnum hand gun round. Cocking the trigger, my hand loaded 158 grain Sierra copper jacket soft point round with Herc 2400 powder was at the ready. Patience paid off as he slowly walked out from behind the larger stand of brush, giving me an instant to place the sights on the front chest of the boar. Sending the shot downrange, it was all over in an instant.

Jason is 6’2” and in the mid 200’s posing with the boar before he became select cuts … that is a big pig (the one with the long black hair).
ohmy.gif

Dom%20Hog%206%207%202012.JPG

Dom%20357%20158gr%20soft%20point.JPG

Last edited:
he should have held off, he could have crowned himsslef the champion in another day, LOL rain is letting up loading the truck hope to have a good report in the morning

Another friend stalked this one to 30 yards at dawn and in the light rain (today 6:30 a.m.).

At the shot the sow jumped and trotted 8 yards, then started walking sideways, turned in a circle and dropped. All within sight.

The 125 grain SpitFire broadhead was devastating on this 120 lb sow.

These 180 pound crossbows are phenomenal weapons!
thumbup1.gif

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=389

Crossbow is a TenPoint Turbo XLT II.

Crossbow.jpg

Last edited:
I got skunked tried to get in on a 300+ sow for close to an hour, but horses spooked her on our final approuch. had a shot but she was using a small 100+ as cover and all I had was a head shot on the move, passed it up thinking we would get another chance at her ,, it never came, maybe be tonight.

Last edited:
Back