President signs bill suppressing free speech

And, that means one cannot march on the Capital period. Pretty much the entire city of Washington DC is crawling with Secret Service. Fact is, there are Secret Service agents in every state in the nation, I guess if they really want to enforce it, you aren't allowed to talk bad about the president anywhere...

According to the link, the bill was suppoorted by both parties in congress. I guess your party thought it was a good idea as well. The video certainly makes it seem an unreasonable suppression of free speech.

Then we need to take names and remember them (conservatives AND liberals) on voting day and take out the trash.

Keep this crap up and we will be suppressed to the point of no rights, no life, no future, unless your part of the elected/appointed few.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71According to the link, the bill was suppoorted by both parties in congress. I guess your party thought it was a good idea as well. The video certainly makes it seem an unreasonable suppression of free speech.

You are absolutely right on that, HB, as it was obviously a bill initiated in the Republican controlled house.

As for the second part of your statement, the video didn't make it seem "an unreasonable suppression of free speech", it is an unreasonable suppression of free speech!

Regards,
hm

There is never a time where suppression of free speech should be allowed, except where lives could be endangered. (I.E. yelling fire in a crowed theater.) It is almost more than most of us can do to subdue our desire to cause extreme bodily harm to the jerks of Westboro Baptist Church when they cheer the death of our heros at the funerals. We also contain similar feelings when Pelosi, Reid and zero spew their filth. But we deal with it because deep down, although we may hate the messenger, we value our Constitutional rights.

If we restrain ourselves the dam gubmint needs to do the same. Yes protesters are a pain in the a, and they are an inconvenient problem, as in the occupy idiots, but there is that pesky document, the Constitution that supersedes all.

AZ,I agree with you very much on this one. This is a scary development if I understand what has happened correctly.Just to many things happening to believe their not connected I am afraid.I have heard a lot of people who I thought should shut up but I have never thought their right to speak should be taken away because of what that would lead to.The first thing a hitler type needs to do is shut up opposition.Some say we have the Internet to maintain free speech,but somewhere there is one 110 volt plug in the wall that would turn it off.Shutting down communication would be very easy.The only communication that would be a problem to shut down would be ham operators.It would take a few days to get them if they broadcast in short bursts.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71According to the link, the bill was suppoorted by both parties in congress. I guess your party thought it was a good idea as well. The video certainly makes it seem an unreasonable suppression of free speech.

I just couldn't resist HB! Yes you are absolutely correct, both parties were a part of it in Congress. And, as pointed out above, we need to take down names and start weeding them out.

Back