KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Sky Pup.....

Sounds like you might as well go for the FLIR PS32 and move that scope over to a 7.62. The FLIR would have been perfect for locating the hog.

Hey....while you are at it you might as well pick up one of these....I drove the 72 volt unit a few weeks ago and it is a bad machine. You could cover a lot of ground very quietly.

I have a lifted street legal 48 volt cart that I use in the woods sometimes and I run up on critters all the time. I can drop a torque motor in it and reprogram the field map in my 500 amp Alltrax and it will climb a tree.

http://www.stealth4x4.com/stealthProduct.php

Last edited:
i agree with Gman757...go with a ps32 before another nv scope. you can see them in the flir and just sit back and take your time and then go to the pvs 14 and eotech you have. Or have the spotter on the flir and you on the nightvison.

Being in the swamp and wet area of florida, plus in your line of work I would stick with the gas version atv/utv. I've seen reviews where those electric model gas pedals get submerged in water and they fail and need replacement.

but the electric models are stealthy.

Too many man toys.....
tt1.gif

Too little time......
cry.gif

I mounted my ITT PVS-14 onto my Thompson Center Carbine's Redfield 3-9X-50mm scope and it actually works out much better than I had expected it would.

Field of view and brightness is very very good.

I use this rifle as a hog sniper rifle and it has nailed many a hog with Barnes 70 grain TSX hand loads with obviously one shot!
icon_smile_big.gif

I actually get a decent check weld on it and it is super light weight, even with the IR I850nm Illuminator and a Klarus 1,200 lumen dual Cree XML torch on top, it weighs less than 9 pounds.

Makes for a great stand sniper rifle as it shoots less than 1/2 MOA day in and now day out!
icon_smile_big.gif

TC%20PVS%2014.jpg

TC%20PVS%2014%20View.jpg

The NV view through the scope is actually much much better than my crummy photos show.

Here is a little bit better representation of the view @ 225 yards to that oak tree where my game cam is located:

PVS%2014%204X%20Mag.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using that 500mW low and 3.4 Watt high IR 850 flashlight with it and it works absolutely superb out to my max shooting range of 225 yards (I've got all my scopes, visible lasers, IR lasers, and scopes zeroed in @ 200 yards).

I have the LDI SPIR on order from TNVC and the ELR Torch-V IR too and will appreciate their ability to focus and constrict the IR beam for even better overall performance with scope NV applications. The 850nm IR flashlight works super great off the helmet when walking as it covers quite a large swath with its floody spill out over 200 yards on low, on high it covers triple that.

Even if you have a smaller diameter objective lens on your scope (my two Leopold VX-R 1-4X Pig Plexs have a 30mm objective as does my Burris XTR 1-4X), if you are using the IR it is not a problem getting positive ID and excellent signature long range even on moonless or starless nights with clouds.

Only problem is if there is mist or fog shroud later on in the night as the air cools down, the PVS-14 actually does quite a decent job in low level fog but turning on the IR Illumination totally obliterates the view with serious flashback even on low power.

I will have to say that the PVS-14 is absolutely the most versatile NV instrument that can be put to a multitude of different applications.

Vic got me set up with the Wilcox G24 mount and Wilcox J-Arm, massive improvement over my original setup.

Thanks again TNVC! [:)]

Wilcox%20G24%20&%20J%20Arm.jpg

Wilcox%20G24%20&%20J%20Arm%20Close.jpg

I mounted the USGI 3X magnifier onto the back of the helmet, makes a nice counterweight...

Mr. Benelli, this is the way you should roll.

Sky Pup.......You are out of control dude.

OK....put your helmet and all your stuff on and hold both your rifles up loaded up with all the gear.....one in each hand......maybe camo paint the face and have your wife take an action photo.

We gotta see it all in one photo.....locked and loaded man!!!

We are going out hog hunting again this weekend, I will be wearing the helmet with NV mounted on it and using the lasers and illuminators on the rifle, I will bring a camera....

If I remember correctly I saw a pic of that land you are hunting.....It looked fairly flat to me. If they don't wind you first I think those hogs are gonna hear you walking the roads and head for the thick stuff.

Will they let you put up 3 or 4 of these?.....you can keep moving them as needed wherever the herd is feeding. Go in real quiet just before dark and just wait for them to come to you.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ol-man-outdoors-13-ol-timer-deluxe-tripod-stand.aspx?a=911023

Just noticed something else .......You may not need any emitters this weekend with your Gen 3 gear .....Full moon Fri night.

Last edited:
With the full moon the NV gear is totally awesome, unfortunately there does not seem to be as much activity during the full moon, but we will be out there anyhow.

You are right, everything is totally flat, but finding a patch of sand dense enough to set up a stand is a problem, the basin of the prairie is about 4-5 feet or more thick of peat. The hogs root up the peat into tremendous mounds that are difficult to traverse on foot or even ATV.

Since we have a 5 year exclusive contract with the State, this will be a long term investment. My friends are getting ready to pull the trigger on some thermal imaging gear and I told them the FLIR PS32 is what to get to start off with, one of them is getting an ATN PS-22 scope clip on and the other a PVS-14....

Last edited:
Hunting with night vision for coyotes,I now hate the moon,because wind setup is the most important,seems the moon is always wrong,and causes scope glint.
I stay home untill no moon,that way I have all of the adavantage,but thats for yotes,hogs I have never hunted.

We are going out tonight after some hogs.

What is interesting with the NV gear on is that I can see the fresh hog rooting extremely well due to the dark constrast to the normal ground vegetation that has been untouched by them, also the hogs are extremely dark contrast too against the light ground background.

I agree, full moon is not the best time to go out, but if they are they we will certainly wack them!

Originally Posted By: SkyPupVic got me set up with the Wilcox G24 mount and Wilcox J-Arm, massive improvement over my original setup.

Thanks again TNVC! [:)]

Wilcox%20G24%20&%20J%20Arm.jpg

Wilcox%20G24%20&%20J%20Arm%20Close.jpg

I mounted the USGI 3X magnifier onto the back of the helmet, makes a nice counterweight...

Mr. Benelli, this is the way you should roll.

Nice set up, glad we could assist and thank you again for the order!

Vic

Here is a little 3 minute 25MB WMV video I made of the LDI DBAL-I2 Visible Green Laser performance during the day and the IR Laser at night with my ITT PVS-15 Night Enforcer.

As you can see, in broad daylight the green aiming laser is fine out past 30 yards to about 50 yards, in the woods it is even better with some shade. Towards dusk it is awesome out past the range of my rifle.

I have the Eotech 1MOA center dot and the Green Laser merged @ 225 yards where they are confluent on target, at 30 yards the laser is off about 1/2" but they are pretty much commingled from 100 yards on out.

The IR Laser is setup the same way, although the doughnut bloom less than 100 yards is pretty strong.

All my night kills are less than 225 yards, mostly around 100-125 yards so these nice NV instruments serve me well.

This is my first video using my Sony miniDV HandiCam through the NV gear, I have some digital video cameras too and will be working with them in the future, hopefully on some live night hunts.

Hope that everyone enjoys it, the DBAL-I2 works better than what the video shows and I have had zero problems with it and there is no battery drain when in OFF position.

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/DBAL%20I2/DBAL-I2.wmv

That is my stand in my backyard about 150 feet out the backdoor, those of you that know me know that hundreds of hogs and dozens of coyotes have been harvested around that little live oak tree!
icon_smile_big.gif

My Eotech 552NV is mounted right on the rail with no riser and the reticule sight picture is still visible over the top of the DBAL-I2, I have another identical rifle setup differently than this one that is waiting for Vic to ship me a DBAL-D2 and SPIR,

I also ordered the LDI .1mW Pistol IR Laser from TNVC to try out with less bloom for more precise

Back