KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Good Golly Miss Molly, I am ready to ROLL!

TNVC sent me a nice A-Alpha helmet to mount my PVS-14 on so I can use the IR lasers and IR Illuminators!

A%20Alpha%20Left.jpg

A%20Alpha%20Right%202.jpg

Here is the stock NV Eotech and PVS-14 view of my game cam tree @ 225 yards:

Eotech%20Sight.jpg

Here is the same view of my game cam tree from my stand @ 225 yards on a super dark night using the 3X USGI 3X Magnifier on the Objective lens of the PVS-14 Night Enforcer through the NV Eotech:

USGI%203X%20Mag.jpg

Here is the same view with my Olight M-20 Crimson on flooding the area with red light:

USGI%203X%20Mag%20Olight%20m20%20Crimson.jpg

Next up will be using an 850nm Infrared Illuminator when it arrives later this week....

Yah,I ordered one also,rats will not be able to spot that red spot anymore. I also ordered a Marauder Pistol, for my new walkin around rig,comes with a shorty stock.

The USGI 3X Magnifier has a huge 50mm objective lens that really gives a surprising FOV and clarity at night.

I would move the Eotech an inch or so back except for the Butler Creek lens flip up cover. Works really good as it is now though.

3X%20Mag%202.jpg

3X%20Mag.jpg

The Alpha-A is pretty nice for me! Just be sure to get some nice accouterments because the standard shroud, J-arm, and attachments are junk.

I went with the Wilcox G-24 mount and a Wilcox J-Arm in a Notoros shroud.

Thanks to Gman757, this nice EagleTac TC100C2 850nm IR Flashlight arrived today and will try it out tonight after it gets dark.

It is basically the same size as my Olight M-20X tactical lights are and of the same high quality construction.

Also has a completely silent switch with momentary Off-On as well as full On-Off, I use the momentary switch quite a bit on my Olights to scan with short periods of time.

The OSRAM IR LED Emitter is the absolute smallest LED I have ever seen, it is small as the head of a pin

It has two 850nm IR illumination settings, 500mw and 3.4W.

EagleTac%20850nm%20IR%20side.jpg

EagleTac%20850nm%20IR%20Warning.jpg

EagleTac%20850nm%20IR%20LED.jpg

Sky Pup....

Most of the pics in your posts seem to show that you have a long range setup. I use the Eagle Tac IR flashlight for the close range hunting that is more common for me. I hope you are not expecting it to perform like a long range ir laser type device.

I think it will be mint for rats,and mounted on my helmat for in close shotgunning with the PVS-14 on the rhino mount.
Just like Gman said,you can not see a light signature.
Thanks Gman!!

Thanks Gman757, I am ordering another one of these EagleTac 840nm flashlights, one for a handheld and one for a weapon mount, they work outstanding with a nice flood and spill! out past 300 yards and I never shoot over 225 yards.
thumbup1.gif

Game Cam tree @ 225 yards with the IR on:

Game%20cam%20Tree%20225%20yards%20IR.jpg

Horses @ 150 yards no IR

Horses%20150%20yards%20No%20IR.jpg

Horses @ 150 yards with IR

Horses%20150%20Yards%20IR.jpg

The polebarn in the background is 300 yards out...

Last edited:

Hey guys....

Glad you are getting good results from the Eagle Tac IR. I talked to the guy at the company and we discussed the IR lights and he told me about the "big daddy" designed for military applications. It is not weapon mountable or recoil rated but he said it really lights up the night. Over $200...ouch.

EagleTac M3C4 - TRIPLE IR 850nm 10.2w

http://illuminationgear.com/14322/27013.html

I saw that one, it must be a monster with NV gear!!! It kinda looks like my Fenix TK 35s, which is one of my favorite white LEDs.

It would be WAY overkill for my hunting purposes as the nice T100C2 840nm IR on mounted on my rifle goes out over 450 yards lighting up EVERYTHING! Absolutely amazing performance...

The high setting on the one I got is full out a good quarter of a mile plus, the low setting is good for almost half that or 200+ yards.

The IR should last about three hours on high beam and more than 12 hours on low.

Nice!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Hey guys, just remember that 3.4 Watts of 850nm IR is very dangerous to your vision and will destroy your retina in short order, so do NOT use this as a toy and shine it at human beings.

You absolutely cannot see any visible light to warn you that this dangerous IR flashlight is on, so be very careful with it and be forewarned....
scared.gif

Gman757 and BayState Yote, I totally messed up my evaluation of this IR Flashlight, last night I had it on LOW 500 milliwatts.

Took it out once I realized my mistake and turned it on HIGH 3.4 Watts and it blew me away, I am going to have to take it out to the 6 square mile cattle pasture to try it out on high as it is too much for my 300X300 yard horse pasture!

Here a couple of my horses in the pasture around 225 yards out with the PVS-14 with No Magnifier & NO IR:

Horses%20No%20IR.jpg

Here is the same shot with the LOW 500mW IR Flashlight:

Horses%20Low%20IR.jpg

As you can see it goes out to the far tree line over 1/4 mile away, the high 3.4Watt is too much for this area!

Freaking unreal, even the wife, who Vic so ceremoniously described as the "Minister of Fiance"
grin.gif
looked through the PVS-14 with the IR and said, "You are not supposed to be able to see those things" like I was breaking some kind of scared barrier.....
ohmy.gif

The EagleTac IR flashlights are all sold out!

Glad I picked up two of them when they were available, thanks a bunch Gman757, they are unreal awesome with my PVS-14...

BTW, tomorrow night is our first official hog eradication hunt out on the huge state wildlife preserve, I am bringing my NV gear with me and a GPS so I don't get lost.....

Pup
I am popping some popcorn in preperation for your post with pics of that hog shoot!! Have fun,I will be fielf testing my EagleTac IR flashlite tonite.
thumbup.gif

Yah,thanks again Gman for heads up on this product,it will be great on my helmet when using the PVS-14 mounted with the Rhino mount for hands free shotgun hunting of yotes,I will not have to worry about them picking up the red glow that I get from my other IR torchs.
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gman757
I am anxious to hear about your first night out with the EagleTac????

Me too! Let's hear about it!

I went out on the state wildlife management park last night with the NV gear hog hunting. Thought we'd get rained out as it rained 3" in the afternoon through 8PM.

Finally got out onto the preserve about 8:30PM and within 10 minutes I spied a large boar and shot him from about 125 yards using the PVS-14 mounted behind the Eotech NV with 3X magnifier. Aimed for the neck and hit him but he made it into the scrub and we could not recover him.

The NV gear worked absolutely superb, the only hassle was the fog and mist from the rain reduced my view somewhat but not too bad, although it did pretty much block the IR Illuminator pretty good. Also, there were some far off cell towers blinking that made it difficult to shoot the hog I did shoot as well as scanning over the swamp trails we hiked on.

We covered about 5 miles through the swamp on a jeep trail on foot and saw just unbelievable destruction and rootings from all the herds of hogs. This place has an extreme hog problem to say the least...

The swamp ground was almost solid peat a couple of feet thick and the hogs had turned it over better than a track bulldozer could, it really was remarkable to see the amount of devastation that these herds of hogs had done to the parks pristine land.

This was my first time there and it was at night so it was difficult to get bearings without the GPS. We stayed out until 12:30PM when the fog settled in too strong and came home.

There was PLENTY OF COYOTE SCAT all over the jeep trail we hiked out on, this is going to be an outstanding 'yote hunting area with my FoxPro gear day and night. I did see one coyote walking the trail but we were not able to get close enough to take him out.

All in all,the NV gear worked absolutely great and I was very impressed with it, it is so awesome to be 100% non-intrusive with no visible lights while hunting.

My friend is going back out this morning to try to find the hog I hit, it was big one for sure but 20 feet off the main trail is a massive jumbo mess of vines, briars, and impenetrable jungle.

Thanks to TNVC for all the NV gear, we are going to need an NV scope and I would like another PVS too....
scared.gif

Back