Mountain Lions in PA?

There have always been mountain lions in Vermont. I have seen one and other have seen them. There are mountain lions near Great Barrington, MA also.

I could not care less if someone believes this or not. They are around.

I am not in PA enough to say if they are there or not.

In any case have a nice day.

NWS Cougar

I have heard the same thing about lions in New York. What do you guy's think? I doubt it in the catskills, but the aderondaks (spelling!) could support them, although deer populations are low there.

savage 99,
i was just funin' ya. i know there's alot of thing out there i don't know. i hope i get suprised someday. i guess if i do i'll have to eat more than my own words. lol
but this was taken from the link at the bottom of your post.

Although many promising leads were pursued, no concrete evidence was ever obtained for the existence of eastern cougar populations.

just shoot it they are not protected at all in pa then send a picture, no lions in pa noway, insurence company put them here, are we still on earth , right after they shoot bigfoot and catch the lockness monster on a fly rod.Some people act like the game comm. is like the KGB, ALTHOUGH IT DOES SUCK WE LOST GARY ALT

Originally posted by foxking:
[qb]just shoot it they are not protected at all in pa then send a picture, no lions in pa noway, insurence company put them here, are we still on earth , right after they shoot bigfoot and catch the lockness monster on a fly rod.[/qb]
I cant figure out your insistance that there can be NO mountain lions in PA. Especially since they were living here in abundant numbers within the past 100 years, AND they have been released in the state. The lion is a secretive animal who is rarely rarely seen. But suit yourself, but within 10-20 years when they get better established, you will be eating your words, lol.

hey i hope i,m wrong but untill i see it either live or dead there is no proof in PA, its that simple. I would have saved 5k when i went to utah to get mine, if they were in pike co.

Lions may have been here a couple hundred years ago but so were elk and wolves and prolly some other critters.
I personally believe cougars were all killed here in the east, but do believe that some are released. Either pets that got too big, or if you look at a link on the cougar network site you'll find people who want cougars back so bad they prolly take upon themselves to release a few.

I've talked to many wildlife biologists and they all say that there are no original eastern cougars in this part of the country. Kinda wish there was though, would be fun watching Chopper try to eat one, lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Originally posted by Savage_99:
[qb]There have always been mountain lions in Vermont. I have seen one and other have seen them. There are mountain lions near Great Barrington, MA also.

I could not care less if someone believes this or not. They are around.

I am not in PA enough to say if they are there or not.

In any case have a nice day.

NWS Cougar [/qb]
I grew up in Vermont and have personally seen them just south of Rutland on 2 occasions, one in the summer and one while calling yotes in the winter. My father now lives in Bradford County, PA and he swears he has seen one down there as well.

Nitefrite,
If anyone brings one over i'll freeze it untill you get your butt down here from ny and then we will cook the whole thing on a spit. now me being a nice guy and all, i would offer some to all that was incline to partake in such a feast, but given proper time and my known eating habits i think i could acomplish it on my own.
though i have eaten some meat from one that came from out west and believe "eastern cougar" meat would be much less filling. it would probably taste alot like eating "figment of the imagination."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
chopper

i dont no why you are such a skeptic when there have been confirmed cats in delaware and new jersey. Do you think the big cats dont like the PA taxes or somethin?

Aint callin no one a liar, just dont think there are any "original eastern cougars" left in the east.
Once someone gets hold of a cougar here in the east and thru DNA tests it is proven to be a true eastern cougar... I'll... well...
...meet you at Choppers and gonna even bring the BBQ sauce (aint sure hot sauce and cat go good together, unless of course Fooge can vouch it tastes like chicken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ).
Hey Chopper dont worry I know you could do it pal! I'd cheer you on the whole way buddy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CoyoteUgly,
Do you have any proof that "breeding pairs" of mountain lions have been released? And you say there are "confirmed" cats in Deleware and New Jersey...Confirmed by who?...and again what evidence?
I would be willing to believe that someones pet may have escaped and/or been released, but to say they were stocked here or migrated here seems pretty foolish to me.

yes the confirmed sighting never appeared, it was someone high on crack the saw a great dane running. My best freind offered to track them with dogs in chester co one time and the county refused his offer so go figure. i agree about the pet loose could be a possibilty, but insurance conpanies releasing them to kill deer to cut down on accidents, that is some good old boys who are to lazy to hunt hard drinking in a bar that havnt seen a deer and blame gary alt big foot or mt lions, i hunt alot in pa in the snow i have never seen cat tracks ever. time will tell

YUP

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i obviously cannot reveal my source that lions have been released in PA. but they arent worried about releasing them, because the big cats are coming this way again anyway. They are migrating east and will cross the mississippi in a few years for sure, if they havent already. and the weather is fine for them (obviously since they flourished in pa years ago). And there is more than enough of their favorite food around ~ white-tailed deer.

So go ahead and mock my statements, but ill be the one laughing in 10-20 years when they are established again in PA. :eek:

hey i am not mocking you but there is no proof, i hope they come just one more animal to hunt. If the game comm. put them under protection, then they will be in the state. right now you can kill one , there is no law protecting them at all, so until that happens go west young man.

So go ahead and mock my statements, but ill be the one laughing in 10-20 years when they are established again in PA.
hope you don't mind if a giggle a little untill then. i hope your right. just means i need some bigger hounds!

go ahead and giggle like a school girl all you want. AND for all you lookin to find tracks, i highly doubt you hunt where the big cats roam, hence the term "mountain lion". AND, i dont think they will be allowed to be hunted for at least 15-35 years from now. go ahead and giggle, but watch your back in the woods, lol. ya dont wanna tempt fate do ya? :eek:

O.K everyone, mark your calanders, we all meet back here on 12-28-2024 and see if he is right!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
And by the way who are your sources, the C.I.A or the F.B.I? Or is it that secret branch of the Pa Game Commission that flies around in black helicopters that don't make any noise? LMFAO!!!

Next you are going to say how the Insurance Companies have been releasing coyotes in Pa without anybody knowing about it....please don't say that, I've dealt with that lunacy for long enough..

Oh and by the way Ugly, thanks for clearing up the proper place to look for "mountain" lion tracks, here I was looking for "Cow Pasture Lion" tracks.....Don't laugh, my sisters, husbands, cousins, mechanics, mom read all about it in the National Enquirer. Breeding pairs of them are being released into Pa. There main food source is gullible hunters who believe everything they hear.
So like you said earlier " watch your back in the woods" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back