Post Pics Of Your Hunting/Predator/Varmit AR Here !!

I just wanted to say Hi. to everyone. I'm brand new to the forums and dont have a clue what I'm doing hunting predators.

I will also preface this by saying, I passed typing class in High School by faking a broken finger from Football so I got a D, rather than taking the final and failing the class all together. This means I know I suck at it and spelling as well.(Insert Beer smiley faces i have seen, but also dont know how to do)

I just wanted to share what i thought was an interesting build with everyone.

I also have some pics but no Idea how to upload them. If anyone can drop that knowledge on me i would be much appreciated. I am not a photographer so it is not the best anyway, sorry.

For this build I used a DPMS Lr-308 A3 upper and Lower. I used a DPMS BCG. The Gas system is DPMS and is rifle length. The lower and Upper parts kits were also DPMS.

I put a Bill Springfield worked over DPMS trigger in. It is crisp and breaks at 3 lbs. This trigger is rediculous for the price and he was awesome to deal with I highly recomend him.

The pistol grip is a Magpul MIAD Modular grip, because i like the different core insert options.

The stock is a Magpul PRS.

The barrel is a 22" Stainless steel 1:8 RHT twist bull Barrel from Phil Harris at Harris Gunworks. Phil was absolutely fantastic. I say bull barrel because im not sure how else to describe it, it is 1.2" behind the gas block and Heavy. It also has a custom made muzzel break/compensator on it, again made by Phil.

I used a JP Enterprise Modular Handgurd Sysytem for the front end. I put a full length rail on the top and a 4" rail at 9.

The magazine is a 20 rd Magpul PMAG. I got this because its cheaper than a 10rd DPMS mag. I will pick up some smaller mags in the future.

I am using a Harris H series bipod 13"-23".

The scope in the Picture is a Pulsar Digisight N550. Im not sure if it will stay on the rifle as I am considering going 22-250 for a day rifle and 204 for my night hunting setup.

Thats pretty much my build if you have any questions feel free to ask

Chris
Yes my day job is Environmental, Safety, and Health

Colt Carbine 1/7, RRA upper, , Leupold 3x9x40 w RRA mount, Geissele SSA trigger. My paint is good old Rustoleum rattle can camo in 2 colors. Broom bristle stencils. Probably not that durable but I'm rough on guns and it will be easy to touch up.

ARfinished003.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadColt Carbine 1/7, RRA upper, , Leupold 3x9x40 w RRA mount, Geissele SSA trigger. My paint is good old Rustoleum rattle can camo in 2 colors. Broom bristle stencils. Probably not that durable but I'm rough on guns and it will be easy to touch up.

ARfinished003.jpg

Awesome! got a pic of the broom stencil u used?

Last edited:
Pretty high tech stencil. I painted it all over with the lighter color then sprayed the darker over the stencil. I actually bought a third darker color but after the first color was applied I thought it would be too much. No names on the cans of color.

stencil.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadPretty high tech stencil. I painted it all over with the lighter color then sprayed the darker over the stencil. I actually bought a third darker color but after the first color was applied I thought it would be too much. No names on the cans of color.

stencil.jpg

very nice thanks!

My new Daniel Defense DDM4V5 5.56 with a 1 in 7 twist barrel, Bill Springfield 3lb trigger & many other goodies added.

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 BDC scope sits on top of it with a Rock River Arms 1" High Rise mount.

IMG_0125.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadPretty high tech stencil. I painted it all over with the lighter color then sprayed the darker over the stencil. I actually bought a third darker color but after the first color was applied I thought it would be too much. No names on the cans of color.

stencil.jpg

Does anyone clear cote with anything for improved durability and feel?

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadColt Carbine 1/7, RRA upper, , Leupold 3x9x40 w RRA mount, Geissele SSA trigger. My paint is good old Rustoleum rattle can camo in 2 colors. Broom bristle stencils. Probably not that durable but I'm rough on guns and it will be easy to touch up.

ARfinished003.jpg

that is an awesome paint job! how about a seperate thread with a step by step tutorial on how you did that? i'm sure many of us would be interested. chris

Originally Posted By: bushy6mm DTI dtech upper, tac innovations lower. paint is called Carnimore Tiger Negative...quite a shooter
carnimore081.jpg

carnimore073.jpg

carnimore066.jpg

6.8 spc RRA coyote carbine upper, tac innovations lower in sand tiger colors
carnimore045.jpg

carnimore042.jpg

223 Rem. Busmaster predator in sand tiger colors
carnimore055.jpg

newfolder376-1.jpg

Bushy, Very nice paint job!

Started as a RRA ATH. I removed the half-quad forearm and replaced it with a Clark Custom carbon-fiber forearm. Removed the brake and had a thread protector made. What do you think?

56b97869.jpg

This is a stock DPMS Panther with a 16" bbl.
a20c717f.jpg

Last edited:
His and Her's AR-15's

duet.jpg

.223/556 18" SD (SS, SPR Lilja Barrel w/1:8 twist) upper w/ Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 with standard crosshair(green dot) which I use for low light and night hunting for predators.

6.8 16" S.T.A.T upper (SS, Wilson lightweight Hunter Barrel SPC II aka 1:11 ) W/ Nikon Monarch w/BDC 3-9x40 which I bought my wife for V-Day to use for hog and deer hunting.

Standard and youth model rifles don't fit my wife well so since she did well (fit/balance)with my 556,I had the 6.8 built for her. Once sighted in, she was able to take out clay pegions with every shot at 200 yards, freehanded.

Both shoot well under MOA (bench) using the following factory ammo:

6.8 Hornady SST 120's.
.223 Hornady V-Max 55gr, Black Hill 60 gr V-Max, and .556 62 gr SP (Any).

Back