My First Turkey

d2admin

Administrator
Well boys I got my first turkey on Tuesday. I'd have a pic but the guys at Wal-Mart kinda let me down on that one. But thats ok another guy down there took a pic so maybe I'll have yall one sooner or later.

But anyways....This was my first real turkey hunt we usually used spring turkey season for a excuse to go down to the lease and shoot hogs and Axis deer.But this year I had decided to call in a turkey.I've been watching it alot on T.V.
We had hunted all day Monday and all Day Tuesday till about 7:00 Tuesday night.I had heard them all over the place but couldn't get one to come into view.Wasen't woking at all like on T.V.Well I was getting about tired of the darn things when I had 3 of the answer me pretty close behind me.I was useing an old Lynch's World Champion box call,thats been arount the deer camp longer than I have.Well those turkeys and I talked back and forth for about 15 minutes.I finally figured I ought to try and get closer them before it go dark so I got up creeped around the edge of the little cedar I had been squatted by.And there about 15-20 yds. from me was a big old nice gobbler.So I raised my gun and BANG early Thanksgiving.So as far as a first impression goes I think Turkey hunting is great and plan to make it a yearly deal.So I'll be pickin ya'lls Brain on how to make it a little easier.

Later,
Justin

[This message has been edited by Jbrad (edited 04-13-2001).]

Interesting story and a big thumbs up on getting your turkey.

Sounds like to me that in this case, the turkey actually called you into them.

Interesting concept...
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Congrats to you....you've gone and done it now, t-hunting is very addicting! Tommorrow is the start of our Spring shotgun season out here in Nebraska.....oh yeah...I can taste it now.

AZ?...Do we have a Nebraska Gif Flag on this thing? I cant tell. There are a couple of us on here.....I'll use a Texas flag for now...I'm from San Antonio..the wife is from El Paso..and the kid goes to UT Austin.

Jbrad:Congrats on that "FIRST",Spring Tom.It doesn't get any better.Can you tell by the Great smile on this young hunter,that this Spring Gobbeler was her "FIRST",AZ.N.Rim in
2000---
View

Back