FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Thats my story too doggin, and I`m stickin to it
smile.gif

ETA- I have nothing from the Cars in my music collection, so I`m gonna have to look for a greatest hits CD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GChttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSeDKpCpcpU&feature=related

I'm a huge fan of the songs off of Bat!
I bought the LP when it was brand new. (it was 1 of the 1st LPs I owned)
And today I have the CD of it.

Funny story from June '04.....
Although I was in choir in school, & sang a few solos, I don't normally sing in public anymore. (I hate to be in front of "crowds")
Anyway, back on the date in question, I went on a blind date. And she wanted to go to this place in town that was holding a karioke [sp] contest. Wanting to be a gent, I agreed & we went.
After we got there, she "dared" me to get up on stage & sing a song (karioke). Since we could choose our own song, & I wanted to shock her (she didn't think I could sing), I agreed.
I chose the song above, because I knew it word-for-word. I shocked the place, because I not only sang the "male" parts, I also sang the "female" parts, & the "play-by-play...all as seperate people.
grin.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

I realize we were at a bar, but I got a standing ovation...and was the only person that night who did.
grin.gif

I can still do that song today, occapella [sp], any time I want.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

It's the only song I can say that about, for some silly reason.

My favorite song on that Bat LP/CD actually is the following one...(I found a vid with the lyrics)...

Last edited:
I"m in the mood for some call-makin' music today.

Hard to believe this kid is only 6. But, if you know the song (as I do), and you really watch the video, he is actually the only one playing drums.....

If you like drum solos...

And this guy was great when he wasn't high & drunk...

Nice stuff Will! I always wanted to play drums. Probably a good idea I never tried, I probably would have put my eye out.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GCNice stuff Will! I always wanted to play drums. Probably a good idea I never tried, I probably would have put my eye out.
smile.gif

Between ages 10-14, I took guitar lessons.
I had this big (short-lived) dream that I wanted to be a rock star.
grin.gif

Now, I haven't had a guitar in my hand since 1987, & found out recently, that I had forgotten everything I learned.
cry.gif

Which is kinda sad, since I had taught myself to play solos, (like from Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son") with all my fingers, instead of using a pick.
frown.gif

I played guitar from 13 until I was near 21 years old. I was playing a little college baseball and thought I was pretty cool all around. Then reality that I really wasn't all that great at either one sunk in. My girlfriend (now wife) stopped my shenanigans as the cool guy on campus because ya know, chicks dig musicians! She was on the dance team at the same school and kept a pretty close tab on me. When that became problematic I sold my guitars and with some of the money I bought a new Browning A5 shotgun. Pretty good deal in the long run, I still have the shotgun… and wife.
smile.gif

Hooked,
Definitely two of their best known songs from that era.

I played the ones I did, because I knew they never got much air play, & most folks probably hadn't ever heard them.

I think I've said it here before, but, I've been a major KISS fan since 1976...after seeing them on a Paul Lynde halloween TV special.
Although I don't own them now...I've owned a copy of every album they ever released (both in US & overseas), including some "bootlegs", except one..."The Originals" (re-release of the first 3 LPs in one set--circa 1975).
Man, I spent a lot of dollars on a band I only got to see in concert (in person) one time.LOL

It's finally Friday...Yeah!!!

Even though the the vid is kinda "fuzzy", I just had to play it.LOL

More "Possum"...

A little J. A....

"Lady D" & the "Stranger"...

Some of my favorite songs from some "Okies"...

Back