Massachusetts predator hunters

hey guys checking in... i live in petersham and have a camp in warwick, most my yote hunting will be in warwick with some in petersham,athol ,orange and royalston. Just got a new 243 just for the yotes! now we need some cold weather and snow....

DeerSlr
Nice to have you on!!I grew up in North Hadley,know your area well.I have a friend I hunt with lives in Richmond N.H.
Lot of yotes up there!! Shane

Hi Yotecontrol I'm near Basspro Foxboro too.Where do You Hunt/Shoot,I Shoot PCP's now mostly in Plainville Ma.What Day/time do You Guys get together at Basspro.Hope to meet some Predator Hunter's like Myself.Thank's Paul.....Franky

Originally Posted By: Uncle_SteveHey Deerslyr1,
I'm in Hubbardston, lets hook up after the new year for some calling.

Steve
sounds like a plan! i'm sorta new to yotes, all my yotes previous have been incidental while deer hunting.

I've got brother inlaw who lives in warwick, I'm not that far away here in liberal country known as Montague, I'm the only house with old glory flying proud. Lol

LOL,thats you!!! I think they Montagueites are assembling at common to come to your house and reeducate you,I think they may have the Buddist Monks as back up!!
Holy Cow, my cousin lives in Warwick,so because there are only three people living there they must know each other!!

Last edited:
We had a 70 year old man bit by what they believe was a rabid fox two weeks ago in turners falls. They sent the fox to Boston to be tested. I saw a sick looking coon last Saturday waddling around under my camper, when I came back out with my 22 he was gone. I'm sure my neighbors would have loved me shooting a raccoon in my front yard. Lol

Tommy2gun the seminars will be part of the predator weekend Jan 7th and 8th I will post some info this weekend. Hope to meet you there.

Originally Posted By: Mark2I've got brother inlaw who lives in warwick, I'm not that far away here in liberal country known as Montague, I'm the only house with old glory flying proud. Lol

funny....warwick i would say with has more yotes than people. i set out my bait pile today( deer carcasses i got from the local butcher) also set out my driveway alarm over it. i'll be watching monday am....

Maybe once or twice but, not a regular thing. Last couple of years been sticking close to home, SW Corner, GOM-Jeffries etc. This year I hope to get in a Canyon Trip based out of ACK.

T2G

Hello, I'm in Plainville. New to PM and yote hunting, called in a nice female last year (see avatar) on my second hunt. This season has been slow. I have been out three times, did call in one yote but circled down wind no shot opportunity. Called in a couple of reds last weekend but let them walk. I have learned a lot from PM members over the past year. Thanks, Ed

Originally Posted By: Uncle_SteveSounds like a plan. Where are the majority of the folks located? I will travel to get there. If you are looking for some place in central MA we could get together at my club in Leominster or I could look around for a restaurant or bar. There is also a wild life management area close by that has a picnic area, Barre Falls Dam on Rt 62 In Barre. There is also a pizza place in town that has a room in the back and I could see about reserving that. Hubbardston is only about 6 miles off of Rt 2. It would be fun to get together. I go to Maine with the guys over at Northeast Predators, a good bunch of guys to hang with, it would be nice to get a group together close by to hang with.

I went out in the Barre/Oakham area this year a few times and seen some of the biggest moose tracks I’ve ever seen in knee deep snow, with some GIANT dog tracks right along side the moose tracks following it through the woods all by itself. Had to be a giant dog for its foot to make it all the way to the ground in that deep of snow and it was tracking a moose all by itself.

Back