My wolf, it has all been worth it!

Great story and pictures of a truly beautiful trophy animal. I'd rather take that rascal than the biggest deer or elk in the woods. Triple Kudos to you on the achievement of a lifetime.

Nice kill. Even though the numbers on these are getting up there they are so elusive. I saw an all black one that was huge east of Roger's pass last year, he ran across the highway in front of me. What part of the state did you get that one in?

Jay, what caliber rifle did you take the old wolf with? Im all always curious and interested about that kind of info

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanJay, what caliber rifle did you take the old wolf with? Im all always curious and interested about that kind of info

I used my Ruger Alaskan in .375Ruger cal. I have hunted exclusively with that rig since it came out about 5-6 years ago. Taken elk, deer, bear, wolf and hogs with the 375 cal. Great caliber for up here where it is thick timber and relatively close shots where you need to put something down "right here, right now". It is topped with a 4X Leupold scope. For me it is the PERFECT rig.

FABULOUS RESULT for your efforts and desire to harvest a wolf.
My congratulations got to you with a degree of envy.
Thanks.

Back