Have a pic I need experienced eyes to check out...

Aaron_Proffitt

A guy from work sent me a pic from his trail cam that appears to show a fairly large feline. I'm not ready to take the leap and proclaim it as "lion", but he believes it is and a couple of other guys believe it to be as well.

Anyway, PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you to look over and get an opinion on. I have zero experience analyzing felines on trail cams.

PRMS0217-1.jpg

PRMS0218-1.jpg

PRMS0219-1.jpg

I copied the photo to my photo program, cropped it, darkened it a little to show more detail and then up sized it...IMHO, with all the black spots showing and the pointed ears (head facing camera), It's a Bobcat...

PRMS0218-1.jpg

The abscense of long tail, leads me to think bobcat.

Looks like ghosts in those pics, look under the trees and it seems that there are shapes in those pics.

The clear muscle definition in the shoulder and thighs, an addition to the smaller rounder head in porportion to a large rectangular body, SCREAMS feline to me. The fact that you cant see much of a tail and that its spotting seems to me the most dramatic on the side of the belly makes it clear that this is a bobcat.

Old Turtle, can you do the same to the third picture? Maybe enlarged, it might help show a tail or not. I told Aaron to go back to that spot and take a height measurement using the tree as reference. I think the spots some guys are seeing is the graininess of the photo. The enlarged photo that shows the large back leg sure looks more like a lion to me but none of those photos are easy to see much for sure.

This is the best resolution I could get out of it... I'm not seeing a tail on the cat...but I see some of the same spots..

PRMS0219-1Pic3.jpg

now that i look at the first enhanced pic, the darkened muzzle with th white lips makes me think puma, but i still am not seeing a cougar tail.

Looking at the picture, the size of the cat in relation to how the closest tree looks. I am going to say Mountain Lion. Does not look like at Bobcat to me. I am not an expert however. Just what I see.

Back