Good Year

Dustballs

Here are some pictures from this years big game season. It is all over but the butchering of the elk. I had some better pictures of the wife bull when she shot it but I dont know what happened to my camera but they are gone.

Miranda shot hers a few days ago. We saw a herd of 8 go into some trees. She got set up and I went into the trees to run them out. I hear boom. Then boom. Then boom woo hoo. He was down and she was shooting 300 yards. She missed the first shot, I dont think he was out of the trees enough. The second shot was a little far back. She thought she missed the second and held higher and hit him in the kneck.

I shot mine Thursday evening. I headed out hunting and got out to my area and the wind was howling and blowing snow. I wasnt really in the mood so I told myself that I am going to the cabin start a fire eat some dinner and be ready for in the morning. I was about three miles from the cabin and came over a hill and there was a herd of 25 standing 50 yards off the road. I shot him and had the chore of gutting and loading by myself. He was down at 630 and I was at the cabin at 800. My bull is on the left.

PICT0344.jpg

PICT0347.jpg

PICT0348.jpg

The meat wagon.
PICT0349.jpg

Last edited:
Love the pics of the family and all those smiles. Just can't hide that kind of excitement.

Very nice, glad that your freezer is full.

The smiles on their face say allot. All the boys play for now is hunting.

All of the steaks are tenderized and in the freezer. The roasts in the freezer. Just started to grind the burger and the shaft to the meat grinder broke. Had to take it to the local butcher to have them grind it. All is done but the clean up.

Back