Post Pics Of Your Hunting/Predator/Varmit AR Here !!

Here ya go.

DSCN0136_1.JPG

Originally Posted By: RowdyRawhideJuanjo,

That paint job is effing bad to the bone, did you do that yourself, or have someone else do it.

I would like to know also, and how many hours did that take? Looks amazing.

Originally Posted By: RowdyRawhideJuanjo,

That paint job is effing bad to the bone, did you do that yourself, or have someone else do it.

I'm sorry for the late response, for some reason my notifications don't come in..

the dip is from www.proveil.com its reaper black it took about a week +- a few days. I appreciate the comments.. I still can't believe that I own this rifle... Ive never had anything like this. If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to send me a pm.. those for some reason do come in.

juanjo

Well, I just couldn't bring myself to painting this thing, so I scrapped one of my old Desert Shadow shirts and pulled out the wife's sewing machine.

100_4007Small.jpg

100_4005Small.jpg

Needless to say, I became really proficient with one of these things before it was all over. (When she sees how bad I've screwed up her stitch settings, I'm DEAD.....)

100_4009Small.jpg

AR-15.jpg

Upper Receiver: Vltor MUR
Lower Reciever: Saber Tactical
Bolt: FailZero
Charging Handle: Vltor BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 Large
Barrel: Krieger AR-15 Varmatch 26” with a 1-12 twist
Gas Block: PRI Low Profile .936”
Stock: MagPul PRS
Grip: MagPul MIAD
Trigger: Jewell
Scope: Nightforce 5.5-22 x 56mm NX with a NP-1 Reticle
Scope Mount: Nightforce Unimount 1.375”
Handguard: Daniel Defense Lite Rail 14.0”
Bolt Catch: DPMS with MagPul BAD Lever Extender
Magazine Release: DPMS
Magazine: Magpul 20-Round Pmag with 5 round limiter
Bipod Adapter: DoubleStar Picatinny

100_0588.jpg

RRA Predator Pursuit Upper
RRA NM Trigger/LPK
Essential Arms Lower
Ergo Grip
TAC Latch
PEPR Mount
Leupold 3x9
20 rd PMAG
Dipped in Desert Shadow

Not 100% on optic choice yet so it is remaining as is for now

heres my 6.8SPCll
746.jpg

its new frontier 20" blackened stainless with a linear comp
yhm rifle length diamond FF
MBUS flip up sights
dpms lower with RRNM 2 stage trigger
6-24-40 truglo maxus mil dot

This is my RRA Predator Pursuit. I painted the hand guard and stock.
Juanjo, yours looks fantastic! I might try one of those home film dip kits in the off season.

RRA3-1.jpg

Here is my AR:
IMG_3182.jpg

We can't hunt with them up here, but I shoot service conditions matches and 3-gun style matches with it.
My scope setup is somewhat poverty.

Basic Norc AR with a few upgrades:
Magpul stock, grip, trigger guard
DPMS charging handle and Brownells oversized latch
Dlask flash hider
Home dremeled off the FSB to make a low pro gas block

It's never let me down. Quite accurate with handloads as well.

nice, pretty dang good dremel job on the FSB. gotta be careful not to cut too deep or then it is new FSB time! In my case although i'm an artist with a dremel advantage with the foot pedal and the hand piece, i think i would have spent the $25 and just gotten a new FSB. but hey, your gun and you did the work, that is the main point, and a good job on top of that.
didn't know you could not hunt with an AR in Canada? not even with 5 round or single shot capacity?

Originally Posted By: roadkill46nice, pretty dang good dremel job on the FSB. gotta be careful not to cut too deep or then it is new FSB time! In my case although i'm an artist with a dremel advantage with the foot pedal and the hand piece, i think i would have spent the $25 and just gotten a new FSB. but hey, your gun and you did the work, that is the main point, and a good job on top of that.
didn't know you could not hunt with an AR in Canada? not even with 5 round or single shot capacity?

Nope, they are classified as restricted for no real reason. Same as a hangun, can only shoot at a range and must be double locked while transported. Sucks big time.

Back