FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

"All ur ever gonna be is mean. Why ya gotta be so mean?"

Kid in the locker room.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

To kick off the thread early this morning my mind is on those young servicemen and women of the American military. As we near a decade since 9/11 and fighting terrorism across the globe a memorial song for those young men and women picking up the fight today...

A great way to start off Friday!

And with that I'm headed for the range. I have a new to me Stevens and I'm dieing to find out if it shoots as good as some say they do.

Hope it don't blow up!
smile.gif

And if these two songs don't bring a lump to your throat and cause the heart to skip a beat...

Good stuff from everyone, so far today!
Thank you all for participating!

Doggin', trust me. The Stevens 200's may be an ugly gun, but I ain't getting rid of mine...it shoots real good.
Maybe not perfect, but I can still put 5 shots in a dime @ 100 yds. (from a solid rest, on a bench, 'course, LOL)
BTW, what caliber did you get? (assuming you look @ this post and see this question)

Well, I'm going to stick with the mood I'm in today, for now.......

I NEVER will....

If you, or someone you know had been a POW....

What were you doing?

Although he won't see this, I'm playing this song for my son, Cody.
Cougar, I'm glad you made it home. I'm very proud of you. The Army lost a good man, but the Army Reserves gained one!

(sorry about the sound quality...but IMHO this is still the best vid to this song)....

(again, sorry about the sound quality)....

Awesome Redfrog! hehe..I`m better off now without alcohol for the past...since`94...but I generally have all the ingredients on hand for a `sunrise`...them was my favorite!

Deadhorse, it's been an great day as usual.
thumbup.gif

My wife asked me to look up 'Tequila and you" and I got to thinking about all the other Tequila songs I hadn't heard for a while.

For many years now, my wife and I will sit around the kitchen table about once a month and have few shots of Tequila while we discuss the state of our union and try to put the world in perspective. That perspective changes over time [ 30 years and a million adventures]. Lately it's bending towards the grandkids. Now there's something that will take a nasty day and turn it right round for a guy.
grin.gif

Here's a follow up to your Lefty song.

And here's an Alberta Friday night by an Alberta native son.

this may lead to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM&feature=related

Jim...
Until I read your reply to Aaron, I thought maybe you were planning on drinkin' that Mexican swill all weekend.Hahahahaha
Now me, I never could stand that stuff.
Rum...not bad.
Vodka...OK, as long as it was mixed w/orange juice.
Schnapps..."Yah-voll"!!
And Everclear would warm me right up on a cold winter's day.
Bushmills...smooth (IMO).
But, my drink of choice, back when I was bar-hoppin' 25 years ago, was always Jack Black "on the rocks" & make it a double, please!!

Ironically, back then, whenever I drank beer, (which was 2-3 nights a week, LOL), I always preferred Coor's Light, & would only drink Bud if someone else paid for it.
In recent years, when I've drank beer, (maybe a dozen a year), I can't stand Coor's Light, & prefer to drink Bud Select.
Strange how a person's tastes change with the passage of time.

Yep over the years I've been known to change my tastes, but I always did like Tequila.

I used to be the social director for a company I worked for. We had a few functions a year. Christmas, Hallowee'en, summer BBQ etc. It was a trucking company so the people were down to earth.

I had organized a two day summer bbq/camping event and unfortunately there was a beer strike then.

I bought a couple cases of tequila and a couple cases of southern comfort. Mixed the two together with orange juice and lots of ice. It got rave reviews from everyone including those who wouldn't drink either one prior to then.
thumbup.gif

Back