FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

This song I'd like to dedicate to everyone who is having a hard time making ends meet in this economy...

A good song for TGIF...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHtpvzYLTIU&ob=av2n

I not only like to listen to these ladies voices (together, or on their seperate songs), but dang they sure are easy on the peepers...

This 74 yr old "youngster", has a new CD due out in October, featuring this song...

Here's a recent one from the "King" that I like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl3lcTZN7fI&ob=av2e

Will, good picks as usual. I'm kinda liking those Pistol Annies. I'm gonna have to dig around and post something too.

We got company last night just as I was getting settled in here to listen to & post some tunes. But thanks for keeping this alive this week!

GC, I enjoy these Friday song posts!
It allows me to listen to songs I haven't heard in a while sometimes.
And, gives me a good reason to search youtube for songs that none of us have heard for years...maybe never, in the case of some of these young bucks we got around here. Hahahahaha

I also enjoy the thread a lot for the same reasons. Our company stayed later than I thought they would and when they left I was tired and ready to hit the hay. Next week...
wink.gif

Yep a good idea is always a good idea. Trouble is I sometimes get busy om Friday and miss posting. I go through the picks and get schooled on Saturday.
lol.gif

I sometimes end up on a Friday posting a few songs and spending the next few hours going through stuff I haven't heard for years on Youtube.

Good idea GC
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
A few top songs from my Senior year......

The Voice

D.A.C.

Ed, "Maverick's" friend

Willie (IMHO, 1 of his best songs ever)

E.T.

'Bama

Ronnie

Last edited:
Dang Will, you know music buddy. Can't wait to DRT a few with ya.

Drank way to much beer listening to this back when the wifey was a goal of mine.

Reminds me of my Great Grandpa, never met him but seen his influence on my hellofa man Granpa Dave.
WARNING---BAD WORDS FOR THE YOUNGINS.

And one of the best writers ever. His voice was average at best, but words never found equal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW49rBZIRUk&feature=related

I've got a bad feeling real music has died to politics and general lack of feeling.

Aaron,
The only thing wrong (as I see it) with the song "You Never Called Me By My Name"...is that you played a video of DAC playing the "short" version (which is what is played on radio 99% of the time.
I prefer the longer, unedited version, LOL...

BTW, I thank ya for the kind words about my music choices.**taking a bow**

Redfrog,
I saw Ms. Tucker 2 times...the 1st time was back in the mid-'70s (when she was a teen), in Kansas City at a thing called "The American Royale". (Rodeo/horse & cattle show)
The 2nd time was in '86, here in Salina, where she was the "middle act" between the late Keith Whitley & headliner George Strait.
Yep, she was/is a great talent, IMO. And not too hard on the eyes, either.LOL

Back