wondering if any pics of striker bred curs?

rusty hill

just wondering if you guys have any pics of your striker bred curs and would like to share them?

tell us about them and how they are.

thanks.

Thanks Nate!
I'm sure you guys can tell, I'm pretty clueless & we're both figuring stuff out as we go. I won't make any illusions otherwise & just try to encourage the behaviors I like to see and try not to screw him up.
Cople things I do know are that this pup is gamey as heck, sharp as a tack, developing a great voice & is bonded to me like krazeee glue...

Devin, I got him from Dasher, out of Cooper x Ida. I think you are familiar with those dogs?
Best as I can figure, he's 1/16th Kamphouse bred plott & about 75% linebred Kemmer on Mr. Frye's Striker dog. I think Striker himself is 3 gens back through IDA?

Originally Posted By: knockemdownI think Striker himself is 3 gens back through IDA?

Fred, That sounds about right, as well as I can remember. I'm sure Devin will know. Bring the knowledge Mule skinner.

I believe Cooper is out of Sage, the 3/4 Cur X 1/4 Redbone female that Dasher got from David James. She was/is with TMIX. Didn't Striker come to Dasher from Mason?

If I am right that would make Cooper is a full brother to our Tucker. Not sure which litter.

Interesting & I saw this coming.

I know Devin already knew the breeding on my pup & questioned me to see if I knew what he knew.

Behind Sage's breeding, I could only find that Mr. David James bred her, but not sure who those dogs were though.
Since you guys know more than I do, could you help out with that? How bout it, Devin?

Or is this just about pointing out that my pup is not as 'striker bred' as I figured?

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that he's a little fireball & I'm thrilled to have him...

David James lives here. Great guy. Well known Wyoming Cur Man and Coyote ADC/hunter going back a good ways. I have followed the quest to pin down Tucker/Cooper's breeding as best I could. Mason was very helpful to me.

This has all been hashed around here on Lion, Bears & Houndsmen. I still can't figure out why it is such a hot topic, but it sure seems to "strike" some nerves.

I guess a guy could try a search and try to sort through it.

Knockemdown, PM sent.

Originally Posted By: knockemdownInteresting & I saw this coming.

I know Devin already knew the breeding on my pup & questioned me to see if I knew what he knew.

I had no idea how your dog was bred and that is why I asked, there were alot of features that did not look like a Stryker bred dog so I asked.
Originally Posted By: knockemdown
Or is this just about pointing out that my pup is not as 'striker bred' as I figured?

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that he's a little fireball & I'm thrilled to have him...

No I don't think your pup has enough Stryker blood in it to make a difference. And you are right as long as you are happy with it that is all that counts.
If I was to keep a Stryker dog I would do the exact same thing and breed some hound in it. That should make you a good dog

I know that Ida dog should be a Heck of a dog because it came from Thad, (not due to Dasher). And I beleive Thad.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKThis has all been hashed around here on Lion, Bears & Houndsmen. I still can't figure out why it is such a hot topic, but it sure seems to "strike" some nerves.
The nerves that you say have been hit....for me anyway, is that Dasher lied to me about the dogs he has and tried to pass them off as full bred Stryker dogs and they were half hound and he knew it and when I called him on it he went every which direction. I know he has hit the nerves of others with the same lies but that is between them.

guys i sure wasnt trying to stir anything up.....i just wanted to see some pics of striker bred curs and find out how they are working out for you on the game of choice you use them on.

thanks.

Originally Posted By: Devin69I had no idea how your dog was bred and that is why I asked, there were alot of features that did not look like a Stryker bred dog so I asked.
Devin, with all due respect, while perusing back through past posts here looking for more info about these cur dogs, I see that you've chimed in on enough 'striker cur' & 'Dasher' related threads to think you're savvy enough to be following along on these threads a little more closely than you are leading me to believe. But if you say no, then I'll take your word for it & accept my apologies...

Quote:No I don't think your pup has enough Stryker blood in it to make a difference. And you are right as long as you are happy with it that is all that counts.
If I was to keep a Stryker dog I would do the exact same thing and breed some hound in it. That should make you a good dog

Thanks for sharing your insight.

Heck, I wouldn't know how much is "enough Stryker blood" anyhow.
I just got myself a pup to enjoy having around & messing with in the woods. He keeps me satisfied to the point where I don't have to get on the 'net & critique how some other average schmoe's dog should be bred to my liking.
So then, I'll leave the supposition & speculation to you, if you feel like discussing the finer points of cur dog breeding. I've got mine already & have no plans to buy or make another...

And to be fair, being that my dog might not be 'Striker-ish' enough, I'll go back & edit my first post here to clarify. After all, I'm not here to diss anyone else's dogs. That would be just plain rude, don't you think?

And now I'd like to make a shout out to my NY homey, killcoyotes Matt!

holla if you in da house???
My pup is 1/16th Redbone. Yippeee!!!!

I didn't expect this thread to take this turn, but I guess most have. It seems like everyone that cares, knows what the background is. It really doesn't effect the offsprings quality, just what might have been said. If I had any photos of some of the curs I've run round with, I'd post them. Maybe Catdawg will get on and show a few.

Here are some pics from years ago. All of these dogs can be found in the pedigree of Dasher's dogs.

Huck up a tree.
huck_at_30.jpg

Uphilldoc's Saber
Saber2.jpg

Blondie and CJ on a kitten coon in the corn.
CJBlondieandLadyonasmallone.jpg

CJ and Myself with a good Bear River coon.
CIMG09641212.jpg

Ida at Uphilldoc's place.
UphilldocsIda.jpg

Mixed pack with Blondie and CJ, even my brother's Patterdale Dexter in there.
mixedpack.jpg

Lion bayed with curs. My buddy IdPete took this pic. Hopper, Taz, Rocket and Huck
rock_lion_curs.jpg

Rachel with a Coon in a piece of old farm equipment.
001-2.jpg

Superbad (Stryker's littermate Brother) treed on a coon.
Superbadscoon3.jpg

Frederickson's Cayhill. Littermate to Hise's Buck owned by a Government Hunter in Northern Utah.
005.jpg

Last edited:
Uphilldoc's crew ready to go! Silver(Kamphouse Plott, Grandsire to Dasher's Stryker) on the left, Hopper, Ida and Bell.
953289585109_0_BG.jpg

Superbad again, treed on a bear at less than a year old.
post-142-1209615005.jpg

The only two pups that made it from the first litter off Tigra X Rachel. Derril Fry has one and Mel Utter has the one I kept.
Storm and Rusty
PC110100.jpg

Take care.

Last edited:

Heck, I wouldn't know how much is "enough Stryker blood" anyhow.

[/quote]
Knockemdown

I wouldn't worry to much about any of this. I am no mathematician or anything, but your dog off Cooper and Ida is 18X Derril Fry's Striker dog. There are dogs out there with Striker closer in their peds, but not many that are heavier Striker bred.

Ida was raised by Uphilldoc and the fact she is still breathing means she is a very nice dog!

If you like the pup, that's all that matters. Get him out there and tear it up!

Take care.

Back