Up-close and personal coyote (pics)

Great Pics Tony! Coming to hunt with you is on my bucket list!! I love catahoulas! I had a couple of hog dogs that I trained. Fine hunting dogs!

some awsome pics tony!! thanks for sharing 7 more months till i get to see your dogs work in person. Cant wait to go out hunting with you again and see the family

gonna have to take the adventure to alaska tony allready seen lynx ot some time off going to look for sighn on other they got wolves lynx all kinds of stuff............i could def pack my crap and bring it back here lol

looks like your doin good and holdin her down i dont have good phone service here but i can talk on the email if you can decifer what im typeing

For those who have never been around dog men (and for any PETA type lurkers), let me explain. That "coyote" is actually Tony's wife's, cousin's, sister-in-law's, pet poodle "Cuddles" dressed up in an eco-friendly coyote costume, and the Catahoula and her were just playing.

Oh, no, wait a minute, I was confusing that series of pics with another, sorry.

Actually this series of pics involved a couple of Tony's pet squirrels that he photo-shopped to look like a promising dog and a coyote. (sarcasm off)

Great pics Tony!
thumbup.gif
(And good cropping
lol.gif
)

Hahaha! Keeping it clean on the forum for ya. Don't need any pics that cause ruckus.
smile.gif
Just wait for the DVD...it'll make NBC News!
smile.gif

Travis, I knew you'd love it there. Came up with 2 more coyote the other day. Got 3 of the young males fully turned on now. I kept 1 more that seems interested and sent the other 2 down the road. Not investing time in dogs that don't have 'game'.

Scott, Looking forward to it bud. Miss sitting on stands with you, let alone shooting the sheet.

Thanks all.

Tony

If I were that close I would run like the dickins! Great photography Tony. When I used to shoot back then I used a Hasselblad with a Zeiss lens. Got some great shots especially of buildings and sunsets. Wasn't hunting back then and I wish I still had it.....great camera that went to the moon!

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeNope...but she does look alot like the one I used in the film.

Today was a great day. I watched 3 new young dogs finally turn it on and killed their own coyote, this afternoon. I love watching young dogs finally start figuring things out and begin to hate coyotes.

Tony

Hmmm sounds like sanctioned dog fighting to me

But that's just me and I'm not much for watching dogs just kill for fun
thumbdown.gif

I fully respect your opinion, but if you think a coyote is a "dog", then you are definitely in the wrong sport and website, my friend.

Again, I respect your opinion.

Tony

Originally Posted By: mjbskwimOriginally Posted By: TonyTebbeNope...but she does look alot like the one I used in the film.

Today was a great day. I watched 3 new young dogs finally turn it on and killed their own coyote, this afternoon. I love watching young dogs finally start figuring things out and begin to hate coyotes.

Tony

thumbdown.gif

Then I would STRONGLY suggest that you don't get yourself a decoy dog to hunt with.

Dog fighting is an illegal activity in case you havn't heard, as where coyote hunting with dogs is not. There is a differance, and I would recommend you diciphere what that differance is before making such an outlandish statement.

Terriers chase rats and other small game, beagles and greyhounds chase rabbits, hog dogs chase pigs. They don't do that because they want to play. They get good at it by getting their teeth into the real thing.
Tony breeds and trains dogs for the way he uses them, that is as an all-purpose coyote hunting dog that will decoy; recover; and, if needed, dispatch a coyote. That latter job is easier if the dog has a deep animus toward coyotes, not just the urge to find and chase them. Coyotes have a natural hatred of domestic dogs and see the smaller ones among them as prey animals; dogs have to learn it.

I have seen and been part of training Hog dogs basically the same way,, And till this day never seen Hog dogs any better--

If your dog, my dog or any other dog don't think he can whup what he's after--he ain't gonna try very hard..IMO

David

Bowknutt, you'd be very surprised on my secret on how I train my coyote dogs and how close the similarity is to training hog dogs.
grin.gif
Like you said, it makes for a very well trained dog.

gunpupscoyotes1.jpg

Tony

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockOriginally Posted By: mjbskwimOriginally Posted By: TonyTebbeNope...but she does look alot like the one I used in the film.

Tony

thumbdown.gif

Then I would STRONGLY suggest that you don't get yourself a decoy dog to hunt with.

Dog fighting is an illegal activity in case you havn't heard, as where coyote hunting with dogs is not. There is a differance, and I would recommend you diciphere what that differance is before making such an outlandish statement.

Let me preface this with I understand Toby is a long time member on here and a professional.I understand y'all look up to him and will defend him through whatever.I've seen it before on these forums

Outlandish?? He is basically pitting an animal against his dogs.I didn't say they were dogs,but that it was basically dog fighting.(they both are K9s ya know)

Shooting them is one thing.It is fast and complete.Sending dogs to kill them is barbaric.You are watching a dog fight,just like the Romans would do.

And obviously I think more of animals than to "get a decoy dog" [beeep]? Are you seriously telling me not to get something I just said would be part of a dog fight?
Not gunna happen right away.

If this was more of a main stream forum,if someone got wind of this,in the real world,what effects do you think it would have on hunting?
What would it make us look like?

A bunch of barbarian dog/coyote/pit fighters

And YOU FILM IT for these guys to watch

Obviously entertainment and not real hunting.

Flame on brothers,you know I'm right.Deep down you know it.

Or maybe I just have more respect or animals than to give them a slow violent death,instead of just a bullet through the heart.

I bet the city folk think it's great.Something they could/would never dream of seeing or witnessing first hand.
Not like a true redneck.Who cares? It just a coyote.
Yo cull off the worthless pups too?Use them for bait?

Flame on brothers.
No I won't post this crap on facebook.I won't make contact with orgs that would go nuts with this [beeep].

Y'all can just think to your selves what Bass acwards human beings you really are.

Oh and if you do ban me? Cool by me.Maybe I'm not 3rd world enough to be on this forum

Back