Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Well...New guy to the forum, and a new guy to Predator hunting. I am in the US Army married with no kids. Consider TN home.

I have yet to kill a Coyote, Bobcat, or what have you. I have hunted just Deer, Ducks, Squirrel, and Turkey (Still need to harvest one).

I have gained a huge interest in Predator hunting while reading about them on Forums, and magazines while I was here in Korea. Hoping this year I can go out and make it happen.

My name is Todd I am a Corrections Officer, 42 y/o and I live in midcoast Maine with my wife of 2 years we have 4 children her 3 and my 1 (Yes I had a practice wife) youngest is 7 oldest is 21. I moved from Western NY in the mid 80's to NH and then when I was divorced I moved to Maine in 2002. I am new to predator hunting with calls but have chased them with dogs and trapped alot when I was younger.

Hi all, brand spankin new to the forum, group, and pretty much hunting in general. Used to shoot birds out of the trees with my bb gun as a kid but that's the extent of that. I Like Jeeps, fishing, waylon jennings, and shootin stuff. Doing my first 'yote hunt tomorrow, plan to head out around 5 am. Going up behind lake pleasant on the way to crown king. My gun is too big for 'yotes and foxes but I'm gonna have to run what I brung. 8mm mauser with 170 grain soft tips. Hope it runs right through and bleeds the dog to death but we'll see if I even get my chance. I basically just want 1 of each, 'yote, fox, bobcat, lynx, lion, bear. I plan to do a little deer and elk hunting as well in the future. That about sums it up for me. I'll follow up with a pic or two if I'm successful on this trip. Thanks for providing a place I can learn about all this from, I appreciate it.

holy crap!! i cant believe ive never seen this before!

My name is Matt, im 23, and i live in Spring Creek Nevada. its in the north eastern corner of the state, just south of Elko, bout half way between Reno and SaltLake City.
I love hunting and fishing, but since I graduated high school i have been busy working, and keeping my self working. now that i have nailed down a decent job i have gotten back out to what i love. I grew up hunting mostly deer because thats all my parents hunted. After my parents' divorce i started hunting alot with my step-father, who bird hunts as well. as i grew more and became of age i started hunting with friends who introduced me into predator calling and, well, im hooked. i still hunt deer (if i draw a tag) and bird hunt (during the seasons) but i have made my a life choce to try to eradicate the coyote species. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hello,
Grizzyone here.
I'm new to the site. I was looking around and I clicked on
"The prey" Then I clicked on Bobcat. I was blown away ! The guy holding up the cat looks exactly like me! Same face, hair, build, stance, everything. I called my wife in and said "Whos that ?" "Thats you she says". "No it ain't I says". I've killed many many Bobcat but this ain't me. I'm real curious, does anyone know who that is in this photo? The guy holding up the Bobcat by the rear legs?
Thanks, Rick

Can you find it again & give us a clue as to where to look?

You may have a twin that didn't make it home, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

At the top of the page click on The prey, then click on
Bobcat. Scroll down and you will see the photo. I doubt it's me, but it's kinda scary. Grizzlyone.

Well now ....the name is Charlie Sims. Most call me Pop!
I work as a Data / Safety manager for an electric company. We do government contracts. Married to the same wonderful woman for almost 30 years. Three grown children, 4 and half grandchildren (Youngest son has one on the way). Gunsmith and story teller. Love to hunt! What else is there?
PS the wife and I raise show Boxers.

CRSBoxers.com

Charlie (Pop)

Last edited:
Retired, Love hunting and riding yamaha bigwheels up here. Love to shoot and enjoy the range as much as the field. God is first in my life, family next. Learning a lot on this site. thanks to all

hay guys, my name is daniel. i got the nickname nomad from my co workers cause i like to work alone adn i am always moving i guess. i am stationed in vegas but come from oregon, south central around klamath falls. i am newly married to a wife who hunts just as had as me and have a new daughter that made her first deer camp at a roaring 2 months old. chip off the block. got into varmit and predetors cause there aint much else out here.

Just found the site, looking into getting into coyote hunting. Longtime whitetail hunter. 18 years in the Army and counting. 37 married with two kids stationed in Georgia. Looking forward to the information from the site.

Hi everyone. I just registered this week. I've been watching this forum for a while now and trying to learn a thing or two. I've been somewhat hunting predators for 4 years now. But I've yet to call anything in. Guess you could say I've been calling not hunting them. I hope that changes this year from the things I've learned on here.

Everyone have a safe and happy New Years!

hello everyone, im new here from the northwest ohio. im looking for some info and tips on thi new sport to me. im 25 soon to be 26 on the 16th of this month, i have a five yr old little girl, im single and thats me in a nut shell. i hope to be a sponge and absorb all the info i can

Hi guys. My name is Erik I live in Midland, MI. I am a rookie predator hunter. Looking to get some good info off what looks like a great site!

Hey y'all. Been here for a little while, still new I guess? Never seen this post before.
I just turned 40, live in Southeast Missouri on my parents farm. Born in this part of the country, moved to north Mo. for awile, didn't like being so far away from family, so I moved back.
The coyote population has just literally exploded down here! That's why I'm on this site. I always hunted predators just when the opurtunity presented itself, or for lack of something better to do. Now, I consider myself an active persuant of the song dogs. Lots and lots to learn about calling them.

I've always hunted, fished, and trapped. Ever since I was big enough to stumble along behind the older guys. My love for it grew into a passion that knows no end. I simply cannot imagine all of this not being a part of my life? It's more than that, it's a Part of Me , it's who I am It defines every part of me that's real. If I'm not hunting, I'm thinking about it, or reloading for it, gearing up for it. Tuning my bows for archery season, fletching arrows, tuning broadheads, hanging stands, planting food plots, cutting shooting lanes, hunting for sheds, ect..............

Started reloading my own about a year ago, and just can't seem to get enough. I'm constantly working up new loads. There's lots of good information about that here as well. On that note, I'd like to point out that I've never seen a more well rounded, intelligent, knowledgeable, group of individuals as I have here. This is the Best site, hands down, if you need to know anything about anything that has to do with hunting, calling, calls, firearms, reloading, optics, special app rifles, ammo, ect.......the list just goes on and on! This is the place to find it!

Lots of great people here.
Message to the newbies, show respect and kindness toward these guys, and it will be returned to you Ten Fold.

And that's it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

hello everyone,

my name is Bill, i'm 35, i live in williamstown NJ. heard about the site from another forum member. just started coyote and fox hunting last week. been thinking about doing it for the last few years. i mainly hunt deer,bear,rabbit and squirrel. looking forward to learning more from here,and meeting up for some hunts.

Hello
I'm new to this forum but not to hunting. My nane is Billy Murphree, Im a Registered Land Surveyor in TEXAS. I'm 60 yrs old and like the outdoors. I'm also friends with Cody Robertson if you know him , he on here a lot,he's my neighbor.this is my first post hope to do more.

Bryan here from Las Vegas nv.
Originally from Galveston Texas.
56 yrs young.
IBEW electrician for 37 yrs.
Hooked on hunting and fishing since I was a wee yonker.
Fished for Skeeter boats for 7 yrs on the Redman and BASS circuit.
Now just kicked back and enjoying life one varmint at a time.

Back