Tell Us A Little About Yourself

My real name is Bill or Billy Meyer. I live in Ordway Colorado. I have a beautiful family consisting of 2 daughters a son and my wife of 8 years. I'm 31, been hunting since my first BB gun, when I was nine. I do a lot of coyote hunting and this sight has been a great help. Other than hunting I like to fish, I drive demolition derby cars, and compete in mud races. I work as a Child Welfare case worker and I am the head baseball coach at our local high school. Although I work for Social Services I am a conservitive Republican. ( I don't fit in well with my coworkers politically but I am here for the kids and I enjoy my job.)

Hello everyone,

Just found the site, thought I would join up, try and learn some new skills from folks who know what they are doing.

I'm new to predator hunting, although I've deer hunted for years. This will give my wife and I something to do in the off season. (like I need another hobby) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Hello everyone. I've only been on this site for a little while, got scared of the coyote gods and came here where it friendly and quite often funny as heck. I'm a 46 year old tradesman (siding) and live on a farm in south central Alberta. I shot my first coyote last summer with an antique pump 22 after he killed half of the wife's turkeys a week before slaughter. She got pissed, I got Tikka. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to spend all day hunting and still have money coming in... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just found this site today and decided to join. I have been fox and yote hunting for about 12 years now. Mainly we hunt in NE Iowa. We will spot and stalk as well as sit and call. Seems as if it depends on the day and Temp. So far this year we have had good success. I shoot a Remington Model 788 .243 caliber. I also reload my own rifle loads.

Hi Everyone,
My name is John Williams of U.S. Optics Inc. in California. I was just introduced to this great forum by a couple of good friends and so far am very impressed with the amount of knowledge here. I look forward to becoming more active in hunting predators, especially at extreme ranges.

If anyone has any questions about any of our products, or needs some advice on how to spec out a scope, please feel free to contact me.

Have a good one,
John III

www.usoptics.com
jw3@usoptics.com

I'm a Newbie . I have 40 years trapping experience 41 years of hunting and fishing . I would like to try calling the coyotes sometime this season .I'm on disability since 1989 . I have bad disc artheritist and since 2000 I was diagonised with M S . Not the crippling kind . I love to enjoy the outdoors to the fullest . My son and I do it all .Wish I could get him to help to put up the fur .... LOL

Hello, I'm 53 years old and have been hunting most of my life. I'm a handgun hunter now. I'm teaching my wife how to hunt. (We just had our 3rd Annv.) We love to camp, hunt, and play with our Jeep Wrangler. Do to an injury last year I'm now retired/disabled and healing up from an operation on my back. I love calling in bears and coyotes along with hunting deer, elk, and other varmints.

Howdy Guys, I'm kind of new to this internet/computer thing.
Like most of you I've been hunting and fishing pretty much since walking replaced crawling,I'm 36,2 kids,1 five year old boy and 1 ten year old girl. 1 wife.I bowhunt,fish muskie,cats and bass. I've been away from predator hunting for the last 6 or 8 years. Between work and family it just kind of took a backseat. This winter we were talking to a friend at work who is just getting into calling and my wife asks why I dont hunt at night anymore?. Then she says (why don't you hunt when the kids are asleep?) Nuf Said! I dusted off my mouth calls, picked up a new E-caller and I'm back!!! I hope to learn from you boys and I'll pass on what I can. I do wish I knew how to post pictures and stuff under my name like you guys. In time I guess I'll figure it out. Till then..LATER YA'LL

My name is Clay Eades and I live in Colorado City Texas. I have been married 8 years to Kassandra and have 3 Children. I have Twinboys that are 7 and a girl who is 2. I am a C02 plant operator for Kinder Morgan in Snyder Texas. Oh yea almost forgot I am 27 years old. I love hunting and enjoy taking my twinboys with me every chance I get. I look forward getting to know everyone.

My name is Dustin Judy, I'm 32, married with three kids, girl 8, boy 6, and boy 4. My wife (of 9 yrs) is a stay at home mom and helps at the kids school when she can. My kids are getting into hunting more and more and love to fish every chance they get. We go camping as a family alot in the summer and always work in some fishing or rockchuck hunting while camping.

I've been hunting and fishing as long as I can remember but really started predator hunting in the last five years or so. I can't believe how it gets in your blood, but what a great hobby to have.

I am really looking forward to this fall when I can take the family on a few coyote hunting trips.

I'm Tate Sorvig, I'm 21 years old, and I'm from northwestern Minnesota. I go to college at Carleton college in southern Minnesota. I love hunting and pretty much anything that has to do with the outdoors. I've hunted most critters Minnesota has to offer, except bears, though I'd like to someday. My dad and my uncles own a plumbing, heating, and cooling wholesale company, and I've worked there every summer since I was 12. I'm planning on graduating next year with a degree in biology, then go on to get my masters in wildlife biology from Montana State University-Missoula. I want to be a field researcher specializing in large predators, hopefully wolves.
I also started a boxing club at my college, I'm an officer in the students for the right to bear arms club, and I'm a member of the Carleton conservative union and sailing club. I stay pretty busy. I don't know, guess that's it. If you want to know anymore just PM me.

Just joined. US Navy submarine vet 1978-87. Live in Ohio and dont tell anyone what guns I own. Married and gasp, a new car salesmen.

Hey, I'm John. Goin on 53 yrs. of age. I've lived in Saline County all of those years. I've worked 34 years in the lighting industry as a machine operator/mechanic. Up till several years ago was a diehard goose hunter, but was introduced to calling fur and that's all it took. I'm hooked for life. I have 2 sons and 2 daughters, plus 2 granddaughters. Besides callin kritters, I really get into fishing for walleyes and fishing tournaments of the same. This is one great site and really enjoy it!

WOW--I thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head reading about all the fine folks.
Hi, my name is Roger, Just turned 53 and still have a lot of fire left. Born in Montana and lived in Wyoming for 46 years.I've been married to the same gal for 31 years. I have 3 darlin daughters and one sweetheart granddaughter. I've hunted elk, deer and antelope since I was old enough to get a license. I'm fairly new to coyote and predator hunting, but I'm 5 coyotes to the good and a total addict. I love this forum and suck up every bit of advice dished out. I own a construction company and have worked at it for 36 years. I love to stomp around in the hills and I am thinking of making this my 2nd career.

Hi all, I'm Doug it's great to be part of such a great site. I'm 31 this year and just getting into varmint hunting. I was born in Indiana and have lived here my entire life. I've been married then divorced and married again for 7 years now. I have two great kids, my boy will be 12 this year and my daughter will be 8. I have worked in the utilities field for 12 short years. Hope to get to know you all a bit better.

Hello, I'm Scottie from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Please don't ask me why it's called a Commonwealth, as I really don't know. I think it has something to do with Democratic politics and high taxes.
Anyway, I've been a bow and shotgun hunter for about 30 years and I recently saw this show on Versus about Coyote hunting with these two guys drillin em out to 740 yards and as there is no centerfire hunting here,(Thank you, Ted Kennedy.) I thought it seemed like a lot of fun.
I found this forum through a contact at huntingnet.com and thought I could learn a lot more on a predator focused forum than on a forum that is more of a general hunting topics sort of place.( there is one predator hunting room but it's nothing like this)
As I might ask what might seem like the occasional stupid question, please be patient as I catch on quick.
Also, I've been an avid flyfisherman and flytyer for even longer, so if I can help you in any way, please feel free to ask.
Thanks so much and take care.
-Scottie

I've been "browsing" this forum for several months....don't know why I haven't jumped in before now.

Picked up some interesting tidbits that have become useful in some of my varmint "adventures"! Hope to pick up some more... never too old for this dog to learn some more tricks....!

My name is Randy and I'm currently living in Aurora, Colorado where I have been stationed for the past four years in the Air Force. I have been interested in the outdoors since I was only 3 yrs old and my dad took me out with his hounds running rabbits at West Branch Beagle Club near Lock Haven, PA.

I enjoy reloading, hunting, and fishing. I have really enjoyed my assignment here in Colorado and have been able to do all kinds of varmint/predator/big game hunting and the trout and walleye fishing isn't so bad either.

My favorite varmint/predator rifle has got to be my 204 Ruger in a CZ model 527 varmint. It's just way to accurate and fun! Other small calibers I currently shoot include 223, 243, and 6.5 swede. Last winter, I bought an older model 416B Fox Pro and have had fun driving my neighbors Jack Russell crazy with it, but need to take it out and call some yotes soon. I'll be muzzleloading Saturday, but after I get my deer (confident I know), I will be hunting for yotes the rest of the week.

If anyone in the Denver area would like to do some calling/shooting/prairie dog blasting in between big game seasons, shoot me a PM. I'm always up for hunting and meeting new people with outdoor interests.

I have enjoyed reading the posts full of great information so far!

Big hello from scotland just joined the forum,here,s alittle about my self,I am married with two kids (14 and 12)
live in Fife,Scotland and am keen hunter when i get time that is,i hunt with Lurchers (saluki,bull mastiff greyhoundX deerhound,greyhound)mainly rabbits i take but the dogs were bred for fox and deer,also a keen pike fisherman,also do alittle shooting with my air riffle.
Heres a photo of my hunting team.
julydog008.jpg

hey over there. my names andreww.im 13,like to go huntin for anything i can,like to fish, like sleepin,and like shootin my arsenal,.308,.22,20ga,bow,and a mosin

Back