Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Well, My name is Jerrett and I live in the northeast corner of South Dakota. There are plenty (Too many) coyotes where I live so we hunt them extensively by any means nessasary(sp). I am 15 years old and work for my grandpa.

I have been hunting all my life. My dad took me hunting when I was just a toddler.

I like long walks on the beach,friday and saturday nights, candle light suppers, breaded cheese, guys named Brett and horseback riding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hunt yotes, deer, pheasants, grouse, fox, skunk, geese, ducks, doves, pigeons, and hmmm theres more but im having a brainfart right now.

Hi
I live in the great state of New South Wales Australia. I'm 44 years old and work as a Managing Ranger. I found my way to PM a while ago, mostly to read about your hunting exploits and the equipment you use. I hunt a lot as does most of my family. I hunt foxes, rabbits, hare, boar, goat, feral cats, waterfowl, quail and deer. My favourite species is the Sambar deer.
Cheers Peter O

Hi my name is Dan I live between Guymon and Hooker oklahoma I have a wonderful wife that I have been married to for 12 years I have 3 childeren Taylor 12 Presley 8 Gage 2.I work in a large meat processing facility in Guymon for 10 years now. I love all types hunting and shooting.I raise English pointers.Have been calling coyotes for 10 years still learning something new all the time. I have a border collie lepard cure cross that decoyes for me that sometimes makes it real exciting.I do most of my coyote hunting arround here some in southwest kansas and every chance I get I go to texas arround Senimol very good area. I hunt with Remington 700 in 22-243 and Bushmaster 223. I love teaching other people what I have learned about hunting. I have a shooting range at my house that I shoot at almost everyday.
Boone

Hey my name is Drew. I am from tennessee, I'm 18 years old been hunting and fishing since I was 7. I just been Trapping 2 years. I just graduated High School this May. I work building houses and at sea ray. Hope to attend some big hunts this year.

37 here,Stay at home dad with 3 boys.Married for 13 years ( best wife I could ever ask for), lets me buy all my toys with never a complaint.

Been hunting since I was 10. Limited now due to my Disabilty that has affected me since 98 and hammered me in 02.

Well my name is Scott Miltner and im 25. Live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I Have a beautiful wife named Jen, Weve been married for 6 years. She doesn't share my passion of hunting but she supports me. I work as a foreman for Lammers Const. Co. in Iowa City. My passion of hunting started in 04 with turkey hunting, that my work buddy got me into. Then I was intorduced to Tony Tebbe, and he is the one who got my predator additions started. Sense i started hunting with tony he has tought me alot,not only in the field but in the shop as well. He has let me watch him work his magic on is call making. I have alot to thank him for. But anyway between turkey and coyote hunting i stay pretty busy during the winter seasons. Although i would like to try others like deer, phesant, wild bore, bear, elk and many more. well there it is, and im very proud to be apart of predator masters. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
My name is Richard I live in Locust Grove OK. Married to a hunting season widow. I love to trap and predator call. I have been raised in the outdoors and live in the sticks. I tried to live in town(Tulsa) a few years and found it made me a bad person. I run a NWCO biz here in OK and really love it. I don't know how but I was elected and serve as the president for the First Oklahoma Trappers and Predator Callers Association.
I am new to the site and really enjoy the threads and glad to see good info out there.
I owe my calling addiction to Okhunter who is a sesoned member on here. I am trying to return the favor by introducing him to trapping. I look forward to being part of the PM crew and thank you all for listening to a hillbilly such as myself.

im 46 yrs old and trying my hand at predator calling this yr,,i love to turkey hunt,,coon hunt and activily squirrel hunt with dogs.my wife enjoys hunting with me as well.we live in a small town called shelburn,in. in sullivan county,,hope to pick up some calling tips from the online pros here,,take care tim

Hope there's room for a woman on this forum! I have visited this forum many times, but only yesterday decided to join. I was a friend of Staci's (me!) and she had invited me to join many times. She would be glad to know I finally made it.
I won't share my age, but I think I'm old enough to participate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm happily married, have 7 children who call me mom, plus I am presently the foster mom of 3 little girls. I am the founder of WomenAnglers.us and spend most of my time either fishing or in the woods hunting. I have only this past year started predator hunting and so far the only varmints I've been lucky enough to take are armadillos! I try to keep our farm as armadillo-free as possible and normally use my bow to eliminate the critters. Plus.. it makes for some great target practice.
wanda_armadillo_sm.jpg

I have successfully called in coyotes while turkey hunting, but they always seem to catch me off guard, and I have yet to shoot one.
As for groundhogs... well, the closest I came to shooting one of them was off my back deck. My deck railing still has scars from that attempt. Imagine having to explain to your spouse why the railing as a hole in it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I co-host an outdoor radio program in southern Missouri, called Outdoors Live. I'm an editor by profession and was honored to be the editor and proof for Brenda Valentine's book, Hunting Mis-Adventures of the First Lady of Hunting".

I look forward to my daily visits here. No doubt I'll be asking lots of questions and hopefully sharing some stories about my adventures in the woods this year.

I'm 29, just married, wife lets me hunt all I want (for now). I'm just getting in to predator hunting. Hobbies are hunting anything, fishing for anything, anything outdoors, lifting wieghts and running races.

Hi Everyone.

My name is Lee, I live in a small town in the south of England called Amesbury (very close to Stonehenge). I'm 34 years old and work in the publishing industry. I was introduced to hunting by my dad when I was 8 or 9 years old and I've been doing it ever since. I was given my first air rifle when I was 10 (which I still have). As I got older I progressed to shotguns and handguns, competing in indoor national leagues (.22 pistol, winning two gold medals) and practical pistol (.40S&W, Tanfoglio P40 combat). These days I'm mainly involved with vermin and agricultural pest control for farmers and other land owners. The rifles I use are a BRNO 452 delux .22 rim fire, with a silencer and a Tikka T3 hunter .222 centrefire. I'm also very actively involved with a driven game shoot (partridge & pheasant) and between the beginning of September and the end of January I run the beating line every other weekend. I'm a county representative for the 'National Organisation of Beaters and Pickers Up' (NOBs). This is a failrly new organisation and growing at a very fast rate, over 8000 members joining in 13 months. Not sure if many of you have heard of us but we do have members over there in the good old USA (check us out www.nobs.org.uk). It's a great web site and there's a superb and very friendly forum section. The president of our organisation is also a very well known person, Vinnie Jones [ex-international soccer player and know Hollywood actor (Lock stock and 2 smokin' barrels, Snatch, Gone in 60 seconds, Mean Machine, and now appearing in X-men 3). Well, that's enough about me. Hope to meet loads of you here on the forum and hope to learn a lot about the all kinds of hunting that you guys do over there.

Best regards

Lee

I am 39 years old (until December) and have been married for 19 years. I have 3 daughters, 13, 12 and 10. In my day job, I write treatment plans and submit requests for medicaid payment for persons with chronic mental illness. (never a dull moment at work) I also run a courier route for a couple of local banks. In my "spare" time, I have made custom turkey calls for the past 3 years. In this time, I have made between 300 and 400 turkey calls. I have only been making predator calls for about a month, but find that a lot of the experience making turkey calls is paying off. I would love to be able to make custom game calls on a full-time basis eventually, and am working towards that on a daily basis.

Hello All,
I'm a new member here, and new to predator/varnint hunting.
I live in east Texas, and have been whitetail/hog/squirrel/rabbit hunting for about 30 years now. I hope to pick-up some tips here and maybe eventually add a few of my own.

New member and first post..
I am a 32 year old father of two. I was born and raised in Eastern North Carolina and I currently live there now. I spent 7 years in Northwest Montana/Northern Idaho where I spent the majority of my time predator hunting (cougar, bear and bobcat). Most of my coyote hunting was spot and bang type of hunting. Since moving back from out west it has been hard for me to get in the mood or find the time to do much hunting. Here lately I have been bit by the bug again so that is what brought me here. I look forward to getting to know everybody and learning some new tricks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
My name is Fred Hildrich. I am 38 years old and currently live in Mechanicsburg, Pa. I have a lovely wife of 7 years (known each other since the 2d grade). We have 2 beautiful children. My job is fishing and part time job is huntng. I say job because I work much harder at it than my hobby. My hobby is the Marines. Been doing it for about 20 years now. Raised as a military brat so we moved every three years, great fishing and hunting when you have lived in 5 states before the age of 18. Although, I have been a member here for a little while thought I would go ahead and formally introduce myself. Looking forward to reading your posts and adding when I think I have relevant information.

Last edited:
I am a 42 year old male living in the Poconos, been hunting for 30 years with dad, he was my hunting partner for many of those years...I am married and have no kids...My wife likes going out with me when I hunt, she does not hunt but she enjoys waling with me in the woods when I do go...
I am new to predator hunting, infact I never did it before, the onlt thing close I did was hunting woodchuck , which I enjoy alot..
I joined to get help , I realy dont know where to start, and need advise as to where to to start...
I will listen to any and all advise anyone is will to give me...
Well that it for me..
Thanks
Kirt

OK, here it is...I'm 55 and retired/disabled. Am new to varmint hunting, but I think I'm hooked on it already. My first objective is to bag a red fox and get it to the taxidermy for a stuffing. My wife also goes with me on the hunt (great for carrying extra gear...LOL). I have to be careful though, she just may want to get her license some day too. Well, I also joined for help. I've looked over the board and can see there's a lot of help here and a lot to learn, so hopefully I'll see ya all out on the different threads (me asking dumb questions)... -JohnE

Hello,
New member, first post.
My name is Mark McManus, father of four girls..... damn the luck, (wouldn't trade them for anything). My only two passions are my wife & family, and predator hunting. Predator hunting is relatively new to me, but I do the best I can, any help would be appreciated, seems to be a lot of info, on the forum!!!
I have lived in OK all of my 40 years, but because of work have hunted in 20 or so states. If anyone ever wants to go hunting, let me know, I'm always ready!!!!!

Have a great day

Well I'm 60yrs old and single. Tried that married stuff a few times but......... I enjoy hunting, fishing, reloading, photography and pointing dog training. I am an AKC field trial judge, pointing dog test judge and past NSTRA judge. Would rather judge than run dogs! Have one old pointer left now but had about 20 at one time. Have one wildcat cartridge, a 6.5x06 on a 700 BDL. I am a lousy coyote caller but have enjoyed some success with local cats and getting the neghbors dog to bark. I live in a town of about 35 or 40 people, hard to be sure as it's constently changing. I'm the old resident here, 18yrs! I'm lazy, inconciderate and smell bad; other than that I have no fault's! Life is much to short to take to much serious!

I HAVE A BOAT!!!!!!!!!!

PS

I was just fooling about that smellin' bad thing. Lady friend, "The Swamp Monster", wanted me to put that in there in case there are girls around that hunt. She doesn't! Makes for some upsetting times,,,,,,,,,,,for her!

Last edited:
Back