Tell Us A Little About Yourself

My name is Jackson, I am 78 years young. Married to the same gal for 55 of those years, raised three kids. I live in the Shasta Valley of northern California. I like to hunt fish and photograph. This computer stuff is new to me, and not too good at it. I was introduced to predator calling in 1948 and still going strong. I still have the call that I called my first coyote in with in 1948. It is a very small call, made by a S.V. Higley of Burley Idaho, plus a whole lot more. I shoot a 222 or 22-250. I am pretty heavy into photography, both still and video.

Dan Hayes, 52, married 23, Three children, 2 in college, 14 G, 18 G, 20 B
Hunting 30, Fishing 44, Sailing 40. calling is a blast.

Too Much Fun.
Great site.
Dan

Well may as well.

I'm 21 a farmer by trade but I am working towards becoming an instrumentation tech. I live in SouthWestern Virigina.

Not married (yet), Have alot of varied interests(most involving weaponary).
Just recently (2 years max.) coyotes started migratting(my father prefers to use the term "invaded") didn't see them at first, but came to realize they were here when all the rabbits and groundhogs suddenly dissappeared(they have finally begun to rebuild their populations) the turkeys were also hit but recovered pretty fast. Found a calf with its throat and shoulder ripped out about 6 months later, probably was a bear but it got me to thinking about the coyotes that the boys had brought into the foxpen to run their dogs after. I asked them if they had any escape, they said they weren't sure but that they had to bring new ones about every month or so because the dogs couldn't find the other ones. I asked how many they had brought in they said they had brought in 43 in all. I also asked if they were sterelized before they released them into the pen they said no. I asked when they started bringing them in, they said a little over 2 years ago.

So there was very little question how they got here. Now most of the local farmers and myself want them gone. I have been trying to organize what some might call a full scale offensive. I haven't had much luck. The trappers brought by some of the more.. well established farmers have come up fairly dry as well with only miniamul catches(most of the sucesfuly ones frequent the outskirts of the county dump. So far from what I can gather the coyotes appear to be moving around almost in mass. I say what I'm fairly certain was a coyote run across a backroad a few weeks ago and have heard a few rumors circulating about cats and smaller pets as well as chickens going missing or turning up mauled.

So mainly what I came to this site looking for was to try and find an "old pro" somewhere within an easy drive to learn the ropes from.

My name is Ryan Rowney and I am blessed to live just a few miles outside of Burnet, Texas. I am fortunate enough to be married to about the best woman a man could hope for almost 8 years now and who expects me to keep the freezer full of venison!
I have two great kids, my son is 24 and married now with his own little girl and another on the way, and my daughter is almost 18 and lives down near the big city of Houston with her mom and is about to graduate from high school.
As far as my job, I manage the system of dams here in the Central Tx area. The company I work for has allowed me to show up every day for almost 23 years now.
My dad started me hunting about as soon as I could keep up with him, around 5 years old, and I took my first buck at 7 yrs old. I've been hooked ever since. It's a real pleasure to be included in this group!

Well that explains your handle. Welcome to PM, Chief honcho-in-charge-of-the-water. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Hi, My name is Frank. I live in Berthoud Colorado. I have been doing mostly big game and bird hunting most of my life. With the ocasional yote' bagged every now and then. A co-worker got me turned onto your site and I think it is fantastic. I have 2 children, an infant an a five year old and I am married to a fantastic woman. Thanks for letting me join the group.

Airborne. All the way!

I'm Kevin Young, 48yrs old, married 30.5 yrs, three grown children, two grandchildren. Born and raised in IA and MN. Been trapping since I was 15, hunting since 12.
My favorite hunting was red fox hunting, best year I shot 78 in the winter. Best trapping season I took 142 fox. Then the mange came in and wiped them out. I decided if I wanted to hunt and trap something I might have to go out of state.
I went to WY 11 years now, was getting paid to kill coyotes for a couple ranchers. They hired a good, local, full-time trapper, now I am not needed there. Between the mange and Al I wouldn't have much to do there. I tried a new area last fall, bombed out. I need to find another area, but may not find someone willing to pay for it. I didn't know how good I had it.
I hope to go out west this fall, not sure, wife has cancer again, and taking treatments.
I have a carpet cleaning business, install Electrolux/Aerus central vacuums, and my fur business. Have a AA in commercial art.
I shoot a Tactical .20, it is a Varmit Boss, Browning. T.20

Last edited:
Hey yall Im 33 yrs old from Western NC Im a Roofing Contractor Im a die hard hunter We kill some big Yotes and Bobcats in the mountains

26 years old self employed and vol. fire-fighter. I enjoy any type of hunting and tournament bass fishing. I call the great metropolis of Holtville/Slapout,Alabama home.

I'm 48 years young. I am just a good ole southern boy,born and raised in Mississippi.I work for the number one camo and wildlife seed company in the world. I have a wonderful wife.I have a son that is 17 years old that loves hunting and fishing more than anyone I know including myself. We do alot of nighthunting for coyote. Alot of the farmers around here want us to hunt them. So we are happy to please them.

Hi, new guy, from Louisiana. I feel lucky to have found this site, so much knowledge and experience to draw from. I am late fifties,married, two grown kids, Purchasing Director, like to get out of the office and in the woods and/or water. I am also a serious saltwater fisherman.I tried to call yotes 3 weeks ago, got 2 hogs, maybe I was blowing the squealing rabbit too hard! I am building a remote caller thanks to the articles here. i am a life time hunter and fisherman,anybody from Louisiana here, call me we can hookup. Look forward to talking and learning more.
Thanks, Mike Beaver

Hi ,IM 50 years young,married 30 yrs,3 girls ,3 grandsons,another grandchild on the way.Another damm yankee living in the great state of North Carolina.Recently quit my job as my boss is a lying cheat!!To hell with him,I will survive without that pipsqueek.
Love to be outside,fishing,trapping,hunting,gardening etc.
Found this site and am learning a lot about hunting predators and guns.Lots of good info here,so much to read,so little time.
Real name is Vincent Gerace

I've been married 6 short years to a lovely red head. started hunting coyotes alittle over two years ago. mostly started because I was in college no money and out here I don't need a license for the yote. I have three kids and twins on the way. I love hunting fishing anything outside.
wife lets me hunt as much as I want. most guys aren't that lucky

I'm Brett
I am 30 years old Living in Virginia grew up in California. Spent 8 years in the Army first running heavy Equipment then changed to an Veterinary Tech. Was stationed at Fort Hood Tx, Fort Sam Houston TX, Fort Lenardwood MO, and last at Fort Dix NJ (Yes it is closed down). After my stent in the Army i got out and moved to Virginia and i am living there with my Girlfriend and my two children (From wife #1). I have been shooting and varmint hunting since i was about 7 or 8 years old. I like to shoot hunt fish spend time with the kids. When i got out of the army i went to work running heavy equipment for two different companies here in virginia, after two long years of eating dirt i decidid to go back to school. I am attending Northern Virginia Community College working on my AAS in IT: Network Engineering. After graduating from here i plan on going to George Mason to get my BA in IT. After that i would like to go to work for the goverment. I have a small collection right now which encludes an odd Jap type 38 rifle, i also have two 1917 Remington Enfields and a rem 700 223.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gifFunny story my first and only coyote was shot with a 22 lr at 20 yards i was thinning out the pigeon population at a friends pellitized feed mill and walked around the barn and there he was snacking on an Emu egg. He never knew it was to be his last meal. I'm still new to Virginia and am still feeling out the area to maybe shoot some ground hogs or yotes.

Ok here goes.My name is Nathan Smith,used to come in here over 3 years ago as Btr568,bought a caller in here on classifeds(still have it).Just plain love to hunt,it aint the shot that matters,its trying to out smart'em that matters(so far I'm dragg"n up the rear).Working on 3rd wife,haveing a BOY in in Sept!Trust me guys it was a shock,His name will be Ethan Scott,I'm 47,my wife(Staci is 38).Got her into hunting this past deer season,she has a ruger compact in 7mm-08 an after some careful coaching is a fair shot.I have 2 daughters,1-26 years old:2 granddaughters,and an 11 year old that has been hunting with me since she was 5(i pity the man marrys her,she aint gonna be left at home come deer seasons).Have been pipewelder almost all my life,enjoy my work.

My name is Jake I just joined the forums lately. Live in Minnesota. I am still in High School. Love hunting, shooting, fishing, and most things outdoors. Hunt deer, grouse, small game, just starting with coyotes and other predators up here in the north.

Im 13 years old, my parents are divoced,my hobbies are riding the trail boss(250 polaris),hunting,fishing,riding bike, walking,and im going to join baseball next year.

DylanD
my dad gets everything (BUT A DEER)

37 yrs old Christian,patriot,husband,father of four and nature lover. Self-employed as a REALTOR. Outdoor pursuits include bowhunting trophy whitetails,hunting turkey (first bowkill this spring) Took up predator hunting several years ago. Love hunting red & grey fox at night. Seen a few yotes,too. Long time crow killer and fish for trophy bass at night in the summer when not hunting. Training the four young'ens to do all the above.

well im fortysix, have a great wife,that likes to go hunting with me,we hunt everything from ELk,Deer,Bears,just started this,this year,love it,have to great kids,thrity one boy,twenty eight gril.Have to grand kids,twelve gril,nine boy,love them to death.love to be in the great out doors.been with my wife for eighteen great years,and looking for more.ow and my name is steve,and live in Guarden Valley,Idaho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hello, my name is Cal Sibley. I'm 69 and have been retired for about 10 years. Most of my shooting is at the bench. I'm an American who came to Canada for a week back in '72 and just never got around to going back except for visits. This country really grows on you. My family is grown and on their own so it's just me, my wife and Giant Schnauzer Franklin. We spend a lot of time fishing when not at the range. Best wishes to all.

Cal - Montreal

Back