Tell Us A Little About Yourself

I am new to the board, 38, married with a 12 yo and 5 yo daughter. Both of whom love to shoot air soft in the basement with dad. All 4 of us hunt, fish, camp and enjoy time in the outdoors. We have been married now for 13 years and Memorial day will be 14.

This is the first year I have been able to get out and do any predator hunting and I am really enjoying it.

I work as an engineering technician for a company that makes suspension ars for your hard disk drives. I hae been in the Army National guard since 1990 and spent time on the border with the US Customs after 9/11 and went to Kosovo in 2004. Most of my shooting skils come as a result of the army, and as of the last 3 years have really gotten back into hunting after 19 years of not doing much.

name is matt h. live in republic mo. wife, 3 boys, and love to hunt! just got into the yote thing this year. but i have always hunted something. i am 28, work for oreilly auto parts at there machine shop. my brother huntnut turned me onto this site and i have learned a great deal from the short time i have been a member! great site, and keep up the great work here. if any one is going to be hunting in these parts, give me a yell, me and my hunting partner are always out on the weekends!

Howdy,
My name is Jerome and I'm 26 years old and I've been hunting, shooting and fishing since I can remember. Born and raised in Akron, Colorado. I just got into calling this past fall and now I'm hooked. I'm a high school English teacher, football and baseball coach. I'm also getting married in June. This site has been awesome. It's helped me a lot and I have plans of being a member for life. Thanks everybody.

i live in the united kingdom,i live with my woman an 2 kids in a small town,i work in a factory 4 an a half days a week,at the moment i run two bedlington x greyhounds,by law this is on rabbits,as our gov has banned fox hunting,this is not good,but we have a lame duck gov who made promises to get into power,most of them they aint kept,but the hunting ban placates the old gaurd in their party.

My name is Bob Shaw
I'm 41 and I've been married for 18 years. I have 3 daughters and soon to be a Grandpa!!. I've been hunting and fishing my whole life and is my drug of choice next to my wife and kids. When my wife and I aren't chasing our kids around the state rodeoing we enjoy riding our motorcycles. As I get older, I've learned to appreciate the time away that predator calling offers and the best part is I don't have to draw a tag to do it. My ultimate goal is to call in a lion and hopefully take it. That's if I dont wet myself in the process. Well if anyone of you get out my way, just send me a PM and we'll do some hunting (All I ever need is an excuse my wife say's !!)
PS,I can't wait for my new Grandson to enter this world as there is so very much I look forward to teaching him! (HUNTING & FISHING)

My name is Andy McDaniel,just turned 35 years old.I've been married to the same beautiful woman for almost 12 years who don't hunt or fish,but understands why I have to.I have two great daughters,10yrs and 6 yrs old.I have mostly hunted waterfowl for the last 20 years but this predator thing has opened up a world of new places to go.I live here in Covington,Ga.I built a house behind my parents,where I grew up.I did not fall far from the tree!!!I have grown to absolutely hate the area that I call home,although I cannot leave(remember the house I built in my parents backyard?).I would like to move to anywhere from northern Idaho to western Iowa and all points in between.I work as a lineman and I love my job.My hobbies are,doing whatever I want,and whatever she wants!I hope to learn alot from you guys and I hope you don't mind a little venting every once in a while.

Well here goes. I am 57 and married with no children. I live about 35 miles north of Boise Idaho. Retired law enforcement from Nevada and moved here to Sweet in 1999.I do some dry land farming with alfalfa/grass hay. I have several bench guns in 22BR, 6BR, 6TCU, and 6/06,I built with the help of the Late Skip Talbot. I say bench guns because they are too heavy to carry around for predator shooting other then prairie dogs. I also do some T/C and XP100 shooting. Other hobbies include motorcycles,4 wheelers, and fishing. Been reloading for 35 years and use a dillon RL550 for the past 15 or 20 years My name is Mike McCuskey and my other half is Rose. She will deer hunt with me and target shoot. Life member of the NRA. Learned about this site on a post at Specialty Pistol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

My name is Bethe and I have lived in Pennsylvania my whole life. I'm 28. I have never been married and I have no kids. I have a boyfriend, who is not into hunting at all. I have hunted since I was 12. I enjoy hunting for whatever happens to be in season. I bow, rifle, shotgun, and blackpowder hunt. Blackpowder (flintlock) is my most favorite. Besides, hunting here at home I have been hunting in Virginia, Illinois, and British Columbia. I enjoy turkey calling, trapping, and taxidermy. I work for a huge bakery and I have been there for close to 9 years. I am new to this site and so far, I mainly go right to the Call Builder's forum.

Last edited:
Jeez, never noticed this until now, I'll tell you all about me:
Names Taylor, I'm from southwest Minnesota. I'm 16 and i just got into hunting this pheasant season, not I can't get enough. I go to school in Pipestone, MN but i live about 15 miles out of town. Kind of annoying at times, but very peaceful out here in the boonies. I participate in wrestling and that is very time consuming in the winter, so I don't do much or any winter hunting, or any other activites really. I like to have some fun, party it up, throw a few back every once in a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Glad to be here and so far have been very pleased and learned a lot! Everyone here seems very nice. Thanks!

Taylor

My name is Scott, 43 yrs old. I live in the Thumb of Michigan am married to a wonderful woman who enjoys hunting with me for the last 24 years and we have two pretty well grown kids. I farm for a living and am a certified crop advisor. I used to be very passionate about all types of hunting but my work has gotten in the way of that, besides I find I get to hunt a lot more land predator hunting in the winter when all the deer hunters are through for the year. I have been calling predators with a very limited degree of success for 10 years but never had the sense to give it up. Now I found a couple of partners who are just as hardcore as I am and we have learned enough to call in about 50 or so fox this past winter. Enjoy the site and all the help out there. BTW Rocky was my mom's nickname, she passed away from cancer this past year.

SOR

Hello everyone this it my first time to post on this forum.
My names Kris C. I live in houston Tx. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Im 35 single no kids only me and my dog scout.
I have lived in texas all my life .

Been hunting for 27 years mostly wing hunting.
I train my on labs for hunting water fool and doves.
I love to fish and to bow hunt.
I just took up coyote hunting this year but haven't got one yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Shot at one with a 12 gage knocked it down.
But ran off and couldn't find it.
I allso shot at a bobcat with my buddys 223.
The dang thing was not sited in so i missed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Hello my name is Kevin Conn. I live in Odessa Texas, Im single with no kids that I know of. Im 25 years old, love killing little furry animals, long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and romantic movies. I was just kidding about the long walks on the beach lol. Anyways if its outdoors im probably doing it. Just recently got into sillouette shooting and just did my first competition last month at a local gun range, came in secound not too shabby. I would like to make a suggestion for this website. Make a south west section for us texas people so we dont have to spell out every word so everyone will understand what we want to say.

Hello,
My name is Jason and I was born and raised in a little town of about 400 people in Ottawa,Co. Kansas called Delphos.I served 4yrs in the Marine Corps. Stayed in So. Cal. Got married and have 1 3yr old daughter and 1 on the way. I try to hunt as much as possible and try to get back to Kansas and hunt upland birds and deer every couple of years. I make an attempt to hunt deer in So. Cal. but mostly hunt predators. I shot on the RCT 7 combat rifle and pistol team while I was in the Corps. The guys I hunt with say that I complain too much that the huntiong sucks in Cali but I am just spoiled and they have never hunted Kansas. Well thats all.
Thanks
Jason

Family man. Finding it hard to balence a marriage, hunting, fishing, trapping, and my nuisance wildlife buisness.

I have hunted every huntable species in this state (Illinois) but I have found my real passion: Guiding two of my daughters on successful deer and turkey hunts.

It was a beautiful thing to watch over thier shoulder as one shot her first Tom and the other a nice doe.

Currently Im trying to talk my wife into a romantic weekend hog hunt. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
I'm Ed from London,Ky. 46 years old. Married to a very understanding woman, 5 boys, 1 girl. They're all grown up and gone except for 1 son. Been huntin' all my life for whatevers in season, gun or bow. Just got into this coyote huntin'. i'm hooked on it, can't get enough. My wife is getting a little annoyed listening to my new calls. Even HAD to buy some new guns. Hopefuly I'll learn some tricks from you guys about huntin' the hunter. This is a great forum too, and just about addictive. Good luck huntin' ya'all.

I'm Seth Rowney and I live in Lewisville TX now but I should be moving back to austin this winter. I am 24, have a wife, a daughter who is 10 months, and one on the way, and have been hunting whatever I could kill since I was 5. My wife is the best thing in the world, but she doesnt hunt or fish or golf, but lets me do as much as I want. First was wingshooting with a bolt 410 and then went to whitetails in an old 222. I got into predator hunting not long after that, I shot a fox at 225 yds right between the eyes with that 222 when i was 12, not bad with a 4x scope, totally luck cuz i have never done that again, but it got me hooked. My dad and i both are on here, but i dont know his handle, he just got his AR put together and I get to see it this weekend, maybe shoot it as well! Anyways thats me and I look forward to learning something from the older members in here since I am porbably one of the youngest.

Hey Ed: Glad to see another good old Ky. boy in the Coyote Fraternity. If you get time, look up Jimmy Parsley down your way and tell him "Possum" said hello, and see if he remembers. We used to be real active in the state archery association. Last I heard, he was still running Parsley Tire Co.. If you are ever planning on being up Nicholasville way, get in touch and we'll call one or two up together.
Possumal

My name is Ernie Mazza I am 54 years old am married and have raised four children, all grown, my wife and I have 6 grandchildren with number 7 due in an other month.

Not much to say really I tend to be pretty reticent about myself.
I live in Southwest Kansas, mostly farm and ranch country, real dry most of the time. I grew up in south central Arizona, That was where I started chasing Varments of all types. When I was in my tens AZ still payed bounty on Bobcat and coyote pelts. I earned spending money during the winter months hunting pelts for bounty. In the summer I would catch scorpions ,Rattle snakes and tarantula spiders and sell them to a guy who made ashtrays and paper wieghts with them. After I got out of the Marines I sort of did a lot of things for work ended up in Kansas of all places a cop in a rural Sheriffs Dept. Did that a few years and wanted to move on to a bigger Dept. So I spent the next years in a historic Cattle Towns Police Dept. where I made my goal of Detective after a lot of hard work. In the late nintys I was diagnosed with a degenerative eye disease, this had taken the vision in the central portion of one eye before it was discovered. I had to retire because of my poor vision. I was pretty hard hit by that develpment but as I am not a quitter i tried to make the best of things. I have been trying to figure out how to spend my remaining years i am not going to just sit and vegitate tried that don't care for it. Went to the VA's Blind rehab center in Waco TX. found out that5 I can still do a lot of the things I always could do I just have to adapt the way I do them.
I got some visual enhancement equiptment from the VA so now i am planning a build on a Varment dedicated AR 15, 24"heavy barrel and glass optics that my vision can take full advantage of.
Other than that I spend the day crusing the internet and working with my guide dog.

I tend to be somewhat short tempered with fools, and liberal anti hunting, anti gun people. I grew up around firearms anhd was taught early what they are and how to safely handle them, I have done my best to pass that on to all my children and grandchildren.

Back