Tell Us A Little About Yourself

I live in the interior of Alaska with my wife. Retired Army, 20 years in the Infantry, 4 with Aco 3/75 Ranger Regiment (to any Batt Boys out there, Rangers Lead the Way). I run a trapline here as well as hunt fox, lynx, coyote and when and where the caribou move will hunt (or more aptly, look for) wolves. Other interests are moose, bear and caribou hunting, ice fishing. Most of my predator hunting is done with 22-250, and will use my 17 HMR that I carry for dispatching trapped animals for in close work on fox only. That's all for now.

Greetings! My name is Mike. I'm 49 and have loved the outdoors all my life and hunted and fished since before I was really legal.... I'm from Pennsylvania but have lived in Maryland for the past 20 years. I love to hunt waterfowl and train labs, and a real close second is hunting whitetails. Shot my first 'yote last year while hunting deer and now have the bug real bad. I reload my own for deer hunting, but just got a 22-250 barrel for my Encore and I'm working on some loads for that. I'm real interested now in building my own electric caller and have really enjoyed reading up on that in this forum. Seems like some great folks here and I hope to get to know y'all better.

Why not. Name is Tom Mahoney, originally from MT. currently live in ID. Longtime lurker, never really had much to add. I just turned 40, married no kids, 2 labs 1 chocolate, 1 black. I have been involved in the outdoors since I was old enough to walk, owe that to my Dad. Started running my first trap line when I was 8 mostly, muskrats and then worked my way up to beaver and coyote as the years went by. Been a few years since I have run a line but I have yet to miss a beat when it comes to chasing Big game and fowl. Waterfowl just ended here in ID so now my focus will on song dogs.

Really enjoy this board, love browsing the picture gallery. Hopefully I get the chance to post up some of my own photos.

Cheer,
Tom

Name is Mike Oliver and live in Southeast Iowa. Love to hunt and fish, have a beautiful wife and three kids(this is where most of my time is spent but it is worth it). I primarily use hand calls because I like to travel light, favorite is the "Crit-r-Call". I shoot a .243 and it works for me. I have been calling off and on for about 10 years, got interrupted several times when I was in the Army. I am always looking for ways to improve my calling abilities and this site looks to have some pretty experienced callers so bring on the secrets!

My name is Mateo Delgado. I just recently got into predator hunting. I am 26 not married, but getting ready to get in engaged /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif, have no kids and one dog, he is kind of like my kid. I am an attorney that is currently studying to take my second bar exam and will being full time work in March . I use an Ar15 for coyotes. I am really happy to have found this site and look forward to being able to learn as much as possible and put in my $0.02. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well here's my spill, I'm 24 years old and happily married to a beautiful woman for four years. I have no children and spend way too much time in a treestand and hiding in bushes after a variety of four legged critters. I run a wildlife mgt. area for a living and love my job. I love my church family and most of all The good Lord above for his Son, our Savior and the perfect example of how we should live our lives.

Well I guess my name is a given. I work at a rural phone company as a network tech. I have been amember since 2002 my first username was coyoteslayer.;I thought it was a false concept because I don't see that may yotes. I am 33 years old and love to go calling I am married with three children and they all love to go when they can. I have a good wife who just allowed the purchase of a new browning rifle. So those varmits better look out and keep thier heads up now. This board is about all I do on the net but I love the tons of info you can read or ask for.

Montana Slim, 54 and married to a wonderful women who lets me spend more time in the woods than many of my buddies. Love to hunt and have REALLY loved this site for the information and the sharing of hunts. I have learned a lot hear and believe that hunters are some of the best people around. Refinery workers for the last 23 years, and no I have NO control over the price of gas. Shoot mostly handguns and rifles and occasionally shotguns. Reload and cast bullets and work on guns part time.

hello fello vermon hunters
my name is brian decker 36 years old, have been hitched for 10 years to the one and only, and have 2 boys 8 and 5.
born and raised in a small town (140 people) in southwest michigan. have always lived on the 3rd. generation farm and also drive semi truck. i haul only farm type commodities. i love to hunt woodchuck, fox, coyote, crow, whitetail deer, coon, squirrel, rabbit, and also ice fishing which we haven't had any good ice this year, oh well maybe next year. i don't have alot time for the computer so i don't get on pm alot but its the first sight when i do. it's really great reading about everybody else's success. shoot straight and hittem hard!!!!!!

My name is Chris Irvin and I am 22 from North Mississippi. I am a Network Technician for the local school district, have never been married and have a 3 year old son. I spend my time when not online hunting deer, squirell, and turkey and have just started hunting coyote and fox. I try to stay in the woods/fields as much as possible. I have a few friends who are farmers and have permission to hunt there land for all the coyote I can kill. In Mississippi you have to have a letter from the land owner stating you are there depredation agent to be able to hunt at night. I like to take anyone wanting to go hunting. Normally when I go I either have my son or some of my friends kids tagging along. It's nice to introduce a kid to something they otherwise might not experience. I guess that's it about me.

Ira Callahan....Retired US Army. Spend time all over but I enjoyed Alaska the most. Married for 33years plus to same great women. Four Kids , 6 Grandkids and love the outdoors. In Alaska I was stationed at Fort Richardson with Charlie Company, 1st of the 6oth Infantry "Airborne". Love predator hunting. Living in Washington state now. Hunt whatever and when ever I can. Will turn 53 in a week or so.....hell I feel like I'm just getting cranked up! I enjoy PM and learn something new everyday.....(And they said you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks.........Waaahhhhhh)!

Julian Gunney, Living in the middle of nowhere near Murfreesboro, TN. Married with 2 dogs and have acheived 44 years on this rock we call home. Still looking for hunting partners and have land to hunt. English by birth, Southern by the grace of God, well South of England anyway. Just another foreigner cheering on the Packers and trying to blow stuff up!!!!

Hello,

My name is Cal. I'm an American who came to visit some friends in Canada for a week back in 1972 and just never got around to going back. You don't want to invite me to your home as I tend to stay. I'm 69 years old and retired with grown children so there's just me and Franklin, my Giant Schnauzer. I no longer hunt a great deal but spend a lot of time at the rifle range, at least one whole day a week (except in winter when I hibernate). This is an easy country to get to like. I do go back to the US to visit family. My major hobby is reloading which I never seem to tire of. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Names Robert Beard, 39 years old,I have 3 kids ( 2 in Ky )1 with my beautiful wife of 7 years. I am prior Military currently paying the bills as a sheetmetal fabricator. I enjoy the outdoors and any hunting that the wife and the good Lord allows me to do. I have been hunting the Moon Dog since I was 12 and I am still learning. I also have become addicted to these forums and the conversations held with individuals of the same intrests, Thanks for allowing me to come along.

Hello Fellow Americans (& others):
I'm new to this forum, so here's my intro. My name is Will Horting. I'm a 41 year old, lifelong resident of N. C. Kansas. Was raised on farming, '60/'70's Country music, & coyote hunting. My dad, his dad & my uncles all hunted coyotes from back in the 40's to the present. I started going when I was 8. Started calling them in 1995. I also hunt deer, pheasant, turkey, rabbit, & squirrel. (although coyotes is an obsession)
Twice divorced, I also have 3 great sons, aged 19-17-15. So far no grandkids(thank goodness)! The oldest is a newlywed...the 17 yr. old is leaving for Army basics in June. Gotta love the US Military for our Freedom!!!!!!!
I also enjoy NASCAR, vid games, reading & WWE/TNA.

Great to be here...Now, let's go kill something cuz I ain't patient OR politically correct! Heck, wadya expect from a redneck?

hey everyone 34, married, two daughters,6 & 1 work in the patch, been huntin since i was twelve but just found this forum. ITS GREAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Ok, I am from South Africa, home to millions of different species of wildlife, I am an ex con, nuclear bomb salesman and business is pretty quiet. No, jokes aside, am 43, am a manufacturer, writer, lecturer, speaker, game call manufacturer and guide and teach predator hunting. I have the only game call company in South Africa. I have been hunting and calling predators since 1984, and am an ethical hunter and am presently campaigning against the use of gin traps and poison in South Africa. I am married to a wonderful lady who is also my best friend, I stay on our family owned 12,000 hectare game farm,and also run a manufacturing game call plant in Cape Town - South Africa.

I was previously in the motor business and also studied law and did a gunsmithing qualification as well. This all happened after the war in South West Africa of which I was involved in from 1979-1989 off and on as military training used to be a standard requirement. This is when I became interested in predator calling.

That my story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I'm 62 years old. Retired from the state utility company, and now work as a utility consultant. Married for 30 years. Was raised in southern Arizona. My wife and I have lived in Northwest New Mexico for 30 years. I've hunted in the lower forty-eight, Mexico, Alaska. I live in an area of really great predator calling. My passion is fox and cats, and have been successful with both. I'm new to PM and really enjoy the forums.

I'M 40 YRS OLD, MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, W/ 4 KIDS RANGING IN AGES FROM 23-12. I'M A CAREER FIREFIGHTER IN HARRISBURG PA. SERVED IN THE USMC FOR 8 YRS. PRIOR. HAVE BEEN HUNTING SINCE I WAS 12, BUT JUST GETTING INTO PREDATORS. NO LUCK YET /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif ...LIKE FISHING, CAMPING, WRENCHING ON CARS & COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW HUNTING PARTNERS...JUST DROP A NOTE IF YOU WANT TO TALK, HUNT, FISH, SHOOT OR WHATEVER... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

GOOD HUNTING, RICH

Hello all. I am a 34 year old male of stubborn Irish stock living in Bulverde Texas.I have a wondurful boss (wife) and a 5 3/4 yrs. old daughter who is the best hunting buddy a man could dream of and a 2 1/2 yrs. old son who I can't keep inside the house and he loves the outdoors. I was brought up hunting and fishing since I could walk. I work as a fire testing technician in a laboratory in Elmendorf Texas. My family owns 1600 acres of land outside of Robert Lee Texas where I do most of my hunting.In the eightes my father and I ran a trapline in Kerr county and night called every chance we got (bought a mini 14 ranch rifle with my end of the profits in 1986)then the bottom dropped out of the fur market and I have concentrated on deer hunting untill this year. The sheep rancher who leased the land took his sheep (and govt. trapper) off the ranch last year(thank God!) and we have been seeing way more deer, quail, and turkey not to mention predators on the ranch. We don't see alot of cyotes but we've seen alot of grey fox and bobcats. I'm looking forward to this coming winter to hit them hard and get my kids into the sport.Thanks
Trashcan

Back