Tell Us A Little About Yourself

The big guy upstairs has really been doing a job on me in the last couple of years. Stroke, diabetes and bursitis one after the other so I don't get to hunt very often now. Darn good thing I really enjoy bench shooting at the range.
I continue to shoot a lot and still love it, but I've got some doubts about these being the golden years. Best wishes to all.

Cal - Montreal

32 yrs old. Father of one beautiful 7 year old boy (Evan Thomas). He lives in SW Louisiana with his mother (ex-wife), who is an amazing woman. Grew up hunting ducks and geese with my father in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Had a great childhood. Moved to Key West, FL, after high school, to pursue a life-long dream of fishing guide. Been lucky enough to meet the right folks and was able to fish for billfish as crew in 9 countries. Screen name is Makaira in respect to the most beautiful, powerful, majestic predator of them all, the blue marlin.
Moved to AZ in attempt to quell a ravenous drug addiction I acquired when I was younger, and have found something that gets me as riled up as raising a big blue. That's watching a coyote race into my call, sometimes, alarmingly close! Been clean almost two years now and live everyday with a renewed appreciation for the finer things in life: family, God and the great outdoors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Thanks for listening

Quote:
Well I might as well introduce myself as well. My name is James Holbrook, I have been married for five years now and have a 3 year old daughter and a son on the way. My son will be here Aug. 30th. My favorite hobby is my family, but am trying to learn how to hunt coyotes. I'm originally from Nebraska, but have been living in Tennessee for quite awhile now.
I've been deer hunting on and off for several years now and finally killed my first one last year. A 14 point, 200 pounder. I know, I know, out west it would be called a 7x7.
biggrin.gif
Hope it doesn't take me as long to figure out how to hunt coyotes as it has for me to hunt deer. I don't think I have enough good years left in me to use up that much time. LOL. Oh by the way I'm 32 and am heading back to Nebraska this winter to hunt some ringnecks.
I definately enjoy reading the posts here. I visit several sites and this place has got to be the most informative. May God bless all of you.

------------------
Insanity is doing the same thing time and time again while expecting a different result.

I came back to this thread that was originally started by Will Craig himself. Couldn't help but think about how much has changed in that time frame and how much this site has grown. I hadn't visited here in quite awhile due to having too many irons in the fire, but once you've been bitten by the "bug", it's hard to stay away. I look forward to doing some coyote hunting this year.
I also noticed that when I put my first post here that my daughter was just 4 and my son wasn't even born yet.
She's 8 now and he's 4. She loves the outdoors, but isn't too keen on the harvesting part. My son on the other hand, he loves everything to do with the outdoors. He's wanting to go coyote hunting with me this winter. I'm not sure if he can stay still long enough, but what the heck. If he wants to go......I'll take him.
That's what my father did with me and I'm sure I busted up more than one hunt for him. I'm thankful he took me anyway.
Sorry I posted here again, but just felt like taking a stroll down memory lane for a minute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

im a retired firefighter, arson investigator. been away from varmit bustin for 20 yrs or more. had a 243 pre 64 winc varmiter with 20#redfield reloaded all ammo. gave it to a young boy that was disabled. im thinkin about a 17hmr. or a 223 got a lot of ball ammo, any new hot stuff around i need to know about?what is the most popular cal, and set up, now days. i got a 222mag rem, hard to find ammo. youall are welcome to holler back on email, thanks

This seems like a good place for my first post. My name is Steve Walker. I'm 35 years old. I tend to take my job to personal, therefore I spend a lot of time at it. When not at work I enjoy time my wife and 6 year old son. My interests are target shooting & hunting - white tail, duck, squirrel & turkey. I also enjoy old cars (hence my screen name) I've been overly blessed by the Good Lord. My son is a vibrant, rowdy, little animal who likes what his daddy likes. My wife likes the cars and the guns too!!! She brought some of both into our marriage! Our car collection goes from Packards to Plymoths to Pontiacs to Studebakers. We live in Talbott, TN (just northeast of Knoxville)

I found Predator Masters through posts on AR15.com. I have been wanting to do some coyote hunting. The more I have read and researced, the more it seemed FoxPro was the way to go. Since 6.8 Rem SPC is not readily availble yet, I took some of the budget from my 6.8 AR build fund and ordered an FX3 FoxPro caller. The more I learn about predator hunting, the more excited I become. I am more excited about getting my FX3 than white tail hunting in East TN this fall. (The Kansas trip in the first week of Nov. still has my interest though!)

So you all can know me a little better here’s a snapshot. I just turned 49. I reside in Cedar Rapids Iowa at present and was also born here.

As for my experience, I have been hunting, trapping and fishing my whole life. Fishing at the age of three (so the picture show) and taking my first pheasant with a 20gauge at the age of 9.

I began calling and howling in predators since the age of 11. I called my first fox in at 14 and my first coyote at the age 17. (Back then there just were not many Coyotes in Eastern Iowa).

I have hunted predators from as far south as Florida to as far North as Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada. My biggest varmint I have ever killed with a rifle was a 300lb wild boar in Florida and the smallest varmint was just two weeks ago in Nebraska. Yesiree,I killed two pocket gophers caught excavating a hole.

Besides my normal job as an Engineer, I am a Pro Staffer for T&T custom calls. My sounds preference for calling Coyotes is howling. My experience is howling works all the time, and when its perfect you dont need a distress sound.

I shoot a SAVAGE .22.250 12BVSS, which is fully bedded. I load my own rounds and prefer SIERRA 22 CAL 50GR BLITZ KING loaded to around 3200FPS. It has a 3.5 to 15 Sightron on it and it routinely shoots sub .60 at 200. Why such a heavy gun……..because it doesn’t wobble when the adrenaline starts flowing!

I have but one regret regarding varmint hunting, I just wish I would have had a camera in the early 80’s and maybe Randy Andersen would be saying the same about me right now.

My name is arend and i come from holland. I am just getting in to calling predators. I like to learn more about this subject. so far i shot 2 foxes with a call.
I use a .223 rem /.270 win blaser r93 for shooting foxes and other vermin.

Well I just heard about and joined this tread.
I'm married (44 yrs), retired. Have two children.
My son is a avid sheep hunter, (he's in China now hunting blue sheep).
My daughter does not hunt but her husband who never hunted before marriage is now an avid big game and bird hunter.
I reload for my son, son-inlaw, and myself. Thats like reloading for about a dozen guns.
Life member NRA
Life member North American Hunting Club
Avid Rifle shooter, Trap shooter, and pistol shooter.

Well I thought I have been lurking long enough.
I'm married (5yrs), a 2 1/2 year old little girl and a female bun in th oven due in about a month. (Man that's getting close)
I live in a small West Texas town and have been an avid Gun lover and hunter. I have always tinkered with my stuff and I can't buy a gun without messing with it one way or another. I build ar-15, 98 Mauser, 1911, and my favorite the 10/22.
I hang-out at other forums (mostly lurking) such as Roderus Custom Gunsmithing, Rimfirecentral, here. My alais are Mad Max, and Ackerman Arms.
I like playing in the garage but I love playing with my family.
Thanks,
Sean

Ron Pitzen here. Born and raised in Minnesota. New to this forum and really like it so far. Love to hunt, fish, shoot, camp and lately, chase predators. I say chase because I haven't shot any so far! I shoot a T/C encore. Chaplain and Alcohol/Drug counselor by profession. Married with 5 kids and 8 grandkids -- love 'em all! Hopin' to get to know a few of you better, especially anyone local who may want to get together to hunt or shoot. Appreciate this opportunity to intro myself. Thanks for your hospitality so far!

Originally from Michigan. Retired from a Fire Department and moved South to Warmer temps. I live south of Mountain Home, Ar. and spend my time Hunting and Fishing - 4 Wheeler riding - Motorcycle riding - Horseback riding, caving, Prairie Dog busting in N.M., and now, my newest bad habit, Coyote hunting. I have been lurking in the background trying to learn what I can, and then try to put it into motion. I shoot a Remington VSF in .223 where I can but in our Wildlife Management areas, carry a Savage 22 Mag, because of our intelligent game laws. I am 60 yrs young and don't plan to ever grow up. All children are grown and out of the house. Only my wife left to keep me under control. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I'm 29 divorced for 2 weeks, got 2 beautiful kids, and a pretty cool race car hince the name! I've been calling for about 10 yrs and just love it. I actually took this year off from bowhunting so I could concentrate more on calling but its been way to warm. I'm employeed with the state of kansas Equipment Mechanic. LOL gotta love them state jobs I have more time to hunt!! Jeremy

Howdy, I am new here but very impressed with the vast amount of knowledge here. My name is Shayne Rodgers I am an avid hog trapper and hunter and I enjoy predator hunting aswell. I am married to my third wife and I have 3 kidos. My wife and kids all love to hunt. My 5 yr old girl is going to be the next Huntress on the hunting shows on tv, according to her. Any of you guys in west Texas want to hunt together shoot me an email and lets get out there. I am living in my home town of Rotan, TX, I run an outdoor program for disadvantaged kids, as well as teach archery in the class room, volunteer with the TPWD, and with Texas Youth Hunts,I also am a Hunters ed. instructor.

I like to hunt any thing thats legal any time any place!!!!!

My name is Mike and I live near Hayden, Idaho. Retired from the U.S. Forest Service in 97. Work enough in the summer time to finance my adventures. Im Married. I called my first coyote in the 1963. got away from it for a while, but now I have the bug again. I spend a lot of time hunting mostly Waterfowl and deer. Not much upland game in this part of the state other then grouse. Elk are getting to be too much work. I have a yellow lab (Brier) who is starting to show his age too. I spend the off season fishing and working around the place. I live in a great area for outdoor people and life is good.......

hello,my name is rodney caudill.I live on the brushy mtns. in wilkes county nc.just geting started into predator hunting after wathing coming to the call i got the fever
the only problem we do not have that many coyotes here.
i currently use a mini14 .223 cal. and i justpurchased a 22-250 but have not used it yet.just wanted to say hi

Howdy,

thanks for creating such an informative board. I've been lurking here for a while now, but finally registered. I'm from Grapeland, Texas, which is basically in the middle of east texas, and hunt the big 3 like most of the other guys on this board. We are overrun with coyotes, but occasionally get a shot at a fox. I really want to get a bobcat this year. I've been using a JS MS512 caller for about 5 years now, and had lots of good luck with it. Just ordered an FX3, when it comes in, I figure I'll try to get my bobcat! Looking forward to learning more about predator hunting in east texas!

beaver

Im Adam Nease. Im from Princeton Indiana. I just recently started hunting predators. So far I've called in mostly coons and foxes, because there's not very many coyotes in my area. I cant shoot bobcats here in Indiana because they just moved them from the endangered list to the protected, but i think that'll change here in the next few years. The two guns i own right now are a 12 gauge NEF Pardner, and a Marlin Model 60 .22, and I'm planning on getting a .17 HMR.

I am a diehard bass fishermen. During the warmer months you wont even see me unless you go to the lake.lol. the biggest bass I've caught and weighed was a 7 3/4 pounder.
I'm also considering getting into competitive bass fishing probably the year after next. Maybe sooner depending on whether I find a partner with bass boat. If anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited:
Well my name is Hunter I live in roosevelt UT. I have 2 kids and "one" wife lol. I am new to coyote hunting and have I caught the bug baaaaaaaad.I eat sleep and dream the stuff but being the "newbee" not mutch exp.I have called in 2 so far.Was hoping some of the expert guys who live close might take a new guy "under there wing" and teach me the ropes!!!! got one this morning post picks soon.

I'am brand new to pm. My name is Will Larsen. I'll be 29 on friday.I have been married for 7 years,I have 2 boys 6 and 4.I have been hunting coyotes for the last 15 years.I even hunted them for a living for a few years.Now I work in a cement plant not as much fun but better money.I live in northern utah.I mostly bow hunt for deer and elk,when thats over back to the 22-250 for coyotes.I look forward to hearing more.

My name is Mike. Im in S.W. Michigan. Im 29 married for 4 years.We just had our first kid. 5 month old daughter. I hunt deer mostly but also hunt turkey, ducks, geese, and yotes.Ive been yote hunting for about 5 years but really only seriously and with some knowledge for 2. Im a pipefitter by trade and work in the auto industry. I really love P.M. and the people here. Im glad I found it.

Last edited:
Back