Tell Us A Little About Yourself

ok... well i am alot younger than all you guys, as im only 15... lets see... im in year 10 of high school (that means i've got 2 years left), i live in southern new south wales in australia, and despite what you might think about australia, it is COLD here. so i hunt mainly rabbits (cottontails) with my .22 brno, foxes, when i can get them, though they are really rare since we got burned out a few years ago, i also shoot fallow deer, and we harvest kangaroos for dog meat, and to keep numbers down..
other than that, i live at home with my parents and a brother, go fly fishing for trout, as well as fishing at the coast with lures... um.... 4 dogs, 4horses and two cats, plus sheep and cattle... we use the horses for an australian sport called campdrafting, which is similar to cutting, but different... thats about the shape of it i think

Hey everyone! I'm Doug from SW Oklahoma (Caddo County). 42 years young. I'm married. My wife and I have 5 kids between us (3 teenage girls...pray for us!) I've grown up in the outdoors but only recently became addicted to predator hunting. I love it! I'm just a beginner so I always welcome advice from others. PS: I recognize some of you from the Texas Predator Posse where I've been a member for a few months so I'm not a complete stranger.

Hello All,

My name is Mark Withers. I have just joined this board yesterday 5/3/05. I have goten into coyote hunting just last week. Have a spot to hunt and am eager to learn. I plan to have my first hunt on Mothers day (that morning befor mom gets up ) I live in a small rual town 30 mins west of Nashville, Tn called Ashland City. If there is anyone in that area that can mentor me that would be great. (hint, hint) I love all things out doors. I reload my own. Im also a shade tree mech. and Im a all around jack of all trades and master of none.

Hello, my name is Greg and I'm a hunt-a-holic.
I am 26 yrs old, and i have been hunting for at least 20 of those. I grew up in the panhandle of Texas hunting mainly pheasant, quail, and dove, and central texas hunting whitetail and turkeys with both archery and rifle. and recently i have gotten into waterfowling and predator hunting. see i just recently gained permission to hunt 10 sections of land that is rich in coyote and hog, and probably a bobcat or two. Its located just off the caprock here in tx. if you aren't familar with the region its rugged canyons and mesas striated with arroyos or dry river beds. and camoed in juniper, cactus, sage and mesquites. so i figured i'd better get to learning the tricks of the trade and this seemed to be the wealthiest resource! so if there are any other texas boys on here, i'd love to pair up and pick your brain, and in return you can help me stomp out these 6,200 acres.

happy hunting, and don't forget to "squeeze" the trigger.

Hi, My name is Mike Draper. There is a very skilled knifemaker with the same name so I go by mumbleypeg. I live in very Southern California and am just recently catching up to predators. Nice boards you all have here.
mD

I am 39 yrs old, married for 12 years to a wife that will let me go hunting anytime I please.

Town: Glendive Mt.(eastern montana)

I am a Highway Project Manager. I have hunted all my life. I have been a serious predator hunter for 15 years or so. My next passion is big mule deer.

I'm 58 yrs old, a Viet Nam vet (67-68)and since 1970 have made a living as a professional offshore fishing guide. I hold a Merchant Marine officers ticket and have skippered boats from the East coast of the U.S., throughout the Bahamas, Virgins, Mexico, Panama, Coast Rica and across the S. Pacific to Australia and Indonesia.

I maintain a hideout in the Va. mountains and usually spend 2 or 3 months per year up there hunting whatever's in season. Deer, Turkeys, Coyotes, Groundhogs, whatever.

My current home base for fishing operations is the Outer Banks of N.C.

I'm divorced 20 years and have one daughter and 2 grandchildren.

I fish for a living and hunt for enjoyment.

Hello my name is Bob and I am an Outdoor-aholic. I'm 61 years old and my bride and I live in a very remote area of Alaska in a home we built ourselves doing what we want to do. Totally powered by renewable energy and have all the hunting, fishing and trapping at our doorstep you could ask for.
Joined the Navy out of High School and then spent 31 years with IBM as a large system engineer. Retired from IBM and moved out here from Anchorage 10 years ago. Only leave here once a year when we "Spring Out" for our annual trip to Los Anchorage to see our children and visit the doctors, dentists,and grocery shop. Have lived all over the planet and if there was a better place to live I would be there.
Have a bad case of Black Rifle Disease and after hunting a lot of big game find wolf hunting to be far better. Lived in SD for several years where I got the bug with coyote, fox and prarie dogs.

Hello,

I'm Bill, and I live in southern California (northen LA County). I'm 30 years old as (this June). I have been married for almost 8 years, and have an infant son, and a 3yr old daughter.

I grew up hunting upland game and varmints up until about 1993. College kept me busy, then so did marriage. I haven't actively hunted in 10 years. I used to love calling coyotes with my Circe Predator calls.

The urge to hunt again has stirred in me, and my favorite hunt is for predators.

I work in the corrections aspect of law enforcement, and have been a custody assistant for just over 8 years.

I love the outdoors, and much of my free time is taken up by geocaching.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifI'm 29 years old and have started to hunt coyotes with calls just last year. I'm a city firefighter and also an outfitter for bird hunting with about 50+ hunters a year. I have two small kids and love living in Edmonton Alberta Canada where I can hunt almost anything. My favorite is sheep hunting and have 5 bighorns and one dall sheep. I shot my first Grizzly bear last year which is the biggest predator to date so far.

Hello. My name is Cal. I'm an American who is retired and living in Canada, about 16 miles west of Montreal. I spend a lot of time at the rifle range and in my reloading room. It's a nice peaceful country, not at all hard to like. I have grown daughters in Massachusetts, Virginia and Oregon so I also travel a goodly amount with my best friend, a black Giant Schnauzer named Franklin. We're just spinning our wheels at the moment. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Hi, my name is dave wylde, i come from south yorkshire, England. I,m 38 years old, and was given my first airgun aged 4, i,m looking at it on the rack now, its now my 5 year old sons.I love all guns , airguns shotguns and rifles, keep threatening to take up the longbow. I love fishing, especially pike. I was a hunt servant for 6 years[ till they banned it]whipping in for a pack of fell hounds, which were hunted on foot, the same sort of hounds and country, which the famous John Peel hunted in Cumbria.I have a fixation with the red fox, and hunt him any way i can, i have an old terrier, and a young one year old deerhound x greyhound, think you guys call em staghounds?For a living, i am a coppersmith, making reproductions of victorian gas lanterns, i also do some mole, rabbit fox control on a proffessional basis.

I've been a member for a couple weeks but have frequented this forum for about six months. I was amazed at the amount of info. I saw on a daily basis. Glad to be aboard and hope I can contribute in some manner.

I'm 31 yrs. old and am married. No kids except for the lab. Grew up in Kansas and Nebraska. Been living in Texas for the past eight years.

I'm a Behavior and Language Consultant. Love what I do but would rather hunt for a living. Just a joke.

Glad to be aboard!

Hey all my name is chris and i have been a life long resident of New Mexico,( yes it is in the US....just barely) I have been hunting for 5 years, since i helped my grandpa on a ranch he managed. Since then I have been elk and deer hunting, but mostly predator, and varmit. I am moving to southern colorado for an associates degree in gunsmithing, after that im going to cu or csu, whichever one has NROTC, on a scholorship, and joining the Marine Corps. My hunting buddies are going to West Point and Air Force Academy respectivly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

This has got to be the largest/longest thread I have ever seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I haven't been on this site since before it moved, glad I checked it out again, life gets busy!
I'm the Daddy of four great kids, Daughter 12, Son 9, Son 5, Daughter 2, and thats aplenty! Married for over 14 years, and around for 39. I've hunted since I was a kid with my Dad, and shooting predators on an oportunity basis back on the farm. My nickname is Lito, got the handle "littletoes" from an old cowboy who has long since past, he was a good man. I love to hunt, spend time with my family, and shoot long range. I handload, mostly to keep up with my shooting habits, and try to make some factory guns shoot better. Not very good at either!

Hello everyone my name is Asa Garand(yes.....my great great uncle was John Garand who invented the M-1). I am 17 , live in rural Ohio and hunt/fish all the time. Bowhunting deer and rabbits and other small game with my recurve is my favorite thing in the world, but I also hunt about anything else that moves. I'm just now gtting into this predator stuff. I started hunting when I was 13, and started bowhunting deer last year and killed my first deer with my recurve, a little doe from about 30 yards. Happiest day of my life! I am one day going to be a Wildlife Biologist of sorts. I like playing music(bass, sax) when I'm not hunting and frisbee golf lol. This site has given me such a wealth of knowledge about guns and predators. -ag
p.s. sorry bout the long post
p.p.s. I am also into taxidermy and have mounted a squirrel a pheasant a duck and a mink

Last edited:
Hello
My name is Blake. I'm 39. lived in Utah my whole life. I'm a Registered Nurse and work at the County Jail for the last 8 years. I got to see Iraq the first time we were there in 1990 with Army National Gaurd Hosp I was in. In my second marriage for nearly 2 years. Ive got 8 children 2 boys I adopted with my first wife. Current wife came with 4 of her own 2 boys and 2 girls. Then came a set of twins one of each. Kids range between 17 yrs and 10 months old. In the process of finishing my basement, it just will not get done fast enough. I love firearms. I really like to hunt, dont have as much time as I would like but will take what I can get. I am really quite new to the game. No success yet with calling coyotes. Ive done fairly well bugeling elk in the past.

Last edited:
Hello All
First time poster here. I reside in NC and am looking forward to trying out my new FoxPro 416 LR that I procured from OkieDog. It has been quite a few yrs since I have predator hunted but am looking forward to rekildling the flame. I enjoy bench shooting immensely and collecting guns as well. I am employed by the FAA as an EE. Anywho, I just wanted to stop in and say Hi and to let everyone know it's good to be here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I'm 33 years old and have been married for 5 years and don't have any kids. I am a jack of all trades but have mastered the computer, printer, copy machine repair trade for the last 11 years. I am just a good ole boy from the hills of southern Indiana that enjoys anything that has to do with the outdoors and find my biggest hobbies are hunting, fishing and buying, selling & shooting guns as well as tinkering with 4x4's. I have been hunting for the last 27 years enjoying deer, squirrel, turkey,coyote and fox hunting. I have been thinking abouit trying my aim out on some duck hunting soon. I also enjoy boating, camping and crawling around places in my 4x4 that others cannot go.

Harley

Back