Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Hi,My name is Ron Peregrim and I live in Cedar Park Texas,I have been here for a year now and I am still trying to find a place to hunt ANYTHING where you don't have to give up one of your newborns to do it,I have been married for 29 years and have two grown up kids,My son is 27 and has muscular Dystrophy, he used to hunt with me when he was younger but can not get around good enough anymore to do it now.I also have a daughter that is 25 and lives in Long Island New York but is moving to Texas in a couple months,I guess she hates the cold weather in New York.:) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom Acklin from milford Utah married for seven years. To a wife you would all love she let's me go when ever where ever. Have one boy 5 and one girl 3. boy is gitting some cammo for christmas so he can start going out and KILLING some DOG'S with me. I work at a feed mill here in town Grave yard shift. so I go out most mornings. Served four years in U.S. Navy and came home to stay.

I'll try this. I'm 58 yrs old, married for thirty, two sons, one daughter, 5 grandkids, a great dog, one cat, 9 cows, one bull,(all red angus, I like beef) and some chickens. All on a small ranch in NW Montana, except for the kids. I make furniture and do home inspections (self-employed). Been hunting ever since I can remember, killed a nice buck 44 years in a row and then quit to spend my hunting time on varmints and predators. I really enjoy telling and listening to hunting tales. My hero is Davy Crockett, now there was a man's man. A tough one he was. He was an independent thinker, a quality that seems to be lacking today. Don't waste time with TV, but do enjoy reading my Bible. I also have enjoyed reading the posts on this site. There are some great (and hilarious) guys here. This is enough for now.

Hey Greg, welcome to PM.I see you are in NW Montana. Does that mean you are gonna try to join us in Alberta next year for a PM hunt? Some of the members from montana made it up this year. It was great fun.

Married 32 years this October to the same understanding woman. I am 55 years young, my major accomplishment in life was to help create and raise three wonderful children. I have been interested in guns and hunting forever and have mainly hunted upland game until a few years ago when I became obsessed with predator hunting. I also enjoy fishing, bicycling, camping,reading, golf and just about anything invlolved with the great outdoors. I am a college graduate and my career has been in manufacturing and business. I would like to make a career change to law enforcement but realize it is probably too late for me. I like to think of myself as being a Democrat although I embrace many conservative views especially in the areas of gun control, abortion & taxes. I support the troops in Iraq and thank them for their sacrifices but I am against that war and wars in general. I have had a good life so far and hope to be around for awhile.

Redfrog- I may be interested in the hunt next season. Need some details. Was going to go out early this morning a try to get some video of a coyote or two, but one of my cows decided to have a calf so I stayed home. Best laid plans of mice and men! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

51 yowm. From central Iowa. Fire/medic grunt, 4yr's-5mo's until retirement(OH YAH!). Been spot/stalking dogs since I was 10, with my Dad & his buddies. Using greyhounds & trailhounds. Now their all old, so I've been lone-wolfing it for quiet a while.

Well me hearties, I be roundin' the 56 year marker an still got o' bit a wind in me sails. I gots a wifelet, a son, me trusty wiener dog & a feline critter. I been a licensed sea captain by by trade fer just about me whole life and now I be turnin' inta a bit of a landlubber. Me wife says "get a shore job" so I been tryin ta make an honest livin' ashore.

About four years ago, I got involved with a local southern California predator hunting club and I have been hopelessly addicted to coyote hunting ever since. I've been president of the club for the last two years and I'm proud to be associated with such a great bunch of guys. I eat, drink and dream about whacking dogs. I'm always in the garage experimenting with or attempting to invent some gadget that will bring in the dogs to my ambush.

I enjoy this board and would love to host a giant BBQ so I could meet all of you guys and swap lies. There are some very good hunters, shooters and generally talented people here. In addition to some really funny guys. Predator Masters seems to lure the type of guys that I can most identify with. It is a pleasure to be here in this electronic arena of ideas and personalities.

Well, I've been a member here for about four months now and I am really enjoying all the great information and discussions.

My name is Dan Fite, I live in Truckee Ca. I work for a Homeowner's association in a 6,000+ lot subdivision as a Compliance Inspector in the Architectural Standards Office. I am 62, married 40 yrs this year, and have three grown boys who are all hunters and fishermen. My biggest thrill hunting was when I called in two Coyotes that were hauling tail in the opposite direction. They almost fell down getting turned around when I blew the wounded rabbit rag on my Randy Anderson trumpet. It really impressed my #2 son. He thinks I actually know what I'm doing!

My background is 17 years in Law Enforcement and 17 years in Security Administration before retiring to Truckee where I became the Town's Code Enforcement Officer before I got hired away by the Homeowners Assoc.

I am an avid outdoors person and can be found golfing, hunting, or fishing (not necessarily in that order) when not at work spending more time than I should on this board. In two more years I'll be hard to find at all!

Back in the 70s I was a competition pistol shooter and I had a firearms blueing and plating business that I ran on the side for about six years. I was also the armor and range master at the Santa Cruz CA PD back in those days.

I really enjoy seeing what's new on this site each and every day.

Truckeedan

Hey guys my name is Joe. I'm a single 32 yr old with a golden retreiver and cat. I have just gotten back into hunting in the last year.I suffered a neck injury about seven years ago that makes it hard to hold a rifle steady now a days. Got sick of feeling pity for myself and have decided to hunt everything I can. I'm going coyote hunting for the first time this sat. I know that many here don't hunt at this time but they and the black bears have started to take a big chunck out of our deer pop. and went after the neihbors calves last year. Since the anti's have screwed up our bear hunt the landowners want the coyotes thinned out before the anti's start protecting them to. Thanks for all of the help you guys give.

I've been a member for a while now, but somehow missed this until now. First let me say how great it is to be among some great guys. From reading these short bios I've been really impressed with the cut of the guys posting.

Ok, a little about me. I'm WM 64 years old. Retired Firefighter with over 35 yrs in the fire service. For many years my time was spent in training, including as a guest instructor at the Texas A&M Fire School.

I'm fourth generation born in Texas. My gr-gr-grandfather came to Texas in 1838 acquiring land from the Republic of Texas. Up until me all have been farmers. I love farming, but you can't make much of a living anymore.

I've hunted all my life. My dad taught me to shoot and instilled in me his gun ehtics. It's never been about trophys with me, I'm just happy to be out there and if I shoot something, it's a bonus.

I'm married (no2.) 3 kids and 7 grans. The youngest are twin red-headed boys. I had to ask my son where they came from, no other readheads in our family. My grans call me Papa (like Hemmingway).

I'm a Mason, Past Master of my Lodge, member of the Scottish Rite, and have served as District Deputy Grand Master. If your not a mason, you're not impressed with my titles. If you are mason, you're still not impressed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am an American! Zealously proud of my country and and a supporter of our Constitution. I'll kick, claw, bite, and hit you with anything I can grab if you try to take away my guns. I hate a theif, a pervert, and other form of abuser.

For 35 yrs my goal was to fight fires and save lives. Now, I'm just happy to be alive. For the first time in my life I do things for me. My wife finally talked me into this frame of mind. I guess she got tired of me moping around, since I was too old and wore out to fight fires.

Nuff said. May God bless each of you and give you peace.

Hey everyone!

I'm 38 years old and have been married for three years. I have three great kids.
Was born and raised on the Miramichi River in New Brunswick, Canada. I was taught to cast a fly rod and shoot a rifle before I could walk. Pretty much fished, hunted, trapped, and guided all my life. Although the last several years I've guided full time.
I've done a lot over the years. Competed in IPSC, F-Class, and Benchrest. Was fortunate to have experienced the first F-Class Worlds in Ottawa.
Owned my first bow when I was seventeen and loved it. Other things drew me away from the sport. Taken me 20 years to rediscover bowhunting again. Not turning back this time.
Enjoy hunting predators during the winter months cause I have lots of time to put into it before starting work in the spring.
Guess that's all for now.

Guess I might as well introduce myself. I'm just enetering middle age (30) and am loving it. I have a great wife, who understands my addition to firearms, usually,, and 3 great kids. I live to hunt waterfowl, but have gotten bitten by the predator bug in the last couple of years. Man is this fun. Anyway, I currently use a Savage 12 bvvs in 22-250 that rocks. My reloads average around 3850 fps and will group within .4" @ 200yds when I'm really on my game. Here in NW Ohio, we have a lot of fox and coyotes and almost all the groundhogs you can stand, if your willing to drve. I recently purchased a 204 and can't wait to test it out on some g'dogs this summer. This site has loads of info.

Hello all my Name is Joe or Joey depending on how good you know me. I am 34 years old with three kids. I have been married for almost 11 years and am blessed with a wife that lets me hunt during hunting season and fish the rest of the time. AND I EMPHASIZE LETS ME. There is no doubt she controls our house. My kids are 16 (son), 9 (daughter), 8 (son). I run a Mechanical contracting Business and a Gun shop so I stay familiar with the industry. I served our country in the Navy and the Coast Guard leaving to pursue other interests. I live in the Austin Tx area just outside a smaller town named Leander.

Hi, my name is Pat Riese and I from central Kansas. I am 19 yrs. old and currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Bioloy at Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS. I love to hunt and fish (when time and money permits), however my hunting budget has reduced itself since I started paying for school. I've been calling coyotes for 3 yrs. now and love it! I also recently took up bowhunting and will probably never go back to hunting deer with a rifle. I hope to one day work as a game warden or a wildlife biologist after I get my degree.

Rino99- Can I relate to you!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

my name is Byron and im 20 from saskatchewan. i live to hunt any thing. deer and ducks in the fall coyotes in the winter antlers in the spring and gopher in the summer. my fall this year looks to be very busey but come november im going to looking for a big whitetail. this is a cool place to hang and learn about predators.

KS Dog Caller....You need to hook up with my cousin when he gets back from deployment. He is from Kansas and will be slaying the coyotes around Fort Riley. He is on this board under the name Doghelmet.

Hello. I'm Cal Sibley, an American who's retired and living in Canada. Most of my current shooting is at the range. However, with 17 rifles and loving to reload it keeps me pretty busy as well as poor. We have a Giant Schnauzer, Franklin, whom we love dearly. My four children are grown and scattered all across North America. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Back