Tell Us A Little About Yourself

hey all, names Rob im 21 years old. grew up in virginia in a navy family, and moved to utah after my dad retired. been shooting here and there back home but i came out here and it opened up a new world. lots of shooters and places to shoot. big into bow hunting and trying to get into predator hunting. just enlisted in the united states navy as a hospital corpsman and joining the family business. hope to get a few more months of calling and hunting in before i leave. any other newbies out there in the slc area that want to get together and try to figure this out just give me a yell. been loving this site up since i found it. lots of good advice and tons of great people. thanks a lot guys

Hello everyone.

I'm Chad, I'm 22 (will be 23 in Nov), just graduated college a couple months ago, currently unemployed cause I'm still looking for a job that I want.

Thanks to having a father who has been a hunter and shooter all his life, I got started into the shooting sports at an early age. I started shooting rimfires and squirrel hunting when I was 5, then moved up to centerfires and deer hunting when I was 7. I just got into predator hunting earlier this year, mainly because seeing a fox or yote used to be quite rare around here. In the last couple years though, seeing yotes has become common and people's cats and dogs have been mysteriously disappearing, so I figured I might as well thin out the yote population and have something to hunt when other seasons aren't in.

HELLO,MY NAME IS JOEY JUST JOINED THE CLUB TODAY I'M LIKING ALL THAT I SEE. I'M 29 YEARS OLD DIVORCED HAVE TWO BUETIFUL GIRLS 5&7 YEARS OF AGE GRADUATEDIN 94 WENT TO WORK ON CATTLE RANCH IN SOUTH CENTRAL NM 12000 ACRES OF DEEDED CHOICE HUNTING GROUNDS SEEN LOTS OF TROPHY QUALITY ANIMALS AND EVEN KILLED A FEW QUIT THE RANCH IN NOV 98 AND WENT TO WORK CONSTRUCTION I'M CURRENTLY MAINT. FOREMAN ON LARGE PORTABLE CRUSHER NEAR ROSWELL [UFO] NM.I'VE JUST RECENTLY MOVED BACK TO ANOTHER RANCH AND ECXITED OF THE UPCOMING HUNTING SEASON'SSSS. I'M EXPEIRENCING GREAT JOY'S OUT OF FILMING WILDLIFE I THINK I'VE FOUND A NEW HOBBY

Chad Sullivan here, and i'm 31 years old, and as of Sep 10th, have 5 beautiful girls. I sale lumber at the present time, but have just recently applied for the Springfield Fire Department. Hope to change jobs in the spring. I have a very loving and understanding wife, and my family means the world to me! I'm a christian first a foremost, and love to hunt. My favorite is spring turkey, but predator hunting is moving up the list in a hurry!

I am 33 years old and as the name implies have a savage 22-250 for predator hunting. I love to hunt and fish. I primarly hunt birds/predators in the fall but will occasionally do big game. I have lived in Colorado all my life, I am now in Colorado Springs. I have been married for 11 years and have 2 boys (4 and 1), my oldest is ready to go hunting.

Well, since damn near everyone else has replied, I geuss I will.

Name's Curt. 25 years old and live in Flagstaff, Arizona. Extremely underpaid Corrections Officer who never has time to hunt anymore. Married with one daughter and one on the way.
The name BuckFever was given to me by my father. First deer hunt I went on at about 12 years old, I did more for the lead miners than for the hunt. The story told I used around 20 rounds and didn't hit a thing.

I am 56, a native of Tennessee (bumpy part), slightly crippled, and crazy. After 22 years, 2 months 28 days I retired from military life and returned home after thirty-eight states, eighteen countries and five wars. I have been married to the same lady for thirty years, and we have three children.

My eldest, daughter, is a veteran of Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq and is currently in law school. My oldest son is a minister in Texas. My youngest is one year from completing his degree in computer science and will receive his commission in the Army next year. My kids are all good shots and the youngest goes by the name of “Belt-fed”.

Though my life was six years in the Marines and sixteen in the Army, I remain a Marine at heart. I thought my first love was fly fishing, but I have been lured to varmint hunting with a passion. I hate modern hunting techniques, game calls that don’t work, and the associated television merchandising that goes with it. However, if it gets our potato chip generation outside, more power to it.

Shooting? I have been shooting something since the 50s. I have been reloading for a long time, shot in competitions for a while (service rifle) and did qualify as a sniper in the Marines (about a century ago it seems). I don’t believe in experts in anything. I have learned that if you claim to be an expert, God will show you that your not. Always willing to learn and be surprised in life.

Things I love the most - Rivers and Forest

Things I hate the most - Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden and John Kerry

Current haven’t done that yet – call in a bobcat.

My name is Kevin Garceau,
just turned 30 years old and will be getting married in a few weeks to Carol. She didnt even eat much red meat when we met, and the last few seasons she has enjoyed Rifle hunting with me and has harvested a couple nice animals. This fall she will begin coming into the woods bowhunting with me but will be observing and enjoying the beautifull wisconsin fall weather. I have hunted since I could walk, BB gun at an early age and there wasnt a chipmunk around from that point on.

I am a Psychiatric Supervisor for the state of Wisconsin and run several housing units of the states most violent sexual predators. On top of that I am in charge of the Psychopaths of that group....real fun!

I also drag race around the country and am having a new Top Dragster built as I type. I finance with with poker playing, yes seriously I do.

I am farily new to calling of predators only been a year or so but we hunt them all winter long with drives and such and are pretty successful. Although the yotes are a bit more tricky to get going the direction you want them to, the Fox onthe other hand are dumb and scared and run across the first open field then can. If you shoot and miss you owe a pitcher of beer after the hunt....its a good time and always looking for more friends to hunt with.

Hello everyone

My name is phillip I am 31, married one child he is eleven. I enjoy the outdoors more now than I have in the past ten years. when I was fourteen I lost a close family member. And never hunted or fished again till last summer so I am a little out of practice.

I grew up on a grain and livestock farm in the Panhandle of Nebr. untill I went into the army. After getting discharged took advantige of the GL bill. Worked for the rural electric coops in Nebr. Colo.Wyo. and N. Dakota. as an office mgr. and general manager from which I retired seven years ago. At 69 years still married to the same good old gal for 47 Years. Three kids now growen, three grand kids ,will be a great grand this comming Dec. The NRD has planted trees and bushes for one mile long a grain feild that I have. Should have some fair bird hunting this year but I need to get out and shoot some yots to improve the bird hunting. I,ll hunt deer ,varmints,upland birds this year but I have not hunted elk and prong horn for a few years. I still enjoy a trip to Cabelas a pick a new firearm now and then.

I am Jimmy Walz 54 years old disabled Viet Nam vet married 6 years wife #3 I have hunted all my life and am now wanting to hunt the hunter since I saw 2 yotes take a fawn but I havent the foggiest idea on how to find em or call em thats why I joined this forum is to learn all I can. Thanks for having me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I am Tony Tebbe. I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with my wife, 3 daughters and son. I am 36 yrs old and have hunted my whole life.

I've been hunting coyotes for over 20 years. I used to run the with dogs, as I had 22 hounds and greyhounds. I call every weekend from October thru March and enjoy an annual coyote calling trip, with my brother from Texas, in Idaho.

I self hunt for elk in Colorado, every 3 years or so, and have taken four 5x5 bulls out of for trips. All have been self hunts on public land. On one elk hunt, I called and shot 13 coyotes in 3 days. Much more exciting than the elk hunt.

I own TT Custom Predator Calls and specialize in Antler and Horn calls.

My favorite posts are Hand Calls and Predator Hunting.

Thats me...

My name is Jamie Shepard. I was born and raised in Wyoming, a state I hope to never leave. I am 26, engaged to an overly understanding lady. We have been together for 9 years and have a 10 year old son.(I know the math doesn't ad up)I recently took a lease operating job for an oil company which will drastically increase the amount of time I have to beat the bush. I have been attempting to call yotes since high school. I finally called in my first coyote 2 years ago, and have been totally addicted since. My friends tell me I am the luckiest shot alive, and I would have to agree. I have taken 3 yotes over 450 yards( 450,500,607-just last saturday), and a fox running at 300 yards. I like the challenged of the long shots. Which is weird because when it comes to big game I am all about bow hunting. I have taken 2 mule deer and an elk with the bow. A coyote with a bow to me would be a true trophy. During the warmer months fly fishing consumes most of my time along with boating with the family. I have only been a member of PM for about a week now but I would have to say it is the next best thing to being in the field. From what I have seen so far the advise you can recieve on any given subject is as different and diverse as PM's members. I hope to get to know all of you alot better, and as long as no one gets tired of me you can bet I'll be hanging around here alot in the future.

Hello : My name is Rick Thomas I am 61 yrs. old ,I am retired from a job almost everyone would like to have . I was a Texas State Game Warden for 36 1/2 yrs and loved every minute of it and wouldn't have retired but the State had a buy out and I couldn't afford to turn it down .
I am married wife #3 but she is great and has hunted with me in the past but doesn't dwell on it , we have 4 children between us , her two daughters and they live here and my two sons live in San Antonio, Texas. We have 5 grandchildren 2 girls and 3 boys and they keep me busy of course.
I have hunted varmints for most of my career (coyotes and Bobcats ) used record players, Electronic calls , and mouth calls and still prefer mouthcalls of various make's and sounds.In the early 70's I was lucky enough to get to meet Johnny Stewart and visit with him but did not get to hunt with him , got (rained out) and it never rains in south Texas. I now live in Corsicana, Texas and try to varmint hunt a lot during the winter months and hope to go more in the coming years.
I hunt with an AR 15 (DPMS), Sako 22-250 with a Shilen Bbl. Shilen Barrel Company is just 20 miles from where I live and I have had this Rifle since 1970 and had to have it rebarreled in 1989.
I also have two Rem.700's one in 2506 and 260, also Pre.64 Win. mdl .70 in a 257 Rob., and a 30-06.. I use Leopolds on all my Rifles.
I handload for all of the above calibers and have handloaded since 1967 when I became a Game Warden .I do shoot some Factory loads in my AR and have used the White Box ammo from Walmart and really like it a lot and also Black Hills Ammo shoots really good also .
I have always wanted to go Prairie Dog shooting and finally got to go this past Summer in South Dakota. I had a blast and sure plan on going again next year when I go to Sturgus, during Bike week.
My wife and I also have a Harley Davidson Trike which we purchased in Aug of this year and really do like riding it . I also have been known to play Golf when I was with someone or by myself.
This is a great web site and it's really full of great information , Jason and his crew do an Outstanding job with it . thank You.
Rick Thomas "Navarro"

Hello all,
Im Brian Dunn,39,married ,2 beutiful daughters.
I live in Huron S.Dakota.I work as a fulltime FF/EMT,and do drywall work on the side.
Love to hunt n fish.2nd year callin in those wiley yotes.Born n raised here so have shot a few geese n pheasants.:)A fellow FF got me started on these yotes last year.The baaastard.lolIm hooked now.Bought a new foxpro 532 yesterday.Maybe see some of u out n about.
Great site!!
Brian

Men,
I’m David Puthoff (German for “Turkey Farmer”) from a small town in the flattest part of Ohio called Minster, Pop. 3200. I live on a farm 3 miles out of town; my great X 6 grandfather settled in the German Catholic town in 1832 and my family has been around here since. In the past election Ohio was the important state with the electoral votes, the county I live in and all of the surrounding counties voted 70+% Bush, Woo Hoooo, we actually made a difference. In 1986 I joined the Navy and volunteered for Submarines, 4 years on board a fast attack Submarine made me realize how much I loved home. I married a local girl that I wasn’t related to who’s name is Anne in 1989, and she truly is a part of my soul. We have 7 children, Rob 13.5, Katie 10.5, Alissa 9, Ben 7, Lucas 4.5, Margaret 2.5, and our next one is due before Thanksgiving. Everyone is excited about the new baby being the tie breaker; currently we have 3 boys and 3 girls. I’m hoping picking up hunting and spending more time on the Predator Masters bulletin board will slow the baby making down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif , nah, we’ll continue accepting children lovingly from God. I am a conservative practicing Catholic and thank god every day for the wonderful life he has given me. My wife and I are self employed, I own a company installing telephone systems and computer networks and my wife is a partner at a local bridal shop.
Guns have always been a part of my life; we always plinked in the back yard, field, woods and creek. I have collected mostly military style guns, AR, MAKs, SKS, FN FAL, Shotguns, Etc… I saw the gun grabbers trying to gobble them up, I explained them as “investments” to my wife and she bought it. I have shot varmints and coyote more out of necessity then a sport but the thought of thinning the coyote herd is very appealing to me. Soon I will be picking up a Savage or NEF in the .204 Ruger and I’m hoping to make it into a tack driver. I’ll soon pick up a caller and all of the needed gear to go “Coyote Calling” with my son.
I have truly enjoyed stumbling upon this site a week or so ago, it’s a lot of fun reading about all of the stuff you guys do for fun, it’s a hoot. In closing, peace to all of you great Americans, we need more great men like the ones who type on these hallowed pages. America is number one because each of us is free to do as we wish, openly and without recourse. Armed neighbors make respectful neighbors.

Peace to all and may God’s will be done.
David

Back