Tell Us A Little About Yourself

I'm 24yr.s old single (and loving it) been varmint hunting for about 3yr.s now and can't get enough of it. I was born and raised in Big Spring, Tx. which is where I still live. I work at the refinery here in Big Spring as an Inspector been inspecting for about 3yr.s now and enjoy it quite a bit. I also enjoy hunting deer,turkey, hogs, well just about anything I can legally hunt. Also like chasing that 2 legged deer around.

Name is Matt age 20. Finishing up school to be an electrician. Started hunting with my dad as long as I can remember. From out in middle of no where. Was lucky growning up could there was good hunting and fishing with in walking distance of my house. Got hooked. Started call predator 4-5 yrs ago. Got tired of calling in bobcats and coyotes turkey hunting so started going after them. Once you get one your hooked.

My name is Terry Foust and I'm from the city of Dixon in north-central Illinois. I'm 29 years old and am currently finishing up my Animal Sciences/Pre-veterinary degree at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. I have become addicted to coyote and fox calling and must say that the feeling of being hunted is a rush I don't believe I will ever get over!

I enjoy fishing, hunting pheasants, racing mountain-bikes, and enjoying the outdoors in general.

I hope to be accepted to the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in the fall of 2005 where I will join my girlfriend in learning to become a large animal veterinarian. Keep your fingers crossed for me on that one though everybody!

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their generosity of sharing their knowledge and experiences with me. The help is invaluable! I'll try to share some pictures with you all in the near future.

Take care,
Terry E. Foust (a.k.a.-DarkNight)

OK guys and gals...

I'm not actually new to the board, I actually registered a while back (Like a year ago). But I just started posting recently.

My name is Wes, I have a BS in Biology (that's right, a BS degree). Work for a large pork slaughter facility in the OK panhandle. I manage the water treatment facility, all environmental complience issues, and a chemistry lab.

I also am a veteran of the Gulf War (1st one), and a part time fire fighter.

I am married and have four kids (B 14, G 11, G 7, and G6), who bug me incessantly about taking them hunting. I did start taking them with me one at a time and am thinking that all the hunting gear I am going to have to buy them is going to cost me as much as college /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As my name says, yote tracker,i chase em down by tracking in the snow.I am 44 years old on the 23rd of this month.I have been fox and coyote hunting this way since i was 20 years old.I am married with 4 children,finally they are teenagers and up!I live in ottawa county michigan.we usually only hunt a ten or fifteen mile radius from Zeeland,michigan.last year we had 42 coyotes and 8 or 9 fox.In the earlier years of learning this hunting method we would average 60 -70 red fox a season.Then the yotes moved in,last year was our best with them...i hope we can hit that number again this season!I do attempt calling these critters from time to time,but the tracker in me always takes over!no patience!this site is my home away from home!m.a.plaggemars

Hi,my name is Duane,I,m from n.e.wi.I'm 39 married to afine lady 4yrs. been together for 8.I've 5 girls less 1,4yr.old I lost in 1989 to pedophile who strangled her,I'll never forget her in no matter what I do.My wife has 3girls & 2boys& together we have a son who suprised us about 2yrs. ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've been trapping,hunting,fishing all my life thanks to my dad&uncle.Trapping is my passion, huntingis my life&fishing is my addiction.I love bow hunting whitetails,Ikilled my 1st. P&Y in 96, scored 138,shot afew other nice ones to.I mainly trap fox &coyote with avengance since1983, and trapped lot a beaver under ice,also do damage control, I'm a certified wi. state trapper ed. inst.I've been calling coyotes since 1991 and love it,its irony in motion, nothing like calling in akiller with murder on its mind and turning the tables on a dime.I worked on a fox ranch for 8 yrs. breeding fox A-I and put up fur by the 100's each yr. In summer I chase muskies for a thrill, biggest one to date is 44 in.I'm a volunteer fierman,belong on our search and rescue and water rescue teamsfor the last 11yrs.Just got on line a few weeks ago,it' been a God send to be able to talk with people while I take care of my 19mo. old son .I work nites.During the day we watch randy anderson new video calling coyotes 2 he just loves that coyote song in the begining.I've had him on my trapline with everyday since he was3mos. M girls have tagged along since they were old enough to talk.I think I've yammered on long enough.Never give up-die game! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wow, Duane... I'm very sorry to hear about your child!! My prayers go out to you and your family!!

You are obviously a very strong man!! I do hope the f****r was caught and killed!! It's very unfortunate that we are unable to deal with these scumbags on our own!!

Age 26, White Caucasion, 6'3 230 lbs, name is Isaiah. blood type and social number, JK. LOL

I am Isaiah, I've been around hunting since I was very very young. Shot my first gun at at 5, been hunting ever since. Big passion is archery hunting. Started out with 20 lb recurve then a 35 lb long bow. Got my first Fred bear compound bow at age 12 55 lbs, bought a Martin bow at age 16 70 lbs(still have it) I primarly archery hunt early season for elk and deer. Then move on to rifle in October. I hunt rabbits, pheasants, little waterfowl, and my new love is predators. Still below archery hunting for elk/deer though.
I've been married 6 years this August and have a 17 month old son. I get out whenever I can and can't wait to pass on the tradition to my son (son's in the future) I work as a IT/Computer Tech for Dell Computer Inc. That's why the outdoors is that much more important to me, computer screens cloud the mind!
Take it easy and I love this board. Only got 99 pages left to read in the Predator section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Robert,God,family & friends helps aperson get through that without going insane,unfortunatly we all dont live in texas, but God does,and one day he's got adate with him,until then,unfortunatly he gets to sit.(And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me,it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck,and he were cast into the sea.Mark9:42.)

Greetings. First post here for me. Figured it was a good place to start.

My name is Kevin. I live in Western, Pa. 30 y/o. I have been hunting since I was 12, been tagging along as long as I can remember.
Fairly new to Predator hunting, got a few foxes, no coyotes yet!

I work full time as in Air Emergency Medicine. Volunterr Firefighter for 17 years, State Fire Academy Instructor. Member States Urban Search and Rescue Team.

Single, but dating the most amazing woman alive. She doesn't hunt, but loves deer meat and likes shooting with me...

Hope I can learn a lot from all of you guys.

My name is Chad. I only joined PM about a month ago, it's such an awesome site.

I'm soon to be 32 years old. I've been married for 8 yrs, have 3 kids 10g 8 b 5g. They all like to tag along in the woods here in Michigan. I'm a Journey man Tool & Die maker, I build plastic injection molds.

I started hunting at 12 with a friend (no one in my family hunted) have been hooked since. I started varmit and predator hunting 2 yrs ago, no success with predators yet. Most people in my area seem to drive whole blocks with groups of people, I want to call one in. I also hunt deer alot, small game, and waterfowl. Don't forget turkey. My wife starts to get upset this time of the year since I've been hunting as much as time will allow since September. I can't complain she's great.

Hello to all!

My name is Randy Pyle, I'm 39, married with two kids, boy 10, daughter 14 :eek: . My wife (of 15yrs) works at the Christian school my kids attend. My son is getting into hunting and fishing in-between racking up high scores on the Nintendo and my daughter thinks it's all gross while asking me why I didn't shoot 'that one', haha..

I first started hunting in my teens with some buddies. Took a few years break in my 20's but got back into really hard! I've fished all my life and been blessed to have some really nice private places to fish-one of which I finally caught that elusive 10 pounder last summer. I have a bass boat that hardly gets used since I mostly fish private ponds, haha!

I decided to seriously pursue coyotes this year which of course means I haven't seen one since! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I bought an evil black rifle for the job-well and if the 'you know what' ever hits the 'rotary oscillating device'...

I AM a proud member of the 'Vast Right Wing Conspiracy' that Hillary Rotten Clinton raves about! AND a NATIVE Texan amongst the heathen furriners here in north Dallas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My name is Josh Boley, and I am 22 years old. I have got my college degree in Fire Protection Technology and am currently in Vo-Tech for EMT training. I hope to be a firefighter soon, They don't make a lot of money but it is more than I make right now. That would allow me to spend even more money on guns and hunting accessories. Which ultimately leads to more time in the woods. I love hunting deer, dove, and coyotes. I just recently got into predator hunting. During the summer time I spend my extra time bowfishing and fishing. I love bowhunting, it is such a rush. I am a hard core Republican. I have a girlfriend of 4 1/2 years who I will marry when I get a job as a firefighter. She doesn't mind me hunting(although I think she gets jealous of my guns), but she could not hunt them her self. "Those poor little animals..." yeah you all have heard it.
I am a Christian.
I am 6 foot 3 inches tall.
I weigh 205 pounds.
I wear contacts.
I love King of the Hill.
I think that is about all. Later

I go by the name of Jim Toney. Folks divorced when I was but a wee little lad Dad was an alci) even though I lived with my mom, my dad and I spent a lot of time together hunting, fishing, shooting, etc.

Mom married another alci (she was a bartender) he was a good guy but a drunk and a drug addict. I know that doesn't make much sense.

I quit school and got GED my Sophmore year and joined the Coast Guard during what should have been my Junior year.

I got married in June of what would have been my Senior year. We have been married for fifteen yeares this coming June.

1 wife, 3 kids and one on the way, a couple dogs and a few cats running around.

Equipment operator, tower climber, hydraulic apprentice, Real Estate investor, I do what it takes to get buy.

I am a Christian
I am a man of integrity
I am a better than average shot.
I would kill (or die) if need be for my family
I trap, hunt, fish, shoot, photo
I freelance write (most of my articles have been printed in Fur Fish Game) AW

My name is Jody Martinez. I am 33 and have lived in Leadville all my life. Went away for a short time to college and returned to god's country.. I used to work for a big ranch, taking care of cattle. Used to team rope quite a bit and in 1992 I became a Police Officer. I am about to finish my twelth year and do enjoy my job. I have a 9 year old daughter and two step sons who are 14. They both rodeo quite a bit and one won $23,000 this year team ropin. This is my first year Yote hunting. A new friend of mine moved here from Kansas and gave me the pill.. Now I am addicted. I used to ski a lot this time of year but haven't been out once since I started hunting Yotes. All my time now is spent chasin the dogs. Want to thank my father (my hero) for teaching me how to hunt and how to enjoy the outdoors.Great site thanks for letting me share!

Name is Bryan Speed, got bit again, by the firearms, clays, and now hunting bug.
It started last Christmas when my Wife "celebrated" our 25 years of Marriege, by buying me a Marlin 880SQ .22 When were got married, on our first christmas, she bought me a Savage .22wmr, even though we were dirt poor.
I told her I could make money by hunting Foxes, and getting 35 dollars per pelt. Well, I went hunting called up one fox, a mangy looking gray, who never got closer than 500 yard or so.
I did not even know I had called it up, I only saw it run away after I gave up and walked about 100 yards from the brush pile I was in.

We lived in the Western Ky. area, Calvert City and Paducah. Before that I was in Pensacola Fl.

I am looking forward to doing some "real" hunting, getting all "geared up" with clothing, etc. Got my maps and books on the public texas areas, and may get to do some limited amount on a guys private ranch. I have alwyas been interested in Varmints, Predators, Hogs and Turkeys. for some reason I never got buck fever for Deer. I guess because you have to know how to dress a Deer, or you have wasted a beautiful animal. Also love rabbits and Squirells, and will try the Lake Ray Roberts WMA for them, open all year.

I have a Handi-Rifle in 45-70 "whomper-stomper" for Hog, a CZ.223 on order, for them Yotes, and 3 shotguns, 11-87 in 12 ga, and a nice older Win 1500xtr in 20 guage, that I really love. and the "required" home defense shotgun -
a Mossberg 500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and of course my 2 .22's.

I am an engineer in my early 40's now and hail from Central Minnesota, near the Mille Lacs lake area but spend the week in Saint Paul making money to support my hunting and fishing habits.
I still have a place "up north" where I get back to the real world every chance I can which is still not enough.
I used to trap when I was a teen and into my 20's and did some calling back then too. I have called in coyotes and red fox. My friend who still lives up north in God's country was given an electronic call for Christmas and is getting into this and he has called in a bobcat and a red fox this winter. It sparked so many old memories that I just have to get into it again. I found my old "CritrCall", have a .17 Rem 700 on order and am thinking about even buying the FoxPro since I love to hunt snow geese too. I came across this site a few weeks ago and have been addicted ever since. Just reading these posts brings back fond memories of the past. A lot of old names pop up on this site. Does anybody know if the "old" guy's like Major Boddicker, Gerry Blair, Dennis Kirk, and the trappers like Craig O'Gorman, Tom Krause are still in the "news"? I see Eddie Wimberley has made "celebrity" status in his video, I used to use his High Plains Plow trapping grapple in the early eighty's. How about Glen Sterling of the Sterling trap? Best coyote trap ever made if you could afford it.
Yep, reading these posts really brings back memories of the past. It would be great if the old fur prices would come back wouldn't it?
Its good to be here.

My name is Kolin Korsi. I am 29 years old, and am a bartender. I love to hunt everything, but my real passions are deer hunting, and predator hunting. I live in NE Iowa, and have the best deer hunting in the world right out my back door. We are a little short on coyotes, but I still manage to call a few in every year.I am married to a beautiful woman named Shannon, and we have 2 great kids; a boy(4) and a girl(1). Shannon isnt into hunting, so it gives me some time to clear my head. I am a lover of AR rifles, Burris scopes, Bowtech bows and Rocket broadheads. Good luck to all, and more importantly, BE SAFE!!!!!!

IowaYoteMan

My name is Dan Gibson I have 3 childeren Taylor 10 Presley 5 & Gage 6 mounths. I have been married for 11yr. Got interduced to coyote hunting 8 yr. ago by goverment trapper who has given me a border collie decoy dog & several hand made calls.I hunt new Mexico Texas Kansas Oklahoma every chance I get. Have hunted all my life But the last 8 years have been the best

Back