Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Im not new but for some reason I never did leave a post here. So....Here we go!

My name is Brent I have three Ya three kids! One boy and two girls. I work as a maint supervisor and PLC programer for pepsi cola. Been there for 10 years now. I go a little guiding for turkeys, and build custom turkey calls and some elk, deer, and predator calls now and then.I pro staff for Woodswise Calmasters and Realtree. I bowhunt alot, fish ( salt and fresh water) Do some camping and PREDATOR hunt alot. Predator hunt both day and night, work alot of nightshifts so do alot of my calling in the days. I started writing some articles in the last year and am still trying to get that down to an art.(Dont know if its got to happen!) Spend my spare time doing turkey calling contest. And building calls! :eek:

My name is Corey Wiesel, I am 22 years old, gonna
be 23 next month. I love hunting, trapping, and
I like to fish too. I help my dad out in his
taxidermy shop, Terry's taxidermy. I have been
hunting since I was 12 and have been going after
predators for 3 or 4 years now. I think this site
is great, I love reading the stories and giving/
getting tips and advice on predator hunting.

Hey all! New member here! Great site, and some great folks hanging out here, also.
My name is Gene, and I'm 46. Been married to a great gal for 22 years, have two kids that are grown and gone. I'm a country boy through and through! Grew up in farm country in a little bitty community in north central PA. I've done a bunch of hunting, fishing, and varmint thinning over the years, but slowed down a lot when my kids became teenagers and I needed to supply a little more green to keep up with demands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I just a month ago started back into the fox hunting after giving it up for 20 years or so. Looking forward to those cold nights out in the dark again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey guys, Derek here, im 19 years old, and a 2nd year Criminal Justice student, emphasizing in Law Enforcemnt bachelors. Hope to be just a plain old police officer some day. Right now I go to Lake Superior State University, but am transfering to Grand Valley State University next semester. My actual home is right around the Kalamazoo area. Did I mention that I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif :rolleyes: like to hunt?

Im 33 years old Im married have 1 girl and 1 more due in January, I work for the post office I dont post vary often like to just read all the posts. Im in my 5th season of coyote hunting got off to a slow start my 1st year and a half the last year went really well. Im pretty much addicted have given up my other hobbies and really hate the summer now, cant wait til Sunday morning.

My name is Kenny and I live in Grand Prairie Texas. Grew up in Abilene, then moved to East Texas when I was a high schooler. Been hunting since I was 8 , now I am 32 , I think. I work for Union Pacific railroad as a operation manager, and unfortunatly it takes up way to much of my time. I have a lease in Cisco and have gotten intersested in pred hunting again. When I was a kid , I can remember duct taping flashlights to my single shot 12 guage and hand calling for coyotes in the Trinity river bottoms. I kind of would like to get back to those days.

Hay i'm shawn suter, i'm 30. I'm a Gulf War Vet. Moved down from northen mn to the twin cites to be with the little women. So if any of you guys are around here need a hunting partner give me a buzz. Been hunting varmits since dad taught me how to shoot. I must be doing somthing wrong cause i don't have as much luck as alot of you. still learning, any pointers?

I'm John Garrett, 43, and live in the country about 15 miles south of Lampasas TX. Born and raised in Midland. Currently I manage parking structures at a major university in Austin. Married to a great gal for 18 yrs, have 2 boys (10 and 5). Love to hunt dove, quail, deer (when the freezer get's bare), and varmints. Shoot a sweet 16 for birds, 22 hornet and 6mm Rem for everything else. Am big into reloading for the above. Enjoy reading all the great tips on this forum. Thanks for all the great info.

My name is Greg, I live in Spring Lake,Mi. I'll be turning 44 at the end of this month. I'm single. My Dad started me fishing when I was 3, and hunting when I was 8. Love anything to do with the outdoors. Really love to hunt anything that has to be "called", but this predator hunting has gotten to be an obsession! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

About me....My name is Ric and I grew up in Central IL but spent the last 3 years in MI where I worked for General Motors. I got transfered to Indianapolis (Allison Transmission) about 18 months ago and I really like it. I am also a part time police officer so I tend to stay busy. I am 36 years old and I have a 15 year old son who is pretty awesome. I recently met an awesome girl who's name is Shannon and things are going well....but they always do at first!!lol I have been hunting coyotes for about 7 years but just recently really started calling. Jerry White has been helping me with my calling techniques but I haven't had any luck yet. I have learned a great deal from this sight and I hope to attend a hunt or two with everyone. My rifles are currently a Weatherby 22-250, Remington custom .243AI, and a Sig-STR tactical .308. Well I guess that's enough about me for now.

I want to keep this post going so here goes. My name is Bob and am 60 and retired. Been calling yotes for 30yrs. It's like some cancers, you can't shake off the disease lol. Raised 3 kids 1 woman that raised me. Still haven't grown up. Shot rockchucks in central Or. for over 30yrs. Probably killed over 2000 chucks. Hunted prairie dogs in Montana on 3 different trips. My wife and I ride a H D scooter around the country. Only thing we do together. She doesn't hunt. I drove a linen truck for 29yrs. Teamster job. This thread is a GREAT source of information. Never liked computors till I found this site. Got to go so I can check out some new posts. Bob

Hey folks as you might have guessed my name is dave and I'm 52 going on 18.I'm born and raised here in Arizona,and love the outdoors as most of you do also.I used to trap a lot in the 70's when fur prices were high and it was still legal to trap here in arizona(thanks bunny huggers)I've been married to a great lady for 25 years we never had any kids she said she was too busy raising me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .I just started up predator calling and so far I've had some pretty good luck calling in as I was fortunate to call in a fox,coyote & bobcat into 1 setup at the same time.My neighbor & I also are into fishing bigtime,we both have lots of catfish over 50# from bartlett lake in the photo album,his brotherinlaw caught the 2nd biggest in state history 68 1/2#,his name is don paul its in the big fish of arizona book.Also lots of big brown trout, have caught 3 8 1/2# browns from reservation and chevelon lakes.I've really been blessed in all the good lord has allowed me to experience in my life and I always try to give some back by helping someone else experience the same thrills the outdoors has given me.God bless you all and I am hoping to meet some of you in Globe at the predator hunt.take care daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK, I'm 47 years old. Lived in South Dakota for the first 23 and in Albany,Oregon for the last 24. Been married to the same understanding wife for 28 years. Have two kids that are 28 and 24. Work at a papermill which is good wages but the best coyote calling in Oregon is definitely on the East side(known as God's Country to me.) Unfortunately I live on the West side. Usually take a couple of weeks in the Fall to go over there. Endless public land with good coyote numbers. This year I made 215 calls, called 84 coyotes killing 52. Always carry two guns out on my calls, Remington SP-10 gauge loaded with #4 Buck and a Remington 700 in 22-250. Pretty well use all electonic calls now. Johnny Stewart and a Kirk caller.Used only hand calls the first 7 years I hunted them. Hearing loss from various things have caused me to go to the electronics. Just ordered the Loudmouth after reading the reviews on it but I'm way back on the backorder list I am sure. Well I best shut up. My lovely wife says I can talk constantly about hunting and of course she is right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kirk, I live in Gillham, Arkansas, used to live in New mexico, and have spent some time just south of Abilene. I am 32, married, work for Weyerhaeuser, as an instrument technician, and love to spend every moment outside.
I hunt deer, crows, rabbits, Coyotes, fox, bobcats, Hogs (we have tons of hogs here ) and pretty much anything else.

My choice gun for most things besides deer is a Ruger M77 all weather in .223. For deer I really like the .270. or a 3.5" 12 gauge. Most all the land around here is owned by Weyerhaeuser, and it is pine timber, pine plantations/thickets, and clear cuts.

Besides hunting, I ride a 2003 HD wide glide, and a stable full of Honda 4 wheelers.

Hey grassy We have feral swine here in Oregon and I want to go gun 'em down. The state wildlife commision wants them all killed off. They are a pest. Do you think a 243 is enough to kill them before they get me? Never hunted hogs before. It might be a break in the yote hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif How do you hunt them, calling or spot and stalk? Let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My name is Todd Perkins. From Virginia. 6'3" @ 254lbs. Im 15. Turn 16 Sunday , the 28th. Just started predator hunting. Stay in the outdoors just about. Deer and turkey when whenever the season's open. Make my own turkey calls. I just started trying to make predator calls but cant get them to work. I play football at left offensive tackle. I lift weights four days a week. I fish often, most of it being flyfishing. I like to tie flies also. Do some bird watching when I find time.

Todd

About me;
New member to this site,(hello everyone), - looks fantastic!
Real name, Samantha. Im a taxidermist here in Australia. Any excuse to go hunting and im there. Im married, have 2 kids under 7 that love hunting also,(some say a bit TOO much :rolleyes: ),and have a couple of dogs we use to pull down the hogs, if i'm not shooting.Like to do a bit of 'ferreting' with shotties instead of nets.
Favorite weapon is the 30;06, though i used the 22;250 for many yrs. Live on the coast, so fishing is a must also.

O.K. My real name,most of the time is Lucas. I'm 30. Have 2 kids, 1 girl @ 6, 1 boy @ 3. I married into a 35,000 acre hell hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Its not that bad. My wife and I have a 450 mother cow operation. We still do everything horseback. We don't own 1 atv. I enjoy hunting and more hunting when I can get tore away from the ranch.

I would have to say I live for bow hunting! My wife enjoys hunting with me, sometimes. My daughter Riata lives for it same as me. She called in her first coyote this year, not old enough to shoot, but old enough to make some niose through a call. My son is a mamma's boy but he's starting to come around.

Back