Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Guess I'll step up to the plate.

I'm 30yrs old, fished and hunted for as long as I can remember (thanks Dad, I owe you one for that), married with two kids (6 mths, 3yrs). Can't wait until they are old enough to come with. Until about two years ago I've mostly pursued fish, elk and deer. My buddy CLOS changed that with a praire dog shoot and a couple of times out calling for yotes. Last year gave archery a try and (hope the wife isn't listening) got hooked as well. So....between hunting big game, varmits, upland birds, fish varmits, working on my classic cars(68 camaro, 61 & 69 4x SWB pickups, and newly aquired 72 4x Jimmy), I am also an avid Broncos fan and now realize why the wife is always mad at me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Also trying my hand at training a black lab that hopefully will be a good bird dog and longtime hunting companion.
Happy to be a part of such a friendly and informative borad!

Wow Pikefisher, life around your place sure sounds rough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifWelcome to PM

Thanks, Redfrog, for bringing this one Back To Top. It appears to be the site's all-time highest post-count topic.

From what I read in the archives, AZWill not only started this thread, he founded this community and this website, and has since passed on. Seems AZWill passed on quite a legacy here. Let's keep his thread going. Pardon me if I'm reading between the lines some, since I came along relatively recently and only after AZWill was already gone, but I gather he thought if we all got to know more about the other guy (walk a mile in his moccassins, so to speak) we might have a more productive and smooooother dialog. Only sorry I didn't get to know the man personally.

I've been posting so much lately, my life reads like an open book, or a soap, or a dramedy: 43 yr old bachelor, pro wildlife photographer/ humor writer/ astronomical observatory caretaker. Into capturing a mountain lion image on film in the worst way. 22 yrs clean and sober 12-step member who's still in denial about his big-time big cat issues...

LionHo

Good time as any for my first post. My handle is the first question people ask me .. 360Guy .. All-around Guy ... Name is Guy
I mainly hunt waterfoul in the winter but I still need something to do when the season closes. Just got into reloading centerfire. I might have a few questions so any of you reloading gurus bear with me. Live in Salt Lake City and love to shoot p-dogs. I sell cars at a chevy dealership. 42 years old ... overweight, smoke too much, drink too much, married, two kids. Spent quite a few years importing and exporting exotic wood. hope to meet a few of you guys.

Hello. I'm 29. Originally from Stephenville, TX. Went to college at Abilene Christian where I met my beautiful wife, then after graduation moved out here to Midland where I am a database administrator and accountant for an independent oil and gas company. I have 2 awesome daughters (3 year-old & 7 month-old).

Been a hunter ever since I can remember, mainly deer and dove. Grew up messing with calling and doing some night predator hunting, but just recently got back into it, in a big way. In fact I'd say I'm addicted. With everyone's help here and hopefully lots more practice, I plan to get much better.

I enjoy the knowledge here at this site. You guys keep up the good work.

God bless,

Joel Hughes

Hi,
name is Tom Mitchell and I'm 55. Got a lady who hunts and shoots with me, and a 19 year old son who also hunts and shoots. Into bowhunting deer, blackpowder deer, pheasants and partridge, ducks, geese, rabbits, squirrels, and of course, preditors and varmints. Weapons list includes a custom AR15, Marlin 882ss .22 mag, Franchi 612 12 gauge semi-auto, Knight .50 cal blackpowder, Walther P-22 and Beretta Neos pistols, and a Browning Prism compound bow.

Just getting into preditors and varmints so this forum is a great resource. Trapped, hunted, and fished since I was 6, so I do have a bit of critter knowledge.

Work as a print technician 4 nights a week, so I have time to hunt. Also make and sell custom cork waterfowl decoys.

Great forum and a great bunch of guys! Thanks!

new to the forum, still trying to figure this thing out.
i am 52 years old , single with one son age 12, if you think thats surprising how do you think i felt last year when i found out.

been hunting all my life, started at age one throwing clods at grasshoppers, boy were those the cheap days of ammunition, even then i was a reloader. a little water mixed with dirt and add a day of sunshine and you have clods.
i have lived in most places i have seem mentioned here. i have spent a lot of time in colorodo, new mexico, texas(el paso),arizona and utah. i even spent a little time with doc howard in las cruces nm. served my stint with adc and married a gal who went to slippery rock.

by the way wiley (steve huber)are you still havint trouble hitting running coyotes?

Well I'm 6'1.5", Blonde hair, blue eyed 215 pounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, 34 years old, married, no children yet. Built a new house in the country, have a shooting range on the property and a bench on my back deck that overlooks the pasture. I like to eat, hunt, drink beer and good scotch, smoke a cigar, Arturo Fuente, Punch are my favorites. Blasted a Coyote while smoking a Partagas with my 300 Win Mag last year while sitting on my Dad's tractor, took the shot off hand 120 yards.
Favorite rifle, Winchester M70's
Favorite shotguns, Brownings
Favorite handguns, Colt
I love to fish as well, black bass, hybrids and Giant High fin Blue cats are my favorite in freshwater.
Nickname, Gator
PM name, Iron Pony
Politcal affiliation, Republican
Favorite Lake, FORK, you just don't know what lurks down there.
Favorite Creek, Barton Creek in Austin
Favorite Bass boat, Ranger, I hear they still build them one at a time?
Favorite Bass reel, SHIMANO
ROD, G-LOOMIS
Favortie sports, College Football, College Basketball and Texas High School Football. Go CHAP's.

Greetings from Central NY state; the name is John, im 41, live just north of Syracuse. I work tech support for a great software company also located in Syracuse. Two daughters 18 & 14, one son 12. I spend time with them weeding out some of the liberal nonsence infesting our public schools. After I got separated about 12 years ago now, a friend of mine re-introduced me to being outdoors, hunting & fishing. Nature literally saved my @ss. I hunt mainly southernteer NY, shotgun only for deer zone.

I own a M88 smoothbore, trusty ol' 12 guage with a spare rib-vent I use for Turkey. Since southernteer NY is shotgun only for deer this unforgiving scattergun has been an invaluable tool.
I own a Marlin 25mn 22wmr, I love this rimfire. It is responsible for finding the avid squirrel hunter within me. I hunt other small game with it as well. When I need a little stress relief or just feel like plinkin' its great. This is also the rifle I've used to help teach my kids about safety and shooting.
I recently bought a brand new Remington 700 VLS in .243 - sweet rifle. Looking forward to some northern zone time with this puppie.

I enjoy calling game, especially turkeys. I'm a little new to calling / hunting varmints, but a new hunting challenge is always a good thing.

To good shooting!

Thanks guys, I hope you like what you see and decide to stick around. Maybe even buy some raffle tickets, if'n you ain't skeered to get up close and personal with a Canadian bear.
360 guy, welcome and fire away with those reloading questions. That "Fire away" is just an expression, you understand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif the reloading forum is always smoking and that ain't from a reloading error. :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20 years old living in Hanoi, Vietnam, as a Marine Security Guard. I use to hunt anything that was legal. I also use to trap, though I wasn't very good and fish when I had time. I use this forum and the few other good ones to stay in touch with the outdoors. Not married and no kids, and none planned. Working on my college degree in history. After that one is done I am going to start working on a psychology degree. I plan to start calling and hunting predators a lot more once I return home. This is a great site and I stop by and look around a lot. Keep up the good work guys have a good one and talk to you all later.
-Adam Cpl USMC

Originally posted by Robert Dutton:
[qb]i dotn suppose the 18yr old daughter of u is lookin for a date now is she? lol[/qb]
She said to tell you .. "My Dad has a shovel and a big back yard, nobody will miss you."

Hello,
Names Terry, am 54yrs. old, married 25yrs. to the lovliest woman in the world.She doesn't hunt, but she understands. Have 3 sons, 24, 22, and 17, 2 daughters,20 and 14.Am a nebraskan by birth and darned proud of it. Live in Kansas now, because that is where the wife is from. The boys and I hunt anything we can when we can. I finally got serious about coyote calling a year ago the boys are into it also. Shoot a .220 swift for coyotes, and a 25.06 for deer. Really enjoy the site.
Dogcaller,

My names Ryan Browning. Ijust found this sight and joined to night. Bought a call and have been hooke since first yote came in. Alot of dogs here in north central indiana now (cant wait for nov. to get here.)

Ive been married for 4yrs next month, two step children and one wild three year old boy of my own who thinks shooting prarie dog is the greatest thing on earth.

i'm 30 and in the ag-fertilizer bus. so it provides me with some good huntin oppertunities. Well enough about me.

Well here goes. My name is James Hood. Born and raised in west central Texas. Just turned 50, can`t tell any difference from 30. I am in the ranching and outfitting business. Raise registered Charolais cattle, wheat and hay. Own and operate Big COuntry Outfitters. Guided hunts for white-tail, mule deer, hogs, Turkeys and predators. Varmint hunt about 70 days a year, and have been since the late 60`s. Have a Masters Degree in Wildlife Mgmt. and was fortunate enough to have a Manufacurers represenative job for a major animal health co untill I took early retirement 5 years ago. Allowed me to meet most of the major landowners in Texas mainly south and west. Great oportunity to pick up hunting country while makeing way more money than I was worth.

Cat Whacker, I checked out your website yesterday cause I was looking for a mule deer hunt....I didn't know your name, but I was wondering if that was you since Bronte isn't that big!

Anyway, here is me:

I turned 25 yesterday. Started hunting when I was 6. Have been hooked ever since. I hunt and fish.....but more hunting. I graduated from Abilene Christian University where I played baseball and met my wife. I have been married for almost a year and it is wonderful. I sell commercial insurance for a brokerage called Arthur J. Gallagher. My wife and I are fixin to move into a house in Cypress, Texas (outside Houston). I have been calling for several years, with hand calls, but it is only once or twice a year.............this year will be different!!!! I have hunted everything but geese and phesant in Texas. With deer hunting being my #1 passion. Predators are #2, but a strong #2! I am also a Christian (lastly, but certainly not leastly!!!).

I am really enjoying this site.....it is killing my work production!

Hey CatWacker, need an employee? Well, a little about me, huh. I'm 37, have 4 great kids, and an amazing, beutiful wife, who lets me hunt, a lot! Grew up breaking horses with my dad, started construction when I was 12. Most of my family is in Texas, lived in Levelland as a kid. That was a long time ago. I lived in most of the western states as a small kid, as my dad traveled around following the Horse racing circuit. Construction payed better, but sure wasn't more fun, so now I am a steamfitter/asbestos supervisor/inspector, gas fitter, blah, blah, blah. Anything that has to do with pipe. (Don't want to bore you guys). Am trying to get into 'yote hunting, but, like everything-money&TIME!

Back