Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Here goes nothin
I am from ogden utah hunt primarily coyote.
i have a 7 year old son that loves to go calling with dad.

hi my name darrell leafgreen from south of moline il town called Rio. work as a escalator assembler for KONE in moline for 15yrs. been married 4yrs have 7 kids some steps. just started trying to yote hunt this year none yet. still learning from this great site. any and all help needed. o im 37 for now.

hello my name randy lockhart im 45yrs old married going on 7 years. have two boys 10 and 9.im a millwoker and taxidermist on the side. i like calling coyotes, grayfox and raccoons. ive trapped and called sence the late 60s.its good to be here. hopefully ill learn something new from you folks.

Hi, my name is Scott. I am 43 years old and have been married for about 7 years now. Marriage came late due to the fact that there are not many women walking aroud the timbers where I have spent most of my life. I have 2 children, Maddie 4 and Carson 2. Even though they take up a lot of my time I still find time to hunt.

Been hunting deer and turkeys for many years. Started calling coyotes several years back in an attempt to extend my hunting season. Needless to say I have become addicted.

Most of my week however is spent teaching 6-8 physical education which I have been doing for 20 years now.

Am enjoying meeting all of you and look forward to your continued advice.

Howdy, My name is Michael Fery. Born and raised in the Willamette Valley of Western Oregon. Thirty-one years old and have been hunting since I was a little tyke. Been married almost 6 months now and it's been great. I'm a soil scientist and work with cereal grains and soil fertility.

Started hunting mostly deer on the family farm. Did some trapping in my early years and quit when prices dropped off and turned to just shooting the vermin instead. Opened a whole new arena, critter hunting. Don't really remember why I decided to order some predator calls but did and was extremely lucky my first time out. There were some non-believers in the family who told me I was stupid to spend so much money ($40) on 3 calls but after calling in my first yote to about 10 yards (first time out) opinions changed. Have had some luck afterwards but haven't really put in the time, scouting and door knocking so my hunting has been limited the last few years. Also finished school, did some waterfowl hunting, fishing, and bought a house so much of my time is directed to other areas. I have other hobbies also that take time and money, scuba diving and building a hovercraft. I'm hoping to be able to do more hunting soon as the thrill of having a coyote come in is great.

I could go on and on but that's some high points. Glad to find others who enjoy hunting so much, only wish I would have found the site years ago.

Take it easy and hunt safe.

Michael

Howdy All,
I am new here at PM, my hunting partner told me about this site.
I'm 34 yrs young, have been hunting Coyotes for about 8 yrs now,
I am quickly becoming addicted to reading of other lunatics storys, (yes I think you need to be a little off base to be a pred/hunter, and thats a good thing!) its nice to know I'm not one of few... and see that there really is many of us out there screaming like dog food to the varmin of the world.

I have tried many calling techniques over the years and have found one that you all should try out... it's quite simple really... I take my wife of a decade and a half out to the stands with me, set her downwind about 20 yards out, (its kind of a baiting type situation) and within 20 miutes time, every coyote within a half mile radius runs straight in!!! they are practically begging for me to shoot'em in the head, as to not have to listen to her nag on and on about my wanting to hunt all the time... I'm telling you, this call works!

Good luck all! many calls to ya!

Mav...

G,day! I,m a 34year old . Married with 2 kids one of each. My wife is also a shooter and hopefully my son and daughter will be also.I am a spraypainter by trade and do a bit of weekend work ridding farms(ranches) of rabbits and foxes.Love to get over there to the states one day and do a bit of shooting but for the mean time I,m tied down with the kids and work. Hope to hear from any keen shooters interested in a chat.Good shooting to you all!

My name is Dick Maguire. I live in Northern Illinois, a town called Harvard, about 20 miles east of Rockford. I'm 55, married for 30 years with 3 daughters (The Maguire Sisters), 3 grandchildren. I'm self employed manufacturing trophies, awards, engraving and more for 23 years now. Started hunting on our family farm at 5-6 years old. Took about 20 years off after service but the new son-in-laws got me going again. There isn't much upland game in this area so our focus is deer and coyotes. Coyotes have become my passion for winter recreation in the last few years. I love to fish. Spent about 6 years fishing various tournaments on the MWC walleye circuit. Make at least one trip to Canada a year and a few outings to neighborhood lakes in Wisconsin. Looking forward to retirement so I can enjoy the great outdoors even more. I enjoy PM alot and hope my posts are helpful to all.

Thanks and Good Hunting to All. Be safe, and support the NRA.

im 19 i still live with my parents with my baby and fiancee ive been hunting coyotes since i was 14 and trapping yotes since i was 10 and went with my dad on his line when i was younger ive worked taxidermy until my trainer past away he was my cousin big change in my life after he passed away i graduated highschool last year i am getting trained on being a carpenter and also starting my own taxidermy shop with my 14 year old cousin.

Hello, my name is shane and I am a union millwright. 28 yrs old single, no kids, christian. I am what some would call a gun nut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . I think I have about 20 guns right now. I like any sport that lets me use a weapon I am all for. Plus, these coyotes make deer huntin easy. I am always in the woods when I have time.

Hello fellow PM members. My name is Dick White I live NE CO. I hunt CO. and SW Neb. I am 68 yr old and have raised 1 boy and 2 girls, have 7 grandkids. I lost my wife to cancer Sep 4 1996. The LORD blessed me with a sweetheart in Oct 1999. She has a grown boy & girl and 3 grandkids. I hunted a lot growing up but in the middle of my life I was too busy trying to get rich. I have been in Agriculture all my life. Finally decided I was not going to get rich, so started hunting again in 2000. I shot lots of coyotes before then, but never called one til my friend introduced me to the sport 3 years ago. Now I am completely hooked. I hunt at least 3 times a week from about Oct to Mar In the summer I shoot prairie dogs to stay in practice. There are 2 towns on my property, was 3 but that one was too close to my house. (I could sit on my patio and shoot them) I started team-roping when I was about 46 yrs old, but have slacked up on that the last two years. Enjoy PM especially the pic.

Hi my name's Steve Hugel, and I'm a Med. Lab Tech., USAF Reservist, and i write freelance for some of the gun rags out there. Like Steve Timm, i don't do it for the money- i just like to tell a story with the written word, and if i can touch someone's heart with it, well so much the better. I just got engaged @ 45 y.o., and i can still go hunting as long as i clean up my room, and put up my toys.

I havent paid attention to this thread in quite awhile, so welcome everyone!
Steve Hugel, Ive enjoyed your articles in VH and Trapper.

My name is Mark Creek, I'm from Charleston, TN. I'm 29yrs old. I have been hunting since I was 11, But I just recently got into predator hunting about 2 years ago. I'm Disabled Veteran from the USAF, Where I was a F-16 Crew Chief. I'm on my second marriage for 5 going on 6 years. I have 3 kids 2 boys and 1 girl, ages are 9g, 8b, 5b.

Gentleman, my name is Jim Pouillon and I'm new to the site and to calling. I guess I liked the idea of 1)year-round hunting and 2) a good excuse to go out and buy a whole lot of new centerfires. Im a doctor (podiatrist) in the Navy scheduled to get out this August and finally go back home to Michigan. I'm the first person in my family to go to college and it seems like my whole life has been "learn from the mistakes as you go" My main outdoor activities are running, biking, triathlon but I have always loved the outdoors. You probably won't hear from me too much for a while, I came here to read and learn....sort of a spin off of "no one ever learned anything by talking". I think this is a great website....and I give you guys all the credit for making it a great website. One thing about being in the Navy and living by the ocean....these guys throw back fish big enough to set records back home. I couldn't believe someone could call a 36 inch bass "small".

Originally posted by LONE HOWL:
[qb]I havent paid attention to this thread in quite awhile, so welcome everyone!
Steve Hugel, Ive enjoyed your articles in VH and Trapper.[/qb]
Thks. Lone Howl, I've got one coming up in the next issue of VH mag. entitled, "Become the Predator", that i dedicated to my late coyote hunting partner. It's a little different, i hope you like it.

Good evening all. my name is ron stotts and live in northern calif. not to far from reno, nev. have 3 kids, none at home, and 5 grandkids. married 31 years and going strong. work for an independent auto shop as as electrician and smog tech. hunting yotes for four years now, learning to call better all the time. very few dogs here right now. this time of year they disappear somewhere to den. shoot a remington .22-250 and love the long shots. look forward to shoot with you. good shooting and be safe.

Back