Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Hello to all, I'm L.R. Waldron from Michigan's U.P. I'm a recently retired State Trooper, married to a wonderful Mexican lady who lets me hunt and buy guns to my hearts desire--all most. She also hunts with me on occasion, can't get much better than that.
We have three boys, but no kids at home, except Woody our 1 1/2 yr old German Shorthair.
Love all kinds of hunting and shooting, especially with my Sharps rifles. I've taken moose and caribou in Canada (have the #1 Quebec/Lab. caribou taken with a muzzleloader, Longhunter Society 1993), elk and mule deer in MT and CO, numerous whitetails in MI and a host of smaller criters. I've guided elk hunters on a ranch in CO for the past three years. Got into this varmint hunting about five years ago. Been on this forum for a year now, but I lurk in the shadows, mostly reading, but I can't find a better place to be.

Good "huntin and livin" to all of you.

Hello, fellow PM members. I've been registered for over a month now so I figured I should fill you in on who I really am. My names Lee Smith, I borrowed the name yellerdog from one of our pet's. A 3 year old Australian Red Healer, our only house dog (it's not her real name but it's what I call her). We also have German Shorthair and a mutt. My wife has a few cat's that I'm hoping the coyote's eat eventually. We have rabbits for 4H and ducks for some reason of which I am not sure. I have a wonderful wife of 13 years and 2 daughters whom I am very proud of. I am 39 years old. I own a small Tool & Die business I started in 1990. That keeps me quite busy but I still manage to fit in time for my family and some hunting. Now, I also have to make time for this crazy thing called Predator Masters, can't seem to stay away from it. I have been shooting guns since I was 4 or 5 when my dad would take me with a bb gun and a flashlight and shoot sparrows in the barn at night. Shot my first squirrel with his old single shot 12 ga. at about 9 years old, he said he couldn't see it and handed me the gun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif , it put me on my butt when I shot, but I got that squirrel. I Shot my first deer at 14 hunting all by myself. From then on I began hunting anything we had around that was legal to shoot. Coyotes are relatively new to this area so I have only been hunting them for 3 years. In that time it has become almost an obsession. I have had some success and learned a lot through experience, but I felt I needed more and this site has been just what I was looking for. I thank all of you for sharing your experiences. Hopefully I will be able to share some insight in the future also.

My name is Zach Irvine. I have been on the board for a few months now. I am 25, a predator hunter that works as a Radiologic Technologist. Married to a great woman and have 2 little curtain climbers. Its a busy life but I hunt every chance I get. I probably spend way too much time on Predator Masters! I talk too much and probably post too much but I'm not going to change! Billings Montana is my home and a great place for an outdoorsman to live. If there is something about me you want to know just ask.

Well, I've been stirring the pot for a little while now. It's probably time I introduce myself.

I'm Rick. 39years old, 2 daughters (2 and 9 months). I've been married for 5 years to a great woman. She shoots skeet and sporting clays with me when she can. It's been hard for us to get out to the range together since the kids were born. Up until 2 years ago I shot about 35 sporting clays tournaments a year all over the midwest.

I've been an upland hunter as long as I can remember. I won't hunt deer cause I can't find a dog big enough to retrieve one and if I find one I don't know if I want to force break it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

I've always tried to control the coyote (and other varmint) population when they were a threat to the upland game. Over the last 5 years I've seen less and less birds and more and more coyotes. That's why I've started hunting them specifically. My brother and I have spent more time calling and working on our rifles than bird hunting the last 3 years.

I enjoy shooting my 700 LTR but my true facination is AR-15s. I've bought more then I can remember over the past 10 years or so.

I've got a very sarcastic sense of humor so don't let me ruffle your feathers too much.

Cheers!

Excellent guys, keep them coming. Only a fraction of our members do this so it's nice to see some of you posting a little background.

Welcome to all of you!!!

My name is Dave,and I'm a huntaholic.The Ole man got me started on the stuff when I was 'bout 4.Then Gramps gave me a pelletgun when I was 8.Sharpened my shooting skills on songbirds and red squirrels mostly,then took my first big-game(rabbit)with it when I was 9.Started snarin' rabbits and trappin' muskrats 'bout the same time.By the age of 14 I was hooked on the hardstuff,beavers,coons,coyotes, fox,mink and had graduated to a 12ga.I've lost/quit/fired from more than a few jobs due to my addiction.Some years if I was unemployed in Sept. I wouldn't even look for work fearing it might interfere with deer season.TIP(careful planning and a good seasonal summer job can get you laid-off with benefits in fall).I've finally landed a respectable job at the local brewery(mmmmmbeeer)that allows for alot of hunting due to alot of shiftwork and hope to someday have enuf seniority to book the entire hunting season off for vacation.Not married but have been living as such for 7 years,2 beautiful younguns,3 yr old girl and an infant boy who does a wicked "distressed rabbit".No.1 passion is Whitetails.Started callin' coyotes as a teen in an effort to boost the fur check,now its mainly just a great way to put in that long,cold,white season between deer and trout. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My name is Rob and I am 25 years old. I have been married to a great woman for just over one year now. We have a four month old daughter, Claire. I am an Assistant Vice President of a local bank. Although since I have found this site I probably spend more time on the site than really working.

If I am not at the bank, (or trying to see how many times I can watch the holy trilogy that is Star Wars)I am on the farm. I farm along with my dad and my younger brother. I spend a lot of time on the tractor or combine watching for predators (I've seen some cool stuff) or obsessing about what small caliber firearm to buy next.

I started hunting predators when I was 18 and got hooked. There is just something about waiting to ambush an animal that is stalking YOU. It is such a rush.

Thought that as a youth I might as well sound off...
My name is Craig and I am 17. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico (that IS in the U.S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )and have for all of my life. Was introduced to the outdoors before I could even walk. Used to go sit in grandpa's lap in the boat while he trolled, when he hooked into a fish he would set me on the seat and then land it.
Started tagging along with Uncles when I learned to walk. Before I was 6 I had accompanied three deer hunts, three elk hunts, numerous dove and quail excursions, and a myriad of fishing adventures. Yup, been addicted that long.
Received my hunter education card at the age of 8 (was the youngest person in New Mexico to do that...don't know if I still am). My parents bought me a 20 gauge shotgun for Christmas, and I decided that it was even more fun to get to carry a gun along.
Bought my first big game rifle when I was 9 (Marlin 30-30), suddenly began to realize that I wanted more guns. Long story short, I have now spent every penny I have ever made on rifles or ammunition or camo. Decided that I like hunting better than girls anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .
Began predator hunting when I was 12. Went along with my uncle who ran a trapline, and he showed me that coyotes and other predators will investigate a critter in distress call. Needless to say I was hooked from then on.
Shot my first deer when I was 15. Killed two in two days out in Camdenton County Misourri with the .308 that my grandfather gave me.
Made the mistake of going bowhunting for mulies. Saw more deer in two days then I had ever seen in my life. Shot a nice 3X3 on the third day (15 yard broadside shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ). Now I am hooked on bowhunting.
Started to shoot competitive air rifle in the last couple years. Been pretty serious at that. Had the opportunity to go to the Olympic Training Center outside of Atlanta, Georgia this past summer for the Junior Olympics. Awesome experience.
For, college I plan to either do a split-option program through the National Guard or to attend West Point Military Academy. Figure that I might as well stand up for the rights that my grandfather, uncle, and cousin fought for.
I spend every free hour that I can hunting or fishing. I don't care where or for what, just being out there is what does it for me.
I love this site, and I appreciate all of you listening to me and answering my unending supply of questions.
bwb

My name is Kevin,43 years young, and it's probably obvios by my nick that i like deer hunting. I work as an operator for a petroleum company and have been doing that for about 14 years. I have been married to a very understanding lady for 23 years. I keep telling her I just need 1 more thing for hunting and she always goes along with it. I like reloading, deer and hog hunting,fishing,camping,hiking, and fishing.

My name is Gary Robertson in Layton, Utah. I am new to UBB and am finding that this is where I get answers on how to call for coyotes. Been huntin' deer in Utah for the last 23 years and recently decided to get to some of my roots. As a kid growing up in Salina, Kansas, I frequently called the dogs, but then life happend and eventually ended in Utah. The only weapon I have now is my Remington 721 in 30-06, but hope to get my varmint rifle soon. I want to thank UBB and all moderators for running a class bulletin board.

Hi everyone, been calling since the late 70s mostly in Az. and a little here in Vt. Guys...when there is a discussion on calling respones, eastern and western I can tell you there is a big differance. The West is Best... Im a vermont native and moved to Arizona in 77, spent 21 great years out there hunting and fishing. I got into the tradeshow industry years ago and have a shop here in vt. at my home. I do mainly custom interiors and 2-3 exhibits a year. Just enough to keep me hunting in a few diff. states. Theres nothing like 3-4 yotes loping in on you,it'll sure get ya going... :eek:

Hello
I am a 24 year old born and bred Texan. Thank God
Predator hunting has been a passion since a young age. No deer were i grew up so coyotes suffered for them. Havent stopped since. I am a Paramedic Fire Fighter by trade and a hunter by the grace of God. Been married for 3 years and have two lovely daughters and a very understanding wife. One 4 and the other 10 months. Im new to the forum and have enjoyed every minute. Anyone from around Weatherford Texas give me a shout.

18 yr. old male here. Senior in high school this year. Have loved hunting most of my life, kinda been away from it for a few years but really getting back into it now. I love fishing and above all the great outdoors

My name is Bryan Baldwin I'm 34,been married to the same woman for 13 years have a daughter(10)and a son(8).All of us hunt.I spent 4 years as a Marine(88-92)I'm presently employed as a flooring grader

Hey everybody,
I have been surfing this site for a couple of months now, and I finally decided I would get a little more involved. Well I am from south east NM, and now live in Las Cruces. I am 22 years old and an aspiring wildlife/fisheries biologist. only have about a year left till I graduate. I have been varmit hunting since I can remember. Actually one of my earliest memories is of my first jack rabbit I ever shot while out coyote hunting with my dad. Anyways I am excited to be part of this site, and if anyone lives close and wants to drop me a line, feel free

Jed Murphy

Well
My name is David White Eagle( yep native american)
I am 45 years old married to the same woman for 20 years very happily I may add.I have studied martial arts for 7 years and earned a second dan black belt,I am a mason by trade and have spent most of my winters hunting the predators,I have been hunting for 33 of those 45 years so far I have killed a elk,black bear, fox,coyote and a whole mit full of deer.I love the predator masters Keep it going.....

Hello Everyone, name is AJ Himel, from New Orleans,La. retired Master Sergeant after 24yrs military service being drafted in '70 retired in '94. 2 daughters, 1 son all grown and on thier own. Patty and I still put in 40 hour weeks and looking for retirement in some years. I've gotten a bug about this coyote hunting and have to try it out. Shooting a 22lr and pushing it for all it's worth and then some for the time being and looking for a 22-250 soon. I've also got a .44 Ruger carbine but don't want to make the yot dissapear. I'm going to see how good a caller I can be and try to get them within 50yds or so.
All take care and God Bless ya and America.

I just saw this thread. I posted a brief intro of myself on another board, but I'll add more here. I'm 27, unmarried, no kids and living in Indianapolis. My passions in life are hunting and fishing. I feel work is just something I do to kill time between hunts and support the habit. Waterfowl, deer, turkey, and now predators are my main prey. Smallmouth and walleye are my others. So now for the cautions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif . I'm opinionated and not shy about it. What are my strong opinions? I hate (in every sense of the word): litterers, dumpers, killers (you know what I mean), busters (game laws), poachers, polluters, and anyone who shows open disdain for wildlife and the environment that supports us. Hell even a dog knows not to sh*t where he lives, why do we?

Back