Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Always thought I had responded to this many moons ago, but it appears I'm wrong. (nothin new according to wife)My name is Jim Mechelke, and the butchering of the pronunciation of the last name is where magelk came from. 2 is because there already was one somewhere and the 2 stuck with everywhere. I got interested in predator hunting 2 winters ago and that first year was bad. Last winter I spent so much time working, I hardly had time to go. This year, I feel like I know enough for some success thanks to you guys here. I have a wife, a 6 year old son, and a 5 year old daughter. Can't wait for the kids to be ready to hunt!

Well, I guess it's my turn at the keyboard.
I found this forum just out surfing for "varmint hunters" a few weeks back.
Name is Jim Baxter, and first thing I stumbled over here was onecoyote.
We got a lot in common. Old and Old.
I am 65 retired, same wife for 46 years, (do it right once - class dismissed) two grown sons, neither of which ever showed any interest in the outdoorsy stuff, except racing desert bikes a few years back.
Wife was never one to stay awake more than 12 hours non-stop, but she never objected to my love of the sport.
I have hunted Deer, Antelope, Javalina, dove, quail
and every meat eating critter in the states from Bend, Oregon to the Bay of Los Angeles in Baha and from Orange County to Eastern New Mexico, but mostly South Eastern Calif to Tonopah Nevada.
When California started amputating body parts of those interested in guns and hunting, a lot of my old partners gave it up or moved or just lost interest.
I more or less thru in the towel in 1992 when the last of our rifle ranges in Orange County got bulldozed by "Big Brother"
This is a great forum and a big help to those just getting there socks damp. This kind of information was top secret, to die for stuff when I started.
Great job everyone, keep up the good work.

P.S. My most unusual call (A lug wrench)

Critr Gitr - Hope your not offended with my handle.(CB Radio)
Had it since the mid 60's in the pre cell phone days.

Jeep - I have a neighbor here in Irvine named Nick
Sandovol. You know him ???? He has family in Arizona and Texas.

Originally from Sunnymead, Ca. Where I grew up shooting birds in the back yard with my "Daisy"

Spent 20 years in the Navy as a sonar technician. Moved to Az 7 years ago. Since I could no longer enjoy my passion for deep sea fishing, I had to try something else.

Began learning from several websites, the 1st time I actually called in a yote. Wow, you talk
about getting hooked on a sport.

My job allows me to hunt a couple time a week.
And I take full advantage of that. I've learned so much. This board has definitely been asset to me. It's nice to be around people with the same passion. Good shootin' to all....Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I can't stand for Redfrog to go unheeded!

" stand and deliver "
My name is Jim McGill. I am employed as an insurance claims adjuster, in Oklahoma, and I am questioning my choice of profession with the name " tornado alley", we normally stay busy with wind and hail claims along with the inept-driving population. I am on my second marriage, 6 years with the (H-B), and 10 years with #2 who has been a blessing. 3 children total, with my oldest(14) and youngest(3) living with me both girls, my 12 year old son lives with his mother(H-B) in Waco, and we are expecting sometime around April 5. I started calling when I lived in Waco, My Grandaddy taught me how to lip squeak gave me a rifle and a call and sent me off. I tried a few times with no sucess and went by Johnny Stewart's Game Calls and met Gerald Stewart, He sold me a PC-3 and I have worn it out. The first day out with it I called in a gray fox(I also used a little of grandaddy's lip squeaking). I have been hooked ever since. I play golf in the off season ( I hardly ever play golf below 55 degrees and I rarely call above that), I hate seed ticks and I don't care to see snakes. My buddy and I had a good year last year and got a few kills on video, I hope to bring it to the PM hunt, for a little show and tell, it should be good for a few laughs. I enjoy the uncertainty of hunting for varmints, it is like my golf swing. You never know. later pup

Let's see now.....

Retired goldsmith, 50-years of age. married to the same good woman for 38 years. Woman shoots very well and has the good graces to shoot smaller animals than I do.

Have had the good fortune to have hunted most of the US, Canada and sub-Saharan Africa. What's a vacation, if you can't kill something?

Been writing for firearms/hunting magazines for about 20 years. Unlike a lot of writers, I am not financially driven. I write to share the heritage and what I have learned in a lifetime of shooting.

When folks ask me what I do, I usually answer, "I shoot, I hunt and I write about it." Usually makes the yuppies shut up.

Steve

Hey gang. Name's Matt Jensen, I'm lucky enough to live on the east side of Mesa, AZ. I can walk 300 yds away from my house and start shooting. (Ya gotta love the desert)

I just turned 30, I'm about to celebrate my 8th anniversary, and I've got 4 kids. I'm pretty much new to hunting anything bigger than a breadbox, so this site has been a God-send.

I look forward to meeting all those who can make it to Globe for the hunt this year.

Hey ya'll. I have been on several other boards but only found this one a few days ago, like what I see and just joined yesterday.

My Dad started me rabbit hunting when I was about 7 (needed both thumbs to cock my 410 single shot. The rabbit was usually gone by the time the hammer got pulled back.) Today is my birthday - I am 54 years old and still kind of adventuresome.

Doggonit I just love to hunt - put me in camos or optic orange and get me into a field somewhere and it is like dying and going to heaven. Mainly a wing shooter (quail, ducks, geese, dove, pheasant and turkey), but got into varmint (coyote, bobcat) hunting about two years ago and enjoyed it so much that I just bought my second varmint rifle (Remington 788 in .222) last month. I don't have the local opportunity to do the longrange prairie dog shooting that I have read about but that sounds like it is a hoot too.

I will be on my first antelope hunt this fall and want to go to Alaska in a couple of years (after both the kids get out of college) and then maybe to somewhere exotic (Africa, Russia) for some serious hunting.

Probably should have done this when I first registered, last month. Well, here goes...

My name is Jason Hansen, I live near Salt Lake City, UT. In order to receive a paycheck, I work in corrections (I guess the buzz-word term for it is, "Re-entry Services") I supervise individuals, who don't work well with others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've been shooting, hunting and fishing all my life. I'm 30 years old, been married almost 8 years. I've got one son, who's almost 4, and he can't wait to join me hunting. He's already my fishing buddy.

Hunting waterfowl and upland birds is my true passion. Despite being a hunter for more years than I care to count, I never considered hunting predators all that seriously, until last winter. After trying it once, and even coming away without taking anything, I am hooked. I've already learned a great deal from this site and I'm sure I'll continue to do so.

Thanks guys and welcome aboard! We have some fun here and with all you new guys it only gets better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My name is Lance Adams. I live in Henderson,Nevada. Im 30 yrs. old. I work as an industrial arts tech. for the local school district. Been hunting predators now for about 8 months and love it. Still haven't hit a coyote"hence the name". Hopefully I can become a sucessful predator hunter before my wife throws me out for spending to much time and money on this foolish sport, But god I love her. Lance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess I should have done this awhile back, so here it goes. My name is ken walls, I moved to NV a few years ago to escape all the insanity in
So Cal. I am 42 years young and have been married for 24 years. I have 2 kids my son 17 and daughter 12. I spent 11 years in the U.S. Army. My first tour on tanks my second tour Military Police. I have hunted off and on since I was a kid, and I have been hunting the predators for about 5 years. My entire life rotates around my family and hunting. I just wish I could do this for a living. Im looking forward to learning from all of you and maybe even someone learning alittle from me. This is one of the most exciting sports I have ever done and we are all hooked.
So Good Luck to all, Be safe and Humane.

Ken

hello every body well my name is John Nix I'm 23
I live in central phoenix,still new to the forum
have no kids as of yet getting married april 22,03
I'm marrying a wonderful women she enjoys the outdoor and i enjoy shooting thing we fit perfect.well i work for the state of arizona as a case manger for disabled individuals,i enjoy helping others.I just want to think every one on the forum for all your info on this sport i mean obsession thx again.

Howdy, my name is Bob Weiszmann, and I am 65 years young. Have a wonderful wife (second try), 6 kids and 13 grandkids with one in the oven. I am supposed to be a retired Civil engineer, but I still do consulting, and teach at UCLA Engineering Extension, & I'w plugging away at my doctorate in Adult Education. We have a little piece of heaven in the middle of the North Idaho woods, about 4 miles west of Emida (try to find THAT on your map!) where I spend as much time as possible with the deer, elk, moose, bear, cougar and whatever critters are running around the place. I am new to predator hunting, would like to partner up with somebody from either area, greater LA or Spokane/Coeur d'Alene/Moscow area.

Well folks hear it goes, Im 35 very single and available lad < tell your sisters, daughters etc.>
been making my bills being a Machinist since 1985, Had my journeymans card since 90-91, originally wanted to get into gun work but wonder if its worth the hassle now days so I havent ever persued it very far, other than my own projects.
Wouldnt say Im a Predator Master being I dont think I have ever killed any cept for some wild house cats and some viciuos oppossums.Always wanted to call me something in since the first time I saw that pair of Foxes when I was Deer huntin about 10-12 years ago, and been playin with calls since about then too.I hope I dont ever forget the day them Foxes showed up they were a pretty thing, grays out here usually, reds seems to few and far between.
Dont have many yote's i reckon round here but they are comming, gettin closer every year.Understand they are fun to hunt but really wish they would stay away , hear they cause all sorts of problems for native critters!
We been getting more bobcats lately I noticed also
see more of them killed every year.
Well Its just me and my lemon and white Walker hound here and he is hollerin fer some food !
Oh yeah I live just east of the Big City of Richmond VA actually so close to the international airport that planes dont make enough noise to keep me awake ! But Im on the edge of Country and I like it lol.
Yall have a great day and maybe one day when times aint so tight I will get to meet some of yall and get some huntin time in.
Rick "FAW"

Seems like a pretty good crowd, so I'll throw in with you. My name is Bill Bufford, born and raised as an Ozark Hillbilly in Arkansas. I am a Research Chemical Engineer by profession. Married with two small children, one boy and one girl. After a short stint in Tennessee I am now living about 20 minutes northeast of Little Rock.

I have too many hobbies and not near enough time or money to support them. I really enjoy shooting, hunting (varmints mostly), fly fishing, reading, and restoring motorcycles/cars. I recently joined this board because I am a budding predator hunter. No luck yet, but I purchased a CZ 527 in .223 and topped it with a 3-12X40 earlier this year and am going nuts wanting to try it out.

Back