Tell Us A Little About Yourself

I'm new here so I thought I should introduce myself. My name's David and I'm from Tempe Arizona. My dad lives in Casa Grande and him and I go hunting down that way about every other weekend. We've just recently started calling coyotes, but haven't had much luck yet.
Glad to be here!

-David

My name is Mike Katz and I noticed another Mike Catts. I farm for a guy north of a little town called Ingalls, KS and not much to do so I thought I would take up coyote hunting. 39 yrs old, married a lady who already had 2 kids, I have one boy who is 15 months old and one who will arrive Feb. 27 or so. I really like the openess of the bb and hope nothing screws it up.

Greetings:

My name is James Nykiel and I live with my girlfriend Linda and our two Quaker parrots (no kids!) - we have been together for the last two years and we originally met while we both were living in Brockton Massachusetts at the time.

Spent three years in the U.S Army as an Infantryman (11B)and Mechanized Infantryman (11M) from 1984-1987 and was stationed at Ft. Hood Texas with the 1st Cav (Bravo 1/5 & Alpha 1/8).

Have worked primarily in the computer field as both a Windows NT and UNIX Systems Administrator.

I am Shooting a Remington 700 22-250 with a Leopold Vari-X III 6.5-20x40mm scope which I also reload for and my girlfriend Linda shoots a Ruger 10/22.

Love the outdoors and everything to do with it such as hunting, shooting, fly fishing, hiking, and camping.

Also looking to meet and or speak with individuals in the Redmond Oregon area who share similar interests.

Later...

[This message has been edited by voci-nykiel (edited 02-21-2002).]

The name's David. I'll be 34 in a couple of days, married for almost 13 years to a woman who doesn't hunt but likes to shoot. 8 yr old daughter into shooting now, and 2yr old son who is already a gun nut. U.S. Navy 86-99. Got on with the Federal Bureau of Prisons, then the Navy decided to recall me for 12-24months. Haven't had a chance to hunt coyotes for a few years but hopefully that will change. Anyone in the DFW area needing a partner give me a shout. Shoot a Winchester 70 Sporter Varmint in 22-250.

------------------
Freedom is never free. Payments come due in every generation.

It look's to me that I have found the place to be,A lot of good information here.
My Name Is Mike, I live in Eastern Oregon Blue Mnts, I have small Ranch in the Timber and canyon's.
I served in the US Army,They put me through College, Met my Wife, We married we have two Children, Daughter 9 Son 16.
I work as a Building Trades Journeyman in the commercial havc industry.
I spend my time Hunting/Shooting, and when im not doing that im Floating my Driftboat for Steelhead and Salmon in the Eastern Or River's and Idaho.
I look forward to all of you and you're post.
Thankyou for the great reading
Mike

My name is Bruce A.; and I'm from Fleetwood PA, although I grew up nearby in a little town of Oley. I'm 33... graduated HS in 86 -- I just knew that I'd waste my parents $$$ if'n I went to college; joined the USN... Got out in '92 started dating and then married the girl of my dreams in '97... Honeymooned in the Caymans, 9 mos later my 1st son was born... 3 years later our 2nd boy was born (wow! he's a year old - time flys!)... I've been hunting since I was 12, with some time off due to my military service.
ERSCHIESSEN is German for 'to shoot'... I've been blessed (depends who you ask, some may think it's a curse!) to grow up in a heavy Pennsylvania Dutch area, and in a Dutchy home, hence the Deutsch...

I am sure glad to have found this message board, I'm sort of starting out Coyote hunting, and have learned a great deal...
If I could only get my stiff-necked brother to listen to me!!!!

Thanks to everyone that has posted, you've made me a better predator hunter...

smile.gif

God Bless you all...
Bruce >

Hi all. Be lurking for a while just thought I'd introduce myself. I grew up and still live in the Pittsburgh PA area. Married 24 years to an understanding woman. She has to be understandingto put up with my addiction to hunting and fishing and the toys that go with them. I have 2 daughters 21 and 17. They aren't hunters but they can shoot X's all day. Now that they're a little older I have more free time for my addictions. I whacked a coyote the last day of PA deer season. Got me thinking I might enjoy this predator hunting. This board has already been a huge help. I'll be trying to call em in next weekend with my RS cheapy caller. I'll let you know how it turns out.

------------------
Doug

AZCaller
PasturePup
voci-nykiel
TX50cal
Predator Ambusher
erschiessen
DougPA

...Welcome to the site folks.
Please keep your hands and feet in at all times. Please remain seated until the topic ends. And most importantly feeding the moderators is strictly forbidden.

Welcome again
wink.gif
...enjoy

------------------
~River Runner~

Champion Tannery
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Im new, and introduced myself awhile back, but I will add details. I am 27, enjoy the outdoors. I mostly fish, also trap and will hunt anything that I can when I can. Developing an extreme passion for the shotgun sports, as is my wife of 4 years ,(9 years together) almost high school sweets. I handload everything that my tools propel. I use a 280 remington and 12 gauge lyman slugs for deer ( live on shotgun/rifle border) a .223 remington for the stuff of interest to this fine collection of individuals, and I can't honestly tell you how many shotguns I own without looking. I also rabbit hunt/ plink with a single six ruger pistole, and an old remington model 581 bolt gun for squirrels and gophers. As for a profession, I work as a laborer on natural gas distribution and I go all over in the warm months, so my frequent posts will slack off right here shortly. 14 - 18 hours/day 6-7 days a week, but I get about a two month vacation in the winter, that is what led me here. I have only killed a few yotes, foxes but Im learning how to get em. Thanks

My name is Frank Yesterday was my first visit to the board. I am 36 years old and have an incredible wife. We have been blessed with a daughter. I call her my miracle daughter. I say that because the doctors told us that my wife had less than a 10% chance of getting pregnant. Well as soon as we "gave up" and started looking in to adoption my wife gets pregnant. I have done a lot of bird hunting as well as Deer. I have shot many prairie dogs, but have yet to get a coyote. I have only tried once. I am still learning the art of calling

Well Frank, you've come to the right place. We have lots of teachers, lots of students, and TONS of advice (not to mention tons of fun). Pull up a stump and enjoy the company. p.s. - cool last name. Bet you have a lot of fun with it.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by NASA (edited 02-08-2002).]

Hey all! My name is Bruce Daniell and I live in Mattoon,Il. Been married for 23 years. I work as the Quality Assurance Coordinator at Blaw-Knox Ingersoll-Rand. We make asphalt pavers that everybody likes to cuss at for causing traffic jams in the summer during road construction season. Been hunting varmints forever. Started with bean field groundhogs and ground squirrels and been calling predators for 20 years or so. Not many groundhogs left around here but plenty of yotes. Love to hunt them grey squirrels when they are cuttin'hickory nuts too! Fried squirrel,fried taters and biscuits and gravy Mmm Mmm. Wonder what the po' folks is eatin.

Hi all, my name is Jim Graham. I got the handle Doc in the Army, I was a combat medic in Nam 69-70, then did the Storm in 90/91. I work in medicine now, not a doctor, I am a radiology technologist. Do all that looking into the body stuff. I have a wife and 3 kids, 23,13,10, and one grandson,5. Hunted all my life, moved alot due to my dads work so I've lived from Tennessee to Michigan,to South Dakota to California, now back home in Tennessee. I have been interested in predator hunting for a while, just never got started. This PM site has got me going though. I am putting together the bare necessaties to start. There is so much good information on this site that even a dud like me should be able to eventually kill a coyote. I sure have gotten a lot of free advice and hope I can contribute something back one day.

My name is Monte Hack. I;m 36 years old married 3 years but been together 11. We have 1 girl thats 9 years old who loves to shoot & fish just like her parents! I swing a hammer for a living and am going to college for computer networking at this present time.I love to hunt any time any where. My specialty is, but not limeted to Archery Hunting for Elk. I love all hunting!!
My second favorite pastime is building 4x4s.

Welcome guys!

Doc, let me first say thanks. I've been in need of a corpman before and owe you guys a lot! My father was a Navy Corpman in WW2, Kwajalien, Anewetok, Tarawa, Okinawa and a few other nondescript hellholes in the South Pacific.

Monte, sounds like you got a good thing going there. My daughter used to cry at the sight of a dead grasshopper, now at 18 she's out whacking doves and coyotes in South Texas while going to college.

Welcome guys!

------------------
Bob
fdfa3b5b.gif

Hi,
My name is Doug Harral and I live in NE Oregon. I'm 36 years old and have been married for 12 years now. I love to hunt elk, deer, bears, cougars, varmints, etc. I've been bow hunting for elk and deer for about 9 or 10 years now. I used to be a auto technician and a truck driver, but I'm going to college for computer networking and computer repair. I still rifle hunt for big game now and then, but I've mostly been bow hunting for elk and deer.

Doug

------------------
Dang that coyote's fast, but not fast enough!

Bob/SoCal,
You are welcome and thanks back to you. I'm only here cause good men took good care of me when I was being a target.
Where in Socal? I spent a few years in Torrance,Inglewood,Holly PArk,Hawthorne,Gardena. Kinda South LA county.

Back