Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Welcome, Cal. I guess this board is as close to hunting as you can get, without actually going out!

(edit for photo)
------------------
Critr

fea6c171.jpg.orig.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

[This message has been edited by Critr Gitr (edited 01-27-2002).]

Just another new guy saying hello
Im from Southern Idaho Nice to meet all of you. I hope to learn alot from everyone here

------------------
Mike S
LM NAHC
RMEF

I guess I should belly up to the bar. My name is Tim Moore. I'm 37 and I started calling and trapping coyotes about 25 or 26 yrs ago with my oldest brother. Been married 13 yrs. and have a 10yr. old son who is with me on every stand. I also have a 5yr. old daughter who is about to start going also. Took a 6yr. leave from callin do to a job I had but got priorities strait and now am home every night. A good friend got me back at it 4yrs ago and I have never looked back. Find myself remembering things I should do and should'nt still, but then a man never stops learnin or should'nt. Got two good callin partners my son and DesertRam and pretty soon my daughter. Poor DR. Anyway thats me in a nut shell. Have said more on this post than I have at work for the last 2 yrs. I now work for NASA and am a devoted family man and hunter.
TNT

Well, I am 34 years old, I am married, and have one 5 year old son.
I used to coyote hunt alot, but haven't done much of it for a few years. Me and my old yote buddy are getting back into it now.
I love to shoot pretty much any kind of gun and I "try" to hunt basically anything.
I "live" on www.tndeer.com but I am glad I found ya'll.
Look forward to picking ya'lls brains.

Live on www.tndeer.com That's a fact.
biggrin.gif

Anyone that likes to deer hunt, that's the place to be.
smile.gif

James

------------------
ten-flag1s.gif
Not the victory, but the action. Not the goal, but the game. In the deed
the glory.|Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself|Bopeye|Bopeye|Sun Jan 6 15:45:00 2002|12.13.137.48|0|0|0|0
0016000011000208|0016000011000000|16|2970|Hi,everyone. My name is TJ and I'm 12. Some of you know my Dad as NASA. Is anyone else out there my age? I like to hunt, shoot, bmx, sk8board, shoot bow-n-arrow, you know, all the kid stuff.

I'd like to say hi to Critr, Michael, Wiley, Lochi, Onefoot, Kevin(thanks for the loan of the 22hornet), Leonard, Jason, Dogboy, Big Jerk, Encore, Tack, Hornetfan, Rita and all the others I cant remember.|Re: Tell Us A Little About Yourself|TJ|TJ|Sun Jan 6 17:44:00 2002|152.163.205.52|0|0|0|0
0016000011000209|0016000011000000|16|2979|My name is Craig Steele. I am a 21 yr. old firefighter and am blessed with an understanding wife. I have no kids(too young). I have lived in North West, Arizona all of my life. My cousin Craig Hamilton told me about the site, so I decided to check it out.
I am a competitive and athletic person in all sports but I don't consider hunting to be a sport. It is a way of life that I have come to know through my one true grandfather, my dad and my uncle. I love to call predators but I truly enjoy bowhunting and especially for the monster bulls of AZ. Don't get me wrong I love shootin a coyote with the old 22-250 or the old 20 gauge but there is something about bowhunting you just have to do it to belive it. And calling the animals in just makes it that much better.
I have filmed numerous of my hunting encounters and have got some awesome footage on video. I the next couple of years I plan on starting a production company called Bugle Em' In Productions". I also am going to start guiding with some help of a couple close hunting partners for Elk, bighorn, and coyotes. So, keep an eye out for the videos.

Good luck,
Craig

I posted an introduction last week. But I think I'll take some out and add some to it and then stick it here with everyone else.
I grew up Hunting and Fishing in the desert Southwest (Las Cruces,NM)I started Calling and Trapping when I was 10years old with my Dad. And running my own line and stands when I was 14.Made alot of good pay during the 1970s "Golden Years" putting up fur.Things have changed.
I'm 45 years old and a single self supporting father of a 15 year old girl(young lady). I've been married twice, widower before I was 21. And married again when I was 29. Divorced when my daughter was 4 years old and its just been the two of us ever since.
Man, why did I get on that????
Hunting,Fishing,Trapping & Gold Prospecting are in my blood. Its what I am.
I have got to talk to alot of you over the last couple of weeks and look forward to our planned hunts here in the near future.
Predator calling is ......I'm looking for the words...Predator calling is.......I'm looking for a complete and Total description.........Predator Calling is...........ALOT OF FUN!!!!!!!!!

Well there I go again acting like I know what I'm talking about.
I like to Gab just as much as anyone I guess. (thats what this site is for, right?)
I'm always up for conversation and ALWAYS willing to learn something new.
Introduce yourselves and say , Hey.
Brothers in the Wild

Hi,I am 41 have 3 kids, one girl and 2 boys of which share my passion for the outdoors.The only big game I hunt I do it Archery style. I love calling yotes and have an extreme passion for prarie dogs.I have only been reloading for about 10 years (rifle) but I am getting a pretty good collection of varmint rifles. A friend of mine got me started into reloading and P.D. hunting. ( I will post pics some time) We shoot off benches and shoot dogs from 0 to 500 yards. He has killed a bunch over 500 but he shoots almost year round. Also I might ad my wife of 21 years allows my pursuit of this passion for the most part.Good hunting to you all. Dogsgone

Hi everyone, my name is Robert Sabin. I've been working to get my first coyote for three years, but didn't get serious about it this year. I work on hunting anything I can but have only had luck with rabbits, P-dogs and coyotes, in that order. fishing is my other passion can't seem to get enough of the outdoors.
My current wife(2nd) of three years is pretty understanding except she thinks that I already have to many guns, I only have 20 someodd. Oh ya I'm 28 and was born and raised in utah. I'm trying to talk my wife into moving to Arizona or Texas, but she was raised in Oregan and wants a beach. What's wrong with deserts and snow? I've learned alot on here and I'm sure that I will alot more. Thanks for the help that everybody has given me!

well I guess I will introduce myself, my name is Alan Layton, married for 18 yrs. 2 kids boy 17, girl 13 going on 23. I live in Twin Falls, Id that's south central ID. I am a full time technician for the ID Army National Guards working on M1 tank and M2 Bradley, on the part time side I am a calvary scout one of the nasty boy who go find the enemy and cause chaos and confusion, that's the fun part of my job. I have been hunting since I was 12 been hunting coyotes since 18 off and on. Just started calling last year no luck so far I've had them answer but not come in so I'm still trying. love this sight it's given me lots of new ideas to try. thanks

My name is Ray, I'm 59 years young. Married 33 yrs., 5 children. I'm a GM parts salesman. I travel Utah (my home state), Idaho and NV.
I like to fish and I had given up hunting until last April 2001. My family and I were camping and fishing on Lake Powell in the south part of the state with our grand children and our new Jack Russell Terrier. On the third day in the late afternoon a coyote charged into camp and grabbed the 4 mo. old dog, shook it to death, ran off with it and I presumed ate it, all $600 dollars worth.

I grabbed a pistol and gave chase. I went back to camp, got some water and a flash light and spent the night tracking it. To no avail. The coyote traumatized the grand kids, who spent the night in the boats. But it got me back into hunting.

I had to buy the pups sister so it cost me another $600. The money was not important, but we loved the dog as anyone with a JRT can attest to. I have also found that I love coyote hunting! And the new JRT is doing well.

Hi my name is J.D. and I am from the Beggs, Oklahoma area. I am in maintenance for a local school system. I am 33years old and married to a wonderful woman for the last ten years. God has also blessed me with a daughter and son! They are great kids!

I mostly bow hunt for deer and fish. Have just recently taken up predator hunting. Have not had any success yet, but have enjoyed trying so far. I do very much appreciate all the info available on this site. It is tremendously helpful to a rookie. So please keep it coming!!

Looking forward to further discussion
with some of you.

Sincerely, J.D.

Originally posted by renegade:
well I guess I will introduce myself, my name is Alan Layton, married for 18 yrs. 2 kids boy 17, girl 13 going on 23. I live in Twin Falls, Id that's south central ID. I am a full time technician for the ID Army National Guards working on M1 tank and M2 Bradley, on the part time side I am a calvary scout one of the nasty boy who go find the enemy and cause chaos and confusion, that's the fun part of my job. I have been hunting since I was 12 been hunting coyotes since 18 off and on. Just started calling last year no luck so far I've had them answer but not come in so I'm still trying. love this sight it's given me lots of new ideas to try. thanks

What about that. I was a 19Delta Recon Cavalry Scout myself for eight years. That's some fun stuff. Sometimes I wish I was still in, but then I get to thinking about latrine duty, KP, fireguard, and all that fun stuff and have second thoughts. Go armor!

James D. Holbrook

------------------
ten-flag1s.gif
the glory.

Time to bring this back to the top, so some of the new folks can post about themselves.

James D. Holbrook

------------------
ten-flag1s.gif
the glory.

Originally posted by Dary:
I've hunted all my life and trapped when I was a kid. I'm 43 and I been a Deputy Sheriff for 23 years now. Right now I'm working on trying to fill my cougar tag and getting ready for a spring bear hunt. I also hunt coyotes and other varmints. Nice thing about my wife is she is also my hunting partner.
Now Dary I've heard you say other nice things about your wife.

------------------
Good Hunting To Ya !!
Merle

Back