Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Well I guess I will start with my name Buck Palsgrove I live in Henderson Nevada I am 45 yrs old married to a wonderful lady for 25 yrs I have three children 23yrs boy 22yrs boy 16yrs girl, I come from a family that enjoys the outdoors, My father started all his boys hunting when we could walk. Its nice because we have built in hunting partners with brothers sons daughter we never have to look very far to find someone to go hunting with I do most of my Varmint hunting over the line in Utah I have a small place that is loaded with coyotes foxes and crows. I am glad I found this site from what I have seen there appears to be people that truly want to help others and have a good time doing it so again I say thank you and thanks Varmint Al for telling me about this site

------------------
skinner

Welcome to all the new people, join in,learn and have fun, and remember its not so much that you get a animal, but that your in the outdoors enjoying life.

Greetings & Salutations! My name is Arman and I live in the Peoples Republik of Portland, Oregon (this town/state is getting far too liberal for me) in the wet Pacific Northwest. My middle name is "Bernard" which means "bold as a bear".

Married 21 years,I have an adventurous wife who loves to travel with me. She would rather cook game than kill it but she has been known to go after raccoons in the yard with a pitchfork and is one heck of a gopher getter.

We enjoy hunting and fishing and were an avid archer for years. Some of my best hunting memories are from when I lived in Tucson Arizona for 4 years when I was single. You desert rats have it made!

Running my own business ( www.emeraldseedandsupply ) has competed with my hunting but I have been blowing calls for years and enjoy calling up city yotes in the greenspaces we have here. Recently I decided that I would ease back into the hunting scene, found this website and hope I can link up with some like minded individuals.

I sell equipment in OR,WA,AK,ID and MT so maybe we can cross paths and call up some song dogs.

Bringing this back to the top for all our new members which are filing in by the wagon load
wink.gif

Welcome aboard folks.

------------------
~River Runner~

Champion Tannery
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Well, here goes.
I am 53, married, 3 kids, and I work to much.
Got the handle Doc years ago as a medic in Nam. Did the desert storm and it hung on there too. I work in a hospital,run medical imaging department(x-ray,etc.) I used to hunt quite a bit but just burned out on deer hunting. A friend took me night hunting one time and we called up a fox. It was the coolest thing I ever did hunting. I shot a couple of wild dogs in the woods while deer hunting. Unbelievable how they can run down a deer. I want to learn how to call and get in on the action of dog hunting. We have a lot of coyotes here in Tennessee. I live in rural town some 70 miles west of nashville and we have lots of hills and hollers and farm land to hunt around. Right now I am reading a lot on the board and trying to learn some of the lingo and tricks you guys are sharing. I love to just sit back and read all the stuff going on. This is a great site.
I hope to start getting out and calling in the near future. I have a young son at home that needs to learn the lessons that can be taught by doing this sport. Best wishes to all

Hey everybody!
I'm fairly new to the site; figured that I should tell a little 'bout myself.
My name is Gene, live in NW ND. If I'm not at work or with my 2yr old son Tyler- then I'm out calling coyotes, shooting prairie dogs, deer, or ice fishing. I'm 26 years old. I shoot a 112BV Savage in .223, a 116 LS in 300 Win Mag and a 700 VS in 220
Swift. I love the site- lots of information to learn- and hopefully I can help others with any questions. Always looking for more reloading tips- I've been loading for 15 years.
Talk to you all soon!
Yote' caller

I see this post has about 190 or so responses. I read in Peterson's mag last week that AzWill passed away. He is the original author of this post I see. I am too new to this sight to have known him but my condolences to his family and friends. He seems to have been a bit of a predator hunter's hero.

Like everbody else, I'm new to this board. I'm really impressed with everybody's knowledge and expertise on coyote calling. I like to think I know a little bit, but sometimes I wonder.
My name is Neil Peddicord, 58 years old. I live in far western Nevada. I have been seriously calling coyotes for 23 years.

After readeng the expreiences of some the more experienced callers, I don't know if what I'm about to write will be considered bragging or an out-and-out tall tale. However, everything is fact.

My dad and I have been granted permission to hunt an entire valley in northern Nevada. This started in 1978. Our first year was a total disaster. Pelts were $100 and we couldn't get anything. I think we got about 18 yotes that year. In 1983 we hunted 10 days in that valley and shot 64. Twice we shot 10 in one day. My dad and his partner ended up with 135 that year. Parvo wipped out the pups for the next 3 to 4 years. In 1994 we stayed in the valley for 5 weeks and skinned 119 coyotes. I shot 78 out of 84 shots with my .22-250. Used 38 gr. of 4350 pushing a 53 gr. hp.

Since then the dogs have been in decline and the last three years, one week each year, I've gotten less than 20.

I don't think it's me, but one never knows. I keep reading and trying new things. I use a JS PC-3 hand caller(the open reed doesn't seem to freeze up nearly as bad as a closed reed). Also, I use a JS e-caller with a lot of different tapes.

Anyway that's my bragging story and I'm glad I found this forum.

Snoman

Howdy all, I just retired from the Air Force after 20 years as a cop. Currently working as a security officer in a large hospital, but will be starting my own business in the March doing Nusiance Wildlife Control. I have been trapping, bowhunting and calling fox and yotes since I was 14 in Missouri. Fell in love with the mountains here in the west and decided to stay up here. Probably going to move to Idaho as the Anti's are way to powerful here in WA. Too bad it's a very nice state. Married 16 years with 4 kids, three boys and a girl. Great site and I look forward to chattin and meetin you folks. Fred

Hi all.
I'm 36 years old, married, unmarried, married, two kids. I guess I've been after coyotes for about 23 or 24 years now. I started out trapping them, then got into calling after reading an article in "The Trapper" (before it became "The Trapper and Predator Caller") about Ed Sceery. I suppose that was around 1980. Just can't get enough of it. I spend most of my web time on the trapping websites, as that is how I take most of my yotes. Like Wiley E.(hi wiley), I am involved in the beef industry. That takes most of my time. I work for Iowa State University taking care of a research farm with 400 cows. No time to fish anymore, so my playtime is in the fall and winter after the calves are weaned and the cows are worked.
Glad to be a part of this site. I am sure I will learn something, and hope I can help someone out sometime.

Well I'm 30 years old and I have been married five years to a great woman who puts up with my hunting lifestyle. I hunt probably ten months out of the year. I have just recently got in to coyote hunting, most of my hunting has been for Deer and hogs. I have started trapping with some success, but have yet to call in my first yote. Hope this year will be better. I have already learned alot about it from listening to some of the guys on here. So much more to learn though. My son is four years old and in to hunting as much as his dad so it will all start over again with him. Good luck to everyone this year in all things.
Darrell

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..
oh ya im 13 from morth eastern montana been deer hunting with dad since i was 4.Have 2 yotes and 1 fox under my belt (shot during deer season) Have kill 1 whiotetail doe and 2 whitetail bucks shat a 4 year old cow elk this year at fortpeck res. love to fish hunt trap and pick agates.weapon of choice for biggame wwould be my .280 rem with 140 grain barnes bullets (actually very fur friendly) and for predators would be a 222 with 55 grain noslers.
biggrin.gif

Howdy Montana.....

Email me.. my email is at the bottom!

------------------
vir-flag1.gif

There are three kinds of people in this world!! Those who can count and those who CANT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hunt the HUNTERS or the HUNTERS will Hunt YOU!!

coyote.jpg

Anmallvr2004@yahoo.com

Well my name is Jon Porter. I'm 18 bout 19 and go to school at South Dakota State University. I'm originally from mid Nebraska. I hunt constantly and trap nonstop during the seasons. I've gotten myself into predator control for ranchers and farmers. I'm taking up long-range riflery this summer. I have a beautiful girlfriend who has just started into shotgun shooting. I'm what most people think of as a river rat or such. I try not to look it. My name comes from a nickname that I picked up for a while in high school. I went hunting with some guys a couple of times and I was known as the shadow of an indian because of my ability to get close, real close to about anything I wanted to. It came from my ability to stalk deer with my recurve bow. So yeah that's me in a nutshell. I'm always open to travel and hunt anywhere I can. I always like to take other people out and show them the thrills of the outdoors.

Hello,
My name is Cal. I'm 65, a retired Computer Procedures Analyst. I'm an American who has lived in Canada for 29 years. I came up to visit, liked it here and never got around to going back. I live 18 miles west of Montreal. I no longer hunt due to diabetes, but shoot more than ever at a range in Ottawa. The love of my life is Franklin, my 2 year old Giant Schnauzer. My hobbies are reloading, fishing, classical music and English Literature.

Best wishes from God's frozen people.
Cal

Back