Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Seen a lot of new names/faces of late, so I thought I would bring this back up to the top. It's long, but it might give everyone a "new" chance to meet and greet. It was informative the last time it was up.

So newbies - let us know the real you!

Well heck I'll step up to the plate.

Great thread, how did this ever get archived?

Not exactly new here, but have never really introduced myself.
My name is Pat, am 30, married 10 years, have a 9 year old boy, and a girl on the way in March. I work for MUSCO sports lighting in Oskaloosa IA, same town I live in.
My main hobby, and a side income, is buying/fixing/selling outboard motors.

I like to hunt about everything, main favorites are coyotes and deer in that order. I shoot a bow as much as I can, 3D shoot, bowfish all summer about every week, even entered a bowfishing tournament last year. My boy shot his first fish last summer. Now he is hooked.

Other hobbies are playing paintball, fishing for crappies, drinking a few beers, spend time on the computer, handloading, and pretty much for the most part, having a good time. Only live once.

Thanks for a great websight, keep up the good work. Lots of very valuable info here.

Thanks,
Pat

------------------
Nothing worse than a coyote friendly gun!!!

[This message has been edited by boatman (edited 12-10-2001).]

My name is Charlie Smith (even thought that sounds pretty phony). AT 54, I still get asked for ID when I check into a motel! Born and raised in Arkansas delt and migrated to the western border of AR in 1976. Married 27 years with 3 kids and 3 grandkids. Dad was a golf pro and claimed I wasn't his kid because I wanted to hunt and fish instead of play golf. (But Mom said I was).
I've been in or on the fringes of law enforcement since 1969 and that is the year I got started calling fox with a Burnham Brothers mouth call and later a Burnham Brothers record player. (45 rmp records and a ton of batteries). For about 15 years I wrote articles for some of the major hunting and shooting magazines, which proves that you don't have to know very much to be writer. Got side tracked hunting deer and turkey for years, but awhile back I found this board--neatest site on the web, and I have come back to my first love, predator calling. I'm having to learn all over again. Hunt mostly the Ozark Mountains with a shotgun because of our silly game and fish regs. When I get to hunt private land, I use a 22/250. I am wanting to do some calling out west in AZ or TX. It would be nice to see more than 50 yards.
Thanks for having such a great and generally positive hunting site.
Ozark Charlie

SOME OF YA'LL KNOW ME, IM 15 FROM VA..I LIKE TO GO HUNTING IN THE WINTER AND FISH IN THE SUMMER... WE OWN ABOUT 600 ACRES AND HAVE 5 PONDS. WE HAVE A 4 1/ MILE CREEK BEHIND OUR HOUSE WHICH I WALK ALMOST EVERYDAY! I LOVE REPTILES AND ALL MY LIFE I HAVE EITHER WANTED TO BE A HERPETOLOGIST OR A POLICE OFFICER OR A SNIPER. NO I REALLY WANNA FOCUS ON POLICE WORK AND MAYBE BE A SNIPER WHEN NEEDED! I NOT AFRAID T SHOOT A PERSON IF IT ABSOLUTELY NECCESARY! ESPECIALLY IF THEY R BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE! I ALMOST ALWAY CARRY A .22 PISTOL IN MY POCKET ESPECIALLY WHEN HOME ALONE! I HAVE THE MAGAZINE IN, BUT NO BULLET IN CHAMBER AND SAFETY ON! AINT NO ONE BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE WHEN IM HERE WITHOUT GETTING SHOT! IF I HAVE TO THEN I WILL! SO THATS ABOUT AL I GOTTA SAY!

BYES!
ANDREW H.

------------------
vir-flag1.gif

There are three kinds of people in this world!! Those who can count and those who CANT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My name is Jeff Zimmerman. I live in Globe, AZ. I am a helicopter technician for an aeromedical helicopter company. I am a single father raising 2 boys. Brock 5, and Mike who is 10. We enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting,reloading, exploring the desert and kayaking. More than anything I ejoy spending time with my boys. I am a native Montanan. Just turned 39 in Sept. Been hunting and trapping coyotes since I was 11 years old. I have worked ADC with helicopters on and off since 1985. Just can't seem to get away from these damn coyotes........Just bought Brock a Davey Crickett .22 for Christmas. Not sure who is going to be more excited about shooting the darn thing.....me or him? Got a chance to meet some really great folks here at the Predator Masters hunt. I look forward to seeing the guys I met this year and meeting a bunch more of you guys, next year. Until then, Take Care,
Jeff

My name is Brad Puryear, I am 33 and have 2 boys who love to hunt and fish and a wife that I have to borrow tackle from...lol. I got into predator hunting about 8 years ago when a friend (Garry) commented on how he used to call foxes to his truck and shoot them back in Tenn.Being skeptical proved to be addictive! Then Garry mentioned trapping to me and again the challenge was on, now I do nuisance trapping in my hometown. Finally Garry convinced me to go duck hunting after years of badgering me.....I hate Garry! It has been the most addictive form of hunting so far, I guess predator hunting and duck hunting go hand in hand though....hunt one species so you have more of the other to hunt
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by River Runner:
Welcome to the board gentlemen
wink.gif

Ozark Charlie...did I read that right? A record player game caller? MAnnnnnnn I am sooooooooo young
frown.gif

Yep. It weighted about 10 pounds. Used 12,
that's 12 D cell batteries. You played the little 45 RPM records, and they played only about 5 or 6 minutes, and then you had to gently raise the arm and restart it, and if you were not carefull, it would slip and make a loud screeching noise.
But, it did work. The day I bought it, I was living in Memphis. I took it out to Shelby Forest and called 2 grey fox at one time. THey walked right down the middle of the road and looked at my green VW like "what is this thing." My wife (#1) and I were both impressed, and I was hooked. That was in 1967. What can I say. The state police captain I had coffee with yesterday in Fort Smith reminded me that we had been policemen for years before many of his young troopers were born. Old but steady.

Hunt hard and watch your back!

Ozark Charlie

I'm 44 years old. Been married for 22 years to a beautiful gal who puts up with alot of my hobbies. I have a 20 year old daughter that is currently a junior in college. Can't say how proud I am of that girl!!! I have been working for Illnois Amer. Water Co. for the past 24 yrs. As a foreman the past 12yrs.
The wife and I are currently in the process of buying 20 acres in the U.P. of Michigan where my family comes from. It'll be where we retire. Great hunting too!
I used to coyote hunt for years when younger then went on a 15 year hiatus as I became a reenactor in the WWII Historical Reenactment Society for 15 years. This was a very gratifying time as we got to do many different things for our Greatest Generation. Parades, Monument Dedications, Reenactments, Static Displays, visiting Vet. Hosp. etc.
Last year I started back to coyote hunting although with very limited success as there is a ton of rust on this boy.
One more thing. I'm a rabid Packer fan and a Life member of the NRA.

------------------
Vote Freedom First

Hi my name is Randy.I live in Meigs county in Ohio. I have been married for 10 years to my wounderful wife Jennifer. I own a lawn care biz. I love to hunt all the critters but I love turkey the most. I have never hunted coyote before but I plan to start here realy soon.I live on a farm of 100 acrs or so. Lots of tracks here. The season is allways open here so I can hunt them after I get my deer for the year & before turkey season.

Hi my name is Troy I live in the Ft.Smith AR area,right now im a mechanic wanting to change job careers even know I make good money here, I am 30 married 4 years and have my best friend my 3 year old son. I have been fox and coyote hunting since 10 years old with my brother growing up in northeast MO, and like ozark Charlie said I would like to go calling out west some where also...

OK,my name is David MacLeod,im 33 will be married 9 years in feb. two great kids a girl 9, my hunting buddy is 7, and he can pick out a grouse at 100 yrds, and he loves too play reteriver. started coyote hunting two years ago and love it. I work as a custodian at r local high school. Any one here in Maine that wants to do some night hunting contact me id love to go. a local game warden said if he gets any road kill deer he'd hook me up with some bait again this year. e-mail me at [url=mailto:dmacleod@ime.net

Well,
I have been a member here for a short time.I don't even rember how I found this site but I am so glad I did.
Anyway my name is Raymond England( I go by Ray).I'm 39 yrs old I ahve been married to my wonderful wife for the past 7 years.We have 4 children.3 boys ,18,7,and5 and one darling little 2 year old girl.The oldest boy was a wedding gift from me to her.We live in Lubbock,Tx.I am origonaly from Oklahoma.I drive a truck.Until recently I have never called coyotes.I got hooked and now That is about all I can think of.

I have learned lots from this site and hope to learn more.Thanks.

------------------
Ray
"Any bad day huntin' is bettern any good day workin'"

"If they run they will only die tired"

Well,
I have been a member here for a short time.I don't even rember how I found this site but I am so glad I did.
Anyway my name is Raymond England( I go by Ray).I'm 39 yrs old I ahve been married to my wonderful wife for the past 7 years.We have 4 children.3 boys ,18,7,and5 and one darling little 2 year old girl.The oldest boy was a wedding gift from me to her.We live in Lubbock,Tx.I am origonaly from Oklahoma.I drive a truck.Until recently I have never called coyotes.I got hooked and now That is about all I can think of.

I have learned lots from this site and hope to learn more.Thanks.

------------------
Ray
"Any bad day huntin' is bettern any good day workin'"

"If they run they will only die tired"

Well here goes. I will be 40 (Did I say that?) next month. 2 boys, one 20 and the other 16. Been married for 20 years and love it as much as I love to hunt coyotes. Obviously I am from the great nation of Texas. YEEEHHAAAAAAAAAA . Just kidding guys. Love this site!!!! James L.

My name is Glenn Newell, I am 48 years old and I come from Australia.
I have done some rifle hunting but when I found bowhunting I have never been able to pick up a rifle since. I have been bowhunting for almost 30 years now.
I am a carpenter-joiner by trade and I have my own business building houses. Since 1993 I have been building bows and of late the bows are becoming my full time business. I have a web site you can view it on WWW.geocities.com/southarchery
In the new year I will be updating the site with my new bows and more how to articles.
I have mainly concentrated on hunting pigs over the years but after seeing this site I will be pursuing the predators a lot more.
There are large populations of dingoes and wild dogs and fair numbers of red fox as well where I live.

HI. My name is Kevin or Mudhen whichever you prefer, (got lots of other names too but they're not appropriate for here.) Just signed up on the board and thought I'd introduce myself. I think I'm 43, don't know for sure cause it keeps changing every year. Been married now for, the wife says, 21 years. I have 4 kids 2 G and 2 B. Interests include too many horses, ham radio, and hunting fishing etc. I started hunting before I can remember and calling varmints about 30 years ago. Been the most active calling though the last 10 or 12 years since my boys started shooting geese and varmints because that's their favorite hunting also. I started reloading at about 11 years old when my Dad started making me buy my own ammunition. I grew up here in Idaho. Am a machinist by trade but work as an environmental technician to keep the bill collectors away. I started reading here a few weeks ago when I was cruising the web and found it quite interesting.

Hey Everyone, I am married to a great country girl from Montana. We got married 3 years ago Feb. 14th. She was a single mom of two girls and I was a single dad of two girls and two boys. We have a great family and we love family. I am a fishing guide here in Oregon. Fishing mostly on the Columbia River but also do some fishing in the tributaries. My wife is a school teacher.Our family loves hunting and fishing. I was recently told about this site becausewe were talking about electronic callers. We are looking to buy one and this friend said this was the place to go. I think he was right. Merry Christmas to you all and I hope we become hunting friends. Jon and Stacy

Hello from the great white north.I used to be called the Redneck Frenchman but "Yes Dear" said it was too cumbersome so she calls me Redfrog."Yes Dear" is my wife. I call her "Yes Dear" for 2 reasons. Firstly, a man never wins an argument with his wife and secondly if I respond with "Yes Dear" to every thing she says I'll have the right answer some of the time. She says she never had a sense of humor until she married one. We have 3 great kids from 13 to 21.The youngest is a boy who shares my outdoor pursuits. I lived in British Columbia for 30 years. I have hunted every big game animal available there except caribou.Last winter we moved to south central Alberta. I have a brother who has lived here for several years and I have hunted this area for birds and deer every year.I have labrador retrievers and field trialed for about 4 years. The region we live in is called Special Areas. It is sparsely populated, About 5 million acres with a population of 10,000 people, including the towns. The area is made up mostly of ranchers whose families have been here for 4 or 5 generations.We started a birdhunting outfitting service this fall. It's doing great. Lots of birds, both migratory and upland. The deer population is impressive, as well as antelope and even moose. The move here was a no brainer for a hunter/fisherman. Sorry no golf. Since this is a predator website I should mention that the coyote population is a real problem here for ranchers.I talked to a rancher today when I was icefishing and he has shot 9 in the last 2 weeks. He wasn,t hunting, he was checking livestock. Some fox in the area as well. The Alberta gov,t just passed a law banning the use of dogs for coyote hunting. The ranchers are sure choked, not to mention the guys who have kept greyhounds for years, but that's something I'll post on another forum.I think this website is just what I've been looking for.I've just started hunting predators seriously and I'm already hooked. With all the juice on this this site I may even learn something before I'm too old. I was concerned because the coyotes around here are usually running but now I've learned they will only die tired.I would like to share a lesson from the great white north. Don't eat the yellow snow. Redfrog

Back