Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Okay-I am married. (2nd time around) I have 2 kids of my own, and 3 from my present wife. I will be 44 in May. Have been hunting, fishing, or shooting USPSA or bench, most of my life. Have had the chance to hunt most animals, big and small. I once had a gun business and had many good clients-(Police and Sherriff Dept) untill the factory reps came around and took over-many years ago. I think I have owned most every weapon-rifle and pistol, that you can think of. (modern-1950 and up) Nowdays I'm lucky to get out much, because of work and the added kids. But I do set apart time for hunting. I love accurate long range rifles, big bore pistols and raceguns. I quit hunting yotes and other varmints for a while-untill about 3 years ago. Now, I'm back in high gear again.
smile.gif

MP

Note: I work as a Project Mgrsuper for a Commercial Contractor with my office centered in Salt Lake City.

[This message has been edited by Mike Paul (edited 04-21-2001).]

This is a good place to start posting again since we all had to re-register.

I'm about 30 years now, with a younger wife and four daughters--tried for a boy and got four daughters--they are great kids. I grew up on a cattle ranch in central AZ, ended up in veterinary school before I knew it, and have been vetting for six years now--mostly all equine medicine and surgery. I've gotten back in to calling after trapping for so long, mostly it's the fault of coyote gods that roam these parts. I love my .17 Rem rifles and also shoot a Hornet fairly occasionally. I look forward to learning lots of cool things from all of you on the boards.

Tom T.

Well, Ok, my real name is Tom Shonk, I'm retired, work part time as an AV tech. Helps buy new barrels...
I'm a member of High Desert Predator Callers, and chapter secretary.
I like reloading, and Ackley Improved rounds.
Married for the final time.
biggrin.gif

Tom

------------------
It doesn't matter which pro-gun/hunting outfit you support, but do support ONE, anyway!

I'm another Tom T., but I go by NASA. I started hunting (yard cats) at about age 10. I've pulled the trigger on just about everything since then. A half a century later I'm still shooting and loving it. Now I've got a 12 year old son to pass all this wisdom on to (LOL) and I can use all the help I can get. Hope to see y'all at Bruce's shindig in Tucson.

I am 44, have been married for 23 years, and have 2 sons. I was born and raised in the county of Kent in south-east England. I am an IT manager for a Norwegian company based in city of London.

I have shot for most of my life, and was introduced to calling a few years back by an old friend. I only wish he had done it sooner! The only species we get to call are foxes, and by law we are not allowed to use any electronic calls. We can and do use lamps however. My friends and I favour Hornet, .222 and .22-250 for our sport, and we all reload.

I can't necessarily contribute much here, but I enjoy reading about the sport in other parts of the world, and I can certainly learn a thing or two - even if I may not put the knowledge into practice.

Just at the moment I can't get out due to the problems here with foot and mouth disease. So it's good at least to read about shooting in these forums.

Patrick

Howdy. My real name is Jon Hooper and I live just north of Dallas Texas. I'm 37, married, with two boys ages six and two. I've been in law enforcement for fourteen, long, long, years. I've been hunting since I was ten. I really got into predator hunting during high school when pelts were worth trapping and hunting for. Old habits are hard to break, because I'm still an avid song dog hunter. These days I hunt exclusively with muzzleloading arms (I get enough of high-tech, plastic stock guns at work) and although my success rate is not as great as it once was, I enjoy the hunt more. Anyway, that's me. Glad I found this site.

My name is Scott Fairing. I will be 52 in 3 days. Have married to my shooting, fishing, and camping partner for 22 years. We have 6 kids, 3 of each, all grown and on their own and have 5 grandchildren.

I have been hunting since I was 12 and reloading since I was 14. I am a machinist in a small shop, So small there is just me and the two owners. They allow me time to work on my own projects and I have been making presses and hand dies for fun.

Do most of my hunting in central Oregon. Just learning to call but loving it.

------------------
In HIS Service
Scott

Hey Guys Im Steve Burton Im 41 Years Old Ilive In Deming N.M., Im Single So I Can Hunt Whenever I Want. Ive Been Callen Coyotes For About 25 Years.

Greetings! Just crossing over from the Coyote Gods forum. I'm in North central Nebraska and I run about 100 cow/calf pairs on my ranch and help on our 2000 acre irrigated family farm. Keeps me very busy, but I make time to go coyote calling. I have technical training in aircraft maintenance (A&P) and a Private pilot license, but its not current. I love launching flat shooting cartridges, thus the name. My ultimate gun collection goes something like this: .220, .240, .260, .280, .300, even though I have to find a few to fill in the string yet, and a few others that don't fit have grabbed my attention like K-Hornet, .17 Mach IV, .218 Bee, etc. Never have enough it seems. Well, hope to see a few of you in Tucson!
Rick L.

[This message has been edited by Flatshot (edited 05-06-2001).]

Hi, my real nickname is Chip Bruss. I just arrived here but I can't remember how I found this site. My wife of 20+ years and I are primarily big game hunters but we have been "forced" into predator hunting. Last year I took an early retirement and moved from CA to WY; bought an old pig farm; collected our deer, antelope and my bighorn; and restarted my wildlife biologist practices of creating bird habitat. The first thing we noticed was too many varmits around here (our dog got skunked the first day). So I dug into my childhood trap store and immediately had much more territory than my supplies could handle. I'm still buying for next season.

I tried some calling but the coyotes around here paid little attention. I did get one shot at 350 yards but I missed the first one. That 'yote took off like it had afterburners so I just pulled way out in front of him and cut loose with another 6mm and dropped him like a stone. Before I could retrieve my trophy, however, he got up and trotted away leaving just a few scattered blood spots. I'm hoping to get some tips on getting them to come when I call - not just look my direction.

polecat . . .

Hoooowdyyyyy!

Welcome to Predator Masters!!!!

If you’re interested in predator calling you’ve found the right place. Predator Masters is full of callers willing to share their trade secrets to help you become a better caller. I’ve been at it for over 40 years now and I learn something new every day.

I hope you enjoy your experience here and visit us often....
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Howdy. Finally found some time to post.
I will also have a bit of time to walk around in the desert soon.

Thought I'd say hello to my friends.

-slink

------------------
Steven R. Link
Tucson, AZ
slink@u.arizona.edu

Howdy fellas, great site. Well, I've been married for a little over 6 months now to a young lady who I met at school (Iowa State). I knew she was a keeper when she kept me company while I skinned raccoons after class. I come from a grain and livestock, hunting, trapping and fishing family and enjoy the outdoors thoroughly. My younger brother and I, have and still do, spot and stalk a bunch of fox and coyote in the swill-swale landscape of northwest Iowa. We tried to call in some coyotes once and on our first stand had one come in but he caught our wind before we knew he was there. Ever since then we have been very interested in calling but never actually have killed any predators on a calling stand. I guess we spend more time spotting and stalking than calling. I think our bag will be fuller quicker if we do a little of both. I'm here to learn and chat with good old boys just like us.
See ya around,
Zipedo

------------------
Enjoy it while you can,
Zipedo

Zipedo . . .

Hoooowdyyyyy!!!!

Welcome to Predator Masters.

You’ve come to right place to find out about predator. Some of the best predator callers in the world hang out here and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Instead of you trying to spot and stalk predators, our members will have predators stalking you in no time at all.

Don’t be shy, look around at the various forums we have and jump right on in.

And most of all, have fun...
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Hitman,
I am interested in using decoy dogs for coyote calling. Techniques, training, type dogs, etc.
E-mail me at [url=mailto:gasboffer@apex2000.net

Doug,

I went through the FBI Academy in 1976 with a detective from Woodbury, N.J. It is such an unusual name, to me, anyway, that I thought you might be related. His name is Irv Kimmel

Ragards,
Clyde Howard
Odessa, Tx
gasboffer@apex2000.net
Originally posted by Doug:
My name is Doug Kimmel. I'm a 35 year old hill-billy and have been married for 13 years and have 3 tomboy daughters. I work as a tool and diemaker/tooling engineer for a small machine shop. I was really into trapping (especially foxes) back in the 70's and 80's. Not enough time for trapping any more, so I get out go calling whenever I can. I also enjoy archery/gun hunting for turkey and whitetails. My summer hobby is dirt-track racing.

Hey all,
I was refered to this fine site by the CG's and found out about the CG's from my friend ZIPEDO. We were in AIT together for the old U.S.Army. I'm 29 yrs old and found the woman for me only last year (she bought a Win mod 94 7-30 Waters on her eighteenth birthday because she COULD). She's 26 and awesome.

I have hunted and fished since I can remember and thought of nothing else since then--could be why it took so long to think of finding a woman. I spend three years at Ft Carson, CO with the Army, spent a lot of time coyote hunting, prarie dog shooting and fly fishing. Always been interested in guns. I've been tinkering with them since I missed my first buck and blamed it on the trigger. Took apart my 7600 and gave it a good one. Switched to bolt actions mostly, but still enjoy a Win mod 71 for deer hunting because its fun in the northwoods of Wisconsin.

I work as a Small Arms Repairman for the WI National Guard as a Technician. Shoot on the rifle team as often as they'll let me--we just won first at the AG's match this weekend so we're going to Nationals at Little Rock in October! Other than that, I tinker with guns on the side too, signed up for a local Tech school machine shop class and rebarreled a rifle last year (280 Ackley Imp.) and am going down to Oklahoma June 11th for a rifle rebarreling class at Murray State College. Plan on making a 17 Ackley Bee out of a Martini Cadet I have in 22 Hornet. That and rebarreling a Mod 700 in 22-250 and an old BSA in 222 rem. Have really been attracted to the smaller calibers lately as I can shoot them more often and at more game. Plan on having a comlete machine/gun shop with in the next 6 yrs or so.

I started trapping this last winter after always wanting to try. Must have done something right as I got a nice cherry red the first night out. Even got a coyote in a blind set behind the house. Only had 5-10 traps out at a time, so I was very happy with the results this year. Quite a few coyotes around here lately and I'm looking forward to learning all I can on this board and the Coyote Gods this summer so I can give em' hell this winter. I'll be seeing a few of you in AZ as that is too good of opportunity to pass on. That's mostly what I'm about.

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often

Matt

My name is Edward Dunnigan, 39 years old and married (no kids yet) for 2 years. I've mostly been lurking and learning ( alot!) on this board. After a life time of living in and around Detroit, MI my wife and I are relocating to Oregon. I never had the opportunity to hunt or fish much as a kid (learned to shoot in the army). Sitting here and reading everyone's adventures and gazing longingly at the photos corrupted me and after much consideration, we decided that it was time to go and live our own adventures rather than read about someone else's.
I like varmint hunting (especially ground squirrels) and deer hunting. I'm looking forward to doing more when we move. Hope to have my own adventures to post very soon!

Back