Accurate Arms 2200 Data Powder

rks1949

I have a friend that just traded me some powder,for some work I had done for him. I've looked in all of my reloading books,and can't find any data on it? It was bought by his uncle and stored in his loading room since 1998. The lables are almost gone,but both 8lb. jugs are still sealed. I've read it is a real good powder for the 223 with light bullets,and a 222 also. It does have a load listed for a 223 with a 55FMJ bullet using 23.5grs. with a velocity of 3265fps. Have any of you got any loading data for this powder? Ron
102_0565.jpg
102_0566.jpg

I was told by the folks at Widener's one time that this was an over-run lot of a non-canister powder that was packaged for retail sale. I did shoot quite a bit of it, using the data on the jug as a guide. It was nothing special, but nothing bad either. Accuracy for me was found at 23.5grs with the Sierra 55gr. (#1365).
John

John,I couldn't find any info on the powder at their site either. They do show the powder on the site,but no data. I did a search,and found a few threads on some message boards,about it,though a few were claiming it was great with a 40gr. bullet in a 223,and it also worked well in the 221 FireBall also,but that was about it. I'm guessing it's a ball powder,(haven't broken the seal on either jug.) I do know his uncle shot alot of it in a 222,that's where the powder came from. Ron

It is a fine, high density ball powder that meters pretty well. It matched the the burn characteristics of H-322 fairly closely in my rifles. A good, first approximation, would be to drop 10% off the H-322 data and work up.
John

Originally Posted By: rks1949Originally Posted By: chris112Just looked in the manual and suprise it isn't listed. Suggest that you go to their reloading site and see what you can find there.

http://www.accuratereloading.com/ Chris,the powder is there,just no data? Ron

Sorry thought I had the right site but it isn't that one. Try this one;

http://www.accuratepowder.com/

I found some general information about the powder but again no load data. It has just been reintroduced. You might want to download their loading manual. Could be helpful.

Again sorry about the mistake.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pcammoIt is a fine, high density ball powder that meters pretty well. It matched the the burn characteristics of H-322 fairly closely in my rifles. A good, first approximation, would be to drop 10% off the H-322 data and work up.
John Thanks,John! If I like it, I should have enough to last me for a long time! The data seems to indicate that it moves a 55gr. bullet pretty fast. (on the bottle) I also noticed that is a maximum load,so it should be loaded at 10% less for starters(at least,that's my method).
smile.gif
I have alot of load data on H-332,so I should be good to go! Thanks,Ron

Back