Baiting

Jim, That same skunk was at my bait pile just the night before!
PRMS0015.jpg

Nice Jim. At least you have some results. Things have been dead at my site lately, though one coyote did pass by wouldn't go near.

Originally Posted By: gobblergetterOriginally Posted By: ScalloperHa ha ya I dont blame you. Will any preditors eat possum? I went deer hunting on the Eastern shore of MD for two years,man I could not belive how many red fox I saw. I would see 3-7 aday but I have never seen a gray fox. I saw that red fox did ok at the last auction.
I hunted with Schraders and he was telling us that if anyone shot a coyote it would make the local news papper because there was very few in that area. I am very surprised I thought they were everywhere.

Not sure what all eats possum. ? I've seen them eat on another possum. I guess if anything gets hungry enough, they'll eat them. 10-4 on the shore's red fox. I've never hunted the Eastern shore but I hear they are loaded with red.
Hey Schraders is a pretty big outfit over there. Were you after white-tails or the elusive sikas (Maryland's 'lil elk)?
And yes, if a yote were to be killed it would make the local paper here as well. They are around, but very rare is a sighting of one. I'm hoping to be the first hunter in my parts to take one - just a personal goal.
smile.gif

Ya Shraders is big,they were great the first year but I am not use to someone holding my hand while I hunt,but it was a great area and I would go back. I hunted whitetail. I would like to hunt the sikas at some point.(Trade for lobster???)LOL

I am having trouble getting the coyotes to come into the light. The guys in this area said "they will come when they get acustome to the light" but the way I see it I am missing oppertunities. They have been coming to within 30-35 feet on my set-up for 10 days.
I read a artical in Trapper and Predator caller Dec 2010 by Andrew Lewand. he belives that predators see LED light less. So, where can I get a 110v LED flood light? Thanks

Originally Posted By: ScalloperI am having trouble getting the coyotes to come into the light. The guys in this area said "they will come when they get acustome to the light" but the way I see it I am missing oppertunities. They have been coming to within 30-35 feet on my set-up for 10 days.
I read a artical in Trapper and Predator caller Dec 2010 by Andrew Lewand. he belives that predators see LED light less. So, where can I get a 110v LED flood light? Thanks
Look here might be what you need
http://www.elusivewildlife.com/index.php?section=1

Originally Posted By: dannykOriginally Posted By: ScalloperI am having trouble getting the coyotes to come into the light. The guys in this area said "they will come when they get acustome to the light" but the way I see it I am missing oppertunities. They have been coming to within 30-35 feet on my set-up for 10 days.
Look here might be what you need
http://www.elusivewildlife.com/index.php?section=1

There are a few lights on this site, not sure if its what your looking for ?
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/led-light-110v.html

Originally Posted By: ScalloperI am having trouble getting the coyotes to come into the light. The guys in this area said "they will come when they get acustome to the light" but the way I see it I am missing oppertunities. They have been coming to within 30-35 feet on my set-up for 10 days.
I read a artical in Trapper and Predator caller Dec 2010 by Andrew Lewand. he belives that predators see LED light less. So, where can I get a 110v LED flood light? Thanks Yotes don't like to be seen,they like the dark. Get yourself a Red Light and when they are on the Bait turn it on and Plug them.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Wallbass45Originally Posted By: ScalloperI am having trouble getting the coyotes to come into the light. The guys in this area said "they will come when they get acustome to the light" but the way I see it I am missing oppertunities. They have been coming to within 30-35 feet on my set-up for 10 days.
I read a artical in Trapper and Predator caller Dec 2010 by Andrew Lewand. he belives that predators see LED light less. So, where can I get a 110v LED flood light? Thanks Yotes don't like to be seen,they like the dark. Get yourself a Red Light and when they are on the Bait turn it on and Plug them.
lol.gif

Works for me. Plugged this one early this morning when she came in to the bait. Lit her up with the XLR250 Red LED and shot her with the 223. Distance was 182 yards checked with range finder.

1-13-coyote-picture1.jpg

1-13-coyote-picture4.jpg

That makes number 3 for the XLR250 in 7 days.

Jim,
I know you are waiting on a cat, but have you shined the red LED on a fox just to see how they react to it? I don't think it bothers the coyotes nearly as much as a the light from a white bulb with red filter.

jack
I have held the light on three fox at the same time and they don't pay any attention to it at all, and I put the beam direct on them. I don't think they can see it very well.

Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the reply. We used to have a very high population of red and grey fox here in Illinois until around the mid to late 70's when the coyotes moved in. I killed my first coyote n 1973 and the fox population has declined since then. There are a few more red's now than there were a few years ago but I haven't seen a grey in many years.

Gary

We have lots of Coyotes here. At sun rise and sun set you can hear them howling all over the place. For some reason they don't respond to a call very well. I have a Fox Pro Spitfire but have not had any to show themselves yet.
I lived in Washington state for a while back in the late 70s, and played a portable tape recorder with a cotton tail in distress and it worked great. When I moved down here in Oregon it would not work at all. I guess these southern Coyotes are too well fed.

Jim

If you ordered it from Jeremiah Weber, it will not take it very long. He gets them out pretty quick. I think mine took 3 or 4 day's.

I mounted mine under the barrel, that way you get no glare back in the scope. Besides it still fits in my gun case that way.

Jim

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ScalloperI ordered my XLR250 last week but I have not received it yet.
Ordered mine last Friday evening, haven't got it yet. I'm still using my Lightforce 170 gun mount. I'm anxious to see the difference in the two.

Originally Posted By: ScalloperI ordered my XLR250 last week but I have not received it yet.
Good thing we ordered when we did, the lights went up in price today = $139.00 for the 250.
ohmy.gif

Back