Baiting

thanks guys. the bait is a combination of deer and caribou frozen into baitciles. i also use hides, those crazy coyotes love to chew on them. you can see one in the pics that they have been working over. shoot straight and apologize to no one. get some deer or i even used beef hides, they cannot resist playing with them.i have two caribou hides in another spot, they have not hit them yet.

Good job there greenmountainboy. What I like about baiting is, I feel like I am hunting all the time, which has been my passion all my life.

Jim

Jim, you certainly came by your nickname honestly. All I can say is I wish I was there with my video camera rolling, sitting in the truck, of course. I would have made sure the passenger side was unlocked for you!

Weaponx, I took your advice and ordered the X6C. Should have it in a few days and I'm anxious to give it a try.

Greenmountainboy, nice job on the coyote. He sure did zig-zag back and forth on the road.

David

What a friend David, You would make sure the door was unlocked, LOL. Maybe we could go hunting together but first I will make sure I can out run you.LOL

You know that Cougar didn't have a chance on catching me. I was running on dry land but he was running in you know what.

Jim

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cougar JimWhat a friend David, You would make sure the door was unlocked, LOL. Maybe we could go hunting together but first I will make sure I can out run you.LOL

You know that Cougar didn't have a chance on catching me. I was running on dry land but he was running in you know what.

Jim

Jim,
That right there is some funny stuff !!!

Worse case scenario,or best for you. The cougar eats me up and you make a million dollars on the footage.LOL. "Man" I got screwed on that deal.

Jim

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gobblergetter Did not hunt last night . . it rained. Checked cameras this morning and one pix of the resident red fox showing up at 4:30am. The other camera stopped working which does not make me a happy camper since this is the second time this has happened. Bought a Primos TruthCam 60 earlier in the season which malfunctioned so I sent it back to Primos and they replaced it with this one, which is now not working.
cursing.gif
I will call the company tomorrow and explain what has happened. The camera is great when it works but right now this is getting a little rediculous. Seriously considering going with another brand
unsure.gif

I know what you mean GG, I have the same camera and the video is not working right. I am probably going to send it back unless I find out it's just me not knowing how to program it.

Jim

Jim- I remembered you had gotten the same camera and was wondering if you were having any problems with yours, and so it is.
The LED screen works on mine but it will not take pics or vids. I'm kinda dissapointed that these cameras (2 now) only work for a short time then die. They really do take some nice pictures IMO.

I have a friend in Australia who purchased the same camera, ordered from the US. It was defective and he had to return it. A lot of postage involved, but he received a new one and it seems to be working ok for now.

Christmas clean up bait bucket going out there soon

freezer burned pork chops
mini hot dogs that were left in the crock pot
chicken carcas
chicken guts
chicken broth
ham slices
turkey slices
chili
dog biscuits

YUM haha coons/skunks/opossums are going to be all over this.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I have a friend in Australia who purchased the same camera, ordered from the US. It was defective and he had to return it. A lot of postage involved, but he received a new one and it seems to be working ok for now.
I hope your friend in Australia has better luck than I have had. Can't imagine what the postage cost. Last camera I mailed back to Primos cost me 6 bucks. Looks like I'll have to ship this one back too.
frown.gif

While sitting in my shack hunting over bait I was wondering if I could hunt at night without lights and still be able to see a yote on the pile.
And do I have to stare thru the scope all the time to see anything or is their some equipment that I need.
Thanks

Originally Posted By: GrizleyHunterWhile sitting in my shack hunting over bait I was wondering if I could hunt at night without lights and still be able to see a yote on the pile.
And do I have to stare thru the scope all the time to see anything or is their some equipment that I need.
Thanks

Snow on the ground with a good bright moon and you can see really well. Depending on terrain and landscape, sometimes no snow and a big bright moon will still allow a person to see pretty good. No snow and no moon and human eyes don't work very good without artificial lights or other equipment..

A lot depends on the individuals eyes also.

Grizley cant you guys in MI hunt at night with a light?
smile.gif
Oh and you guys try out a Bushnell Trophy cam! 2 yr. warrenty

Last edited:
Yes in Michigan we can hunt at night, lights are legal but must not be vehicle powered, only the type normally carried in the hand are legal, also lazer's are legal, but, we are limited to rim fires or shotguns, but no buckshot, slugs, or cut shell.

WallBass45
Yes we can hunt at night but I have never tried it and was wondering how would I know if a yote came in to the bait without having a light on at all times.With the amount of time I sit I would have to have a battery as big as my house.The yotes are hitting my bait at night and I want to try a night hunt.Is their a better way?

Grizzlyhunter,
Some of use are using those wireless driveway alarms to notify us when something is at our bait. Prices range from about $20 up. If you need something that will work for a couple of miles the MURS radio units are about $170.00.

I am using one that I ordered from Amazon. Cost was about $20.00. You can also find them on ebay. Search for Driveway Patrol motion sensor. That is the brand that I have.

Back