Baiting

This is a pic of my set-up..Dakota Alert system. 2 Mile Range w\handheld remote. Works very good...

003-3.jpg

And the view from the "shooting house"..

017-2.jpg

This guy shows up while I'm hunting another area. They know when to show up, and when not too. He's lucky....for now..

I saw 2 at other spot. About 60 yards away but, the fog was so bad I couldn't get on them quick enough. Tonight I will break them.....

Originally Posted By: JackindistressThat is the one I had been looking at earlier this winter. I plan on buying one like it before next winter. I like the idea of the handheld receiver.

You can use the Dakota for anything. Deer, 'yotes, people etc.
The receiver has a ear bud plug-in! silent warning in real time. Rechargeable goodness...technology helps put meat on the table, and fur in the shed..+ when someone comes down the 400 yard driveway, they are unaware that they are being monitered..

Originally Posted By: weaponxThis is a pic of my set-up..Dakota Alert system. 2 Mile Range w\handheld remote. Works very good...
How big is that unit? Is the black box the senser or reciever?
confused.gif

The receiver is a walkie\talkie. You can also use it to talk to other people with the muurs unit..ANY muurs unit..5 channels and 50 sub channels..nice! Also you can add 4 transmitter units. (wireless goodness x 4). I have 2 transmitter's. I will be getting 2 more.(yes, they are $94 pesos apiece! expensive I know.)I live at a dead end road, and people like driving down a dead end, just to see where it goes....And I am a little paranoid of human's..

One more thing about the hand held unit. When it goes off, it says,"ALERT ZONE ONE" 3 TIMES..(Or whatever zone is tripped etc.)

The transmitter,(black box). Is about half the size of a kid's lunch box. Takes 6 aa batteries. That seem to last a very long time. It goes into sleep mode when not tripped. (trips up to 80' away). Although I have not confirmed that yet.....

Great unit! $170 @ "Home security store.com"..free shipping no tax....

Originally Posted By: weaponxThe receiver is a walkie\talkie. You can also use it to talk to other people with the muurs unit..ANY muurs unit..5 channels and 50 sub channels..nice! Also you can add 4 transmitter units. (wireless goodness x 4). I have 2 transmitter's. I will be getting 2 more.(yes, they are $94 pesos apiece! expensive I know.)I live at a dead end road, and people like driving down a dead end, just to see where it goes....And I am a little paranoid of human's..

One more thing about the hand held unit. When it goes off, it says,"ALERT ZONE ONE" 3 TIMES..(Or whatever zone is tripped etc.)

The transmitter,(black box). Is about half the size of a kid's lunch box. Takes 6 aa batteries. That seem to last a very long time. It goes into sleep mode when not tripped. (trips up to 80' away). Although I have not confirmed that yet.....

i m not to framiliar with these units ...
is there alot to it ? and what is the total cost involved ?
thanks

I forgot to ask you men a question:

Will you be hunting tonight or celebrating New years somewhere else....(not 'yote hunting)??

Just curious.......

I will be trying to Take down 2 'yotes that eluded me last night....

Originally Posted By: 1badboyOriginally Posted By: weaponxThe receiver is a walkie\talkie. You can also use it to talk to other people with the muurs unit..ANY muurs unit..5 channels and 50 sub channels..nice! Also you can add 4 transmitter units. (wireless goodness x 4). I have 2 transmitter's. I will be getting 2 more.(yes, they are $94 pesos apiece! expensive I know.)I live at a dead end road, and people like driving down a dead end, just to see where it goes....And I am a little paranoid of human's..

i m not to framiliar with these units ...
is there alot to it ? and what is the total cost involved ?
thanks

Link removed due to the owners request......$170.00
Mos' def NOT, complicated! easy easy....go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: weaponxI forgot to ask you men a question:

Will you be hunting tonight or celebrating New years somewhere else....(not 'yote hunting)??

Just curious.......

I just got loaded up to go hunting (calling) and it started raining hard, so I may just sit over a bait tonight.

And, thanks for the additional information on the MURS unit. That is exactly what I have been looking for. I also have the same problem as you with people driving in "just to see where the road goes".

Originally Posted By: weaponxOriginally Posted By: Wallbass45Sleeping!

Wb45.....say it isn't so brother! (unless you have to work tomorrow). Yep gotta work Saturday,Sears New Years Sale
lol.gif
Been doin it for 16 years,retail SUCKS!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: weaponxI forgot to ask you men a question:

Just curious.......

weaponx- I hope your question can apply to us women as well . . I was out hunting. Went to the first bait site at 5:30pm 'til 8:30, which had quite a bit of fox activity around the fringes but none would commit. Went to second bait site at 10:00pm. At 11:15pm I had a oppossum and a coon in eating at the same time so I got a double on them. Then at midnight everybody and their brother shot their guns off for New Years and the woods went silent. Left at 1:30am. A beautiful warm night(35) with clear skies and a very light wind out of the SSE. Took some pix for the doubting Thomas'. Hope ya'll had a good,safe New Year's!
S1200004.jpg

S1200003.jpg

Forgive me GG...I assumed everyone doing this was male! Lol..Fine work with the egg pilfering 'possum and 'coon! They need thinned out 'round here bad. Although I did get 3 'coon last night. I usually don't take pics of them. I think I will start....

Tonight was 'coon running everywhere,but, I didnot pull the trigger. Here in N. Illinois the temp dropped 30 degrees in no time.And the wind picked up to 30 mph out of the west. I stayed till it hurt and then sat there some more. I've come home to warm up and sit by the fire. Watch tv for a while and listen for the motion sensor to alert.

Happy new year to you.

You men... and women, are some devious, scheming predator killers, and I love it. I have just spent the last hour reading at 12 pages of this post and have learned so much. Baiting will definitely be added to this guys tool box next winter. I bow hunt for deer and elk, so I am used to sitting in a treestand for hours waiting for something to happen. Also, being on a first name basis with my small town butcher will give me endless opportunities for bait piles. Ya'll have posted some awesome info. Keep it up!

Originally Posted By: Cougar Jim With my propane heater going in my shed I am set up for night time hunting in comfort. Yea I know lazy,lazy,lazy.
But I have an excuse, I am 72 yrs old.

...and pretty clever too.
thumbup1.gif

You can pretty much sum up most everyones feelings around here with this The Predator Masters Logo-"PREDATOR MASTERS.COM-HUNTING THE HUNTER".

Not Predator masters.com-waiting over a pile.

Sorry, I would rather track them down and call them in.

Back