Baiting

Originally Posted By: Wallbass45www.Hunteralert.com Good Luck!
smile.gif

Ordered.
grin.gif

Thanks.

Last edited:
I put my trail cam up yesterday and it seems it is a piece of junk, a timber view by Wildgame. I bought it last year and have never used it until now. The warranty is up now, I guess it would pay to try anything out as soon as you buy it.
I just ordered a new one from Cabela's. A Primos TruthCam 60 Trail Camera. $179.99, Has the best review of any trail camera on the market, even the $500.00 ones.

Jim
s7_419345_999_01.jpg

Last edited:
To bad its junk! I bought a Bushnell Trophy cam in the spring that is very impressive on Video shots. Heard alot about that cam you ordered with Great reviews. Set it about 20' from your bait. waiting for Pics!

the cam that took the pic i posted of the hawk was a $100 cam by wildgame, came with batteries and a sd card too. its been impressive to say the least.

I bought a cheap [beeep] tasco trail cam at Walmart the other night for $50.

It snaps great photos! I got one awesome picture of a vulture with it's wings fully stretched out taking up the whole picture.

I'd post it but it's got my house in the picture, don't wanna do that.

madarcher427 said:
I didnt think we were allowed to bait in michigan ?

Where did you get your information, according to page 19 of the 2010 Hunting Regulations under "Bait" it is perfectly legal.

Ryan

157036_554112013437_51602891_32268527_5675517_n.jpg

72073_554112063337_51602891_32268531_4864058_n.jpg

well i thought my buddy took the basket out of there but i guess not. I took it out of there tonight when I changed the card out. looks like they finally found it and there is a nice bait bucket sitting out there now.

as you can see the yote drug the carcas out of there. I found it 60 feet away or so. I drug it back dumped the innards from the deer on top of it, and dumped the blood/bait bucket all over the top of it. Something oughta hit it here soon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cougar JimI put my trail cam up yesterday and it seems it is a piece of junk, a timber view by Wildgame. I bought it last year and have never used it until now. The warranty is up now, I guess it would pay to try anything out as soon as you buy it.
I just ordered a new one from Cabela's. A Primos TruthCam 60 Trail Camera. $179.99, Has the best review of any trail camera on the market, even the $500.00 ones.

Jim
s7_419345_999_01.jpg

Jim- I bought the same camera this fall: Primos Truth 60. I ran it a couple of days to a week and then it just shut down. Nothing. Changed out the batteries . . still nothing. I called Primos and they told me to send the camera back to them and they would replace it. This they did.
thumbup1.gif
Have had the camera up for a week now, so far so good. The Primos seems to suck up battery juice alot faster than my Stealth Cam game camera, which has been a really good camera. Let me know what you think about your new TruthCam when you get it all set up and running.

Jeff,
You have some good pictures there!

You guys notice this baiting thread has had 2311 hits in 10 days? Someone said there is no interest in baiting.

The alarm on one of my baits went off earlier tonight. I lit it up and it was just some deer.

I think a baiting sub forum is a great idea. This is the 1st thread I've seen about baiting since joining this site and I've learned quite a bit reading through this thread. Here in PA bait is allowed and I've been wondering about it, great tips, photos and stories guys.

Checked two of my baits yesterday, ravens and one red squirrel is all, absolutly no coyote or fox tracks at either one. Some of the people I have talked to have said the same thing, not even hearing any being vocal.

Back