Your two favorite months to decoy coyotes and why?

Sanpete

Hi, I'm Russ from Ephraim, Utah. I'm new to this part of the forum. I have a "started" dog ordered from Duane. I've been going back through old posts to learn as much as I can.

I know some of the guys from the "Predator Hunting" forum get a little impatient when guys hunt when pelts aren't prime. I can see it's different with decoy dogs.

So, from what I'm gathering from your posts the best (most effective) time to call is during denning season. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, basically the two best months to decoy coyotes is April-May (roughly).

Then, the next best time to decoy coyotes is during breeding season? So, roughly January-March. Sounds like some of you hunt during the summer. Some don't. Most have said decoying isn't real effective from August-November. Again, I'm just restating what I've been reading.

So, if I were to lump 2 months together would the "best time to decoy coyotes" be as follows:

April-May "Best two months to decoy coyotes"
February-March "2nd best"
December-January "3rd best"
June-July "4rth best"
October-November "5th best"

So, am I right or wrong? I suppose best (most effective) months to decoy may not necessarily be your favorite 2 months to decoy. I'd be interested in knowing what your 2 favorite months to decoy are and why?

I'm excited to be a new part of this group and eager to continue to learn from you.

Russ

my favorite months are jan thru dec, hahaha

once you decoy in a few coyotes you will be out every month, even if you killed 1 a month each month you will never get em all,

Back