4 and 5 year old go fox hunting

joshnaz

Had plans all week to take my boys Niko who is 5 and Slader 4 calling on saturday. So this afternoon since the weather here in AZ has finally gotten nice we loaded up and headed out. I took my oldest last year and he turned out to be a good luck charm as we called in two yotes and a bobcat in just two stands.
Our first stand today was a nice looking wash. I was looking for a stand that was easy to walk to and easy to see incoming animals so the boys could hopefully see some critters. Well 2 minutes in my oldest starts pointing to the caller and a grey was popping out of a bush in front of my Big Country. The fox saw us moving and left, but just then a second fox was coming in and got behind a big palo verde but then appeard just 10 feet in front of us. I shot him and then a third comes in and and gives me a perfect shot. Made a second stand and had a fourth fox show up but I could not get a shot on it with my .17 fireball. It was just too thick.
113_0830.jpg

This was a great day!!

113_0835.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Boys !!!!!
Awsome job Dad , keep them along with you , I think they are your good luck charms . Good looking kids by the way , they must take after mom LOL.

Way to go! I didn't start my daughters quite that early, but it's always the best when we get out. That last picture is a winner!

Great job Josh! I remeber when my dad took me out when I was little and its some of the best memories of my life, be careful before you know it they will be taking you out and showing you how its done!

That's great. It really is good to see parents involve their kids in activity's like this. My son is three now and I'm really looking forward to him being able to go along with me. He's already shot his first gun(.223) and couldn't get enough. Keep up the good work with them.

Great job Josh...I'm 24 now and haven't called for 10 years, my dad was a commerical trapper/hunter and later went to work for Wildlife Services, so I got pretty burned out on calling. I'm just now getting back into it, and am looking forward to hunting with the old man again over the holidays. Time to do it before it's too late!

Thanks for the comments. It was a great weekned. They are pumped up for our next time out which will be next weekend. I truely go out witht them hoping to see critters but being able to call predators in with two little guys is tough. I just have to remember to hold off on any sugar a few hours before we head out.lol

Back