Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Hello,

My name is Logan I am from Big River, Saskatchewan(north west Sask). I grew up on a farm and was never that serious about varmint hunting but I am starting to look at getting a good electronic call and thining out the hordes of yotes and wolves around here.

My real name is Darin Saylor. Grew up in southwest Missouri, about an hour east of Springfield. My grandparents had a 300-400 acre farm and raised beef cattle. I grew up there hunting deer, turkey, and fishing on the Gasconade River. That is where I first started coyote hunting too. Still live in the Ozarks, just in another small town 30-some miles east of there. I am 43 years old, married 18 years, with 2 children, ages 4,7. Started a new career a few years back. I am a Physical Therapist Assistant doing home health. Did warehouse work before that, but had hurt my back numerous times and the wife finally convinced me to finish school. Try to hunt and fish when I can and now both my kiddos love to fish and be outdoors, so try to share with them.

Saw that this thread hasnt gotten any attention in a couple weeks so ill play. Im Cole Smith. Just turned 23 in August. Born in Texas, lived in Louisiana until I was 6 and then moved up to Montana. My family moved to Choteau, MT to raise their kids. As far as im concerned, they couldnt have chosen a better place. I love it up here. I like visiting family down south but have no intentions of moving back down there. My passions are predator calling, deer and elk hunting, gopher shooting, mudding, spending quality time with my 16 month old yellow lab, Jaeger, shooting any type of firearms, and anything else outdoors. I have the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. Her name is Dusti and we have been together for almost 2 years. She didnt grow up in a hunting home but wanted to try it. Needless to say, she killed her first deer/buck ever last year snd she is hooked for life! Im a 5th year senior at the University of Montana majoring in Communicative Sciences & Disorders (speech therapy). I want to work with little kids someday. Im a bolt action rifle guy but also own a couple lever actions. I have 3 younger siblings. My youngest brother is a coyote huntin fool when I can get back home to take him out. He actually shot the first coyote I ever called in out from under me! Just a broke country college kid tryin to make it in a tree huggin hippie town!

Howdy Folks, Coleman here. I reside just south of Albuquerque, NM, and I have been hunting all my life. I have just recently started this hobby, and I am enjoying it. I am a NEWBY, so if anyone wants to take me hunting....I would buy lunch.

Hey guys... I'm Chris. I live in SE Wisconsin. I've been hunting since I was 12, but this will be my first year coyote hunting. I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm a sergeant in the Army Reserve, an auto parts technitian, and I'm in school full time for criminal justice, so a pretty big work load for me. I'm just trying to make time to kill me some yotes. Between CWD, the department of natural resources literally giving unlimited tags to kill doe, and a spike in the predator population, deer have been scarse. I'm tired of praying to see ONE every year, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone by coyote hunting, and letting the deer repopulate my area.

Hey, born and raised outside dallas. Been hunting as long as i can remember. Now i have two boys trying to instill the same stuff in them as my father did with me. Second year of yote hunting, called 1 in but have not closed the deal YET.

Hey, born and live in West Central Texas. Love to hunt everything. Been predator calling for about 35 years and really enjoy running coon hounds.

New guy here from Dallas. My family wasn't into hunting, but my co-worker has gotten me interested so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks.

Been a member for a year now, very little activity due to school, work... unemployed in January and still having a hard time finding a job... I'm a degreed accountant, but have no experience in a firm (corporate acct background). Love predator hunting, and varmints (coons mostly).

Live in a rural community about 20 miles from Lubbock, and enjoy it greatly. Have several friends on the board, and now partnered up with one of the sponsors. Really enjoy the board and look forward to learning more and contributing to this great group of "brothers and sisters" in arms!! Thank you.

My name is Chris Russell. 37 year old Army Vet(currently still serving). Outside of the military and Family, chasing predators is my all time obsession. I spend as much time in the hills and woods as humanly possible. I extend my seasons year round by shooting prairie dogs through the summer and types a large and small game hunting through the appropriate seasons. I am looking to forward to sharing what I have learned as well as learning from all of you.

My name is Tim Hickey, I live in Indiana. I live and breath hunting with dogs. I used to run blue ticks for years. When my last two hounds died I hung it up for a while, only to get into the terrier game. I hunt Jagd Terriers, and spend as much time in the woods as I can with my little hunting partner Kaleb.

I have been in the construction field most of my life, (which has went to he11). Trying for the police department, (fingers crossed). Glad to be a member of this great forum.

Tim

My name is Brad and I'm addicted to hunting. Now that I got that off my chest. I live in WI about a hour north of Milwaukee. I mainly hunt birds but have decided what better then calling a different species in when every thing else is closed. I have ran in to plenty of coyotes while dog training so I have some good spots to try just need to get out there and do it. It looks like you have a good forum with a lot of good info here and I'm sure I will be able to learn a thing or two.

My name is David, I live in south Mississippi. I've never predator hunted before, but I'm getting into it. Right now the only rifles I have are my 30-30 and a .22wmr. Here to learn and meet other guys who like the rush of hunting the four-legged hunters.

My name is Stu... and I'm an addict. I'm addicted to the outdoors. I've hunted since I could walk and fished since I could cast. I'm not fantastic at either one, but I hold my own. I have a flexable job so I hunt, fish or ride just about every day after work and that's no joke. I'm new to this predator hunting business, but I'm learning a ton just by reading. I have an E-caller and a Kill Light on the way so I should be calling by this weekend.

I'm also into street bikes, trucks, AR's and beginning to dabble in long distance shooting and reloading.

Great forum ya got here!

Hey guys, my name is Bobby. New to predator hunting but have hunted deer and small game. Will probably ask some dumb questions but am here to learn all I can.

Hi I'm Hein from South Africa. Been hunting from the age 10. Started out with my Grandfather with 222 Rem Sako and later with 270 Win Musgrave.

In 1999 I started predator hunting. Man whe were stupid at this, but luckily we met up with a few big names in predator hunting in SA and they tought us a lot. One of them started a forum for predator hunting in South Africa.

Mainly we hunt Jackal and Lynx by using Foxpro's and a few of us are using calls. Its mainly done at night from trucks fitted with shooting chairs. Last year I started to hunt in the day as well and had a few successes.

From wat I red here its the same tactics and equipment you guys are using. We even use some of the sounds on the Foxpro's. "Javelina, Woodpecker"

Cheers
Hein

Jonathan here from South Louisiana. I killed a coyote a few weeks ago while squirrel hunting and it was very exciting waiting for it to get close enough for a shot. Now I want to make a dedicated coyote hunt and call one in. I'm sure I'll learn alot from the hunters here.

Back