Predator Masters - The Beginning

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
Some have been around since the start, some are new and maybe don't know what got this train rolling.

Well, it was all due to a man named Will Craig. I've put together a small tribute page for Will, so people who are interested can see a bit of how it started and set us on this path:

Will Craig Tribute Page

I wanted to give a shout out to Will's son, Matt Craig (Azwill), for all his help providing us with copies of valued family pictures and info for the tribute page--and his patience for numerous long phone calls with me and answering my incessant questions about PM's founder and its first days.
thumbup.gif

Matt told me that his dad would be very happy to see what PM has become.

Thanks for taking all the time to help us out on this, Matt. You are a stand up young man and I really appreciate all your help, time and input!

Nice job Stu, I hope that this will become a sticky as I think it important for all of us to know the history and feel the dream.

I think it's a rare and inciteful look into what PM is and WHY.

Everyone needs to see this.
thumbup.gif

It also explains what the PM Hunt is, and why Will wanted to have it.
wink.gif

Thanks to Matt Craig from me as well!

Barry

Very nice tribute for a deserving man with great vision. I wish I could have met him personally, but his legacy lives on through me and thousands of others that share his passion and fascination with the predator world. Calling and hunting is just a small part of that. Also thanks to everyone in the forefront and behind the scenes that continue to pursue his dream.

Stu - Nicely done. I'd forgotten about the rifle.

Will Craig had a passion for predator hunting and the predator hunter. Those early days were full of hope, after Will passed there were a few financial rough spots too. Without people like Mike Paul, Randy Black, Craig Hamilton and Jason El Paso I don't believe Predator Masters would be here today. So, along with Will and his dream it's nice to remember the efforts and leadership of Mike, Craig, Randy, Jason and the rest of the original moderating staff. I thank you all for your efforts.

Will Craig
Mike Paul
Jason El Paso
Randy Black (? origional I don't remember, hard worker for PM yes)
Craig Hamilton
Randy Watson
Jack Roberts
Randy Buker
Jim Champion
Robb Krause
Critr Gitr
Rich Cronk
Curt
Leonard
Duane@ssu
Bob Connell
Tim Belhel
SteveM
Mike Granger
Wiley E
Bluedeacon
Tasha
I might have missed some, if I've missed you, sorry guys

It's nice to see that Matt helped you out on this. I hope he's doing well. Is Matt still in the Globe area?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Michael J. McCaslandStu - Nicely done. I'd forgotten about the rifle.

Will Craig had a passion for predator hunting and the predator hunter. Those early days were full of hope, after Will passed there were a few financial rough spots too. Without people like Mike Paul, Randy Black, Craig Hamilton and Jason El Paso I don't believe Predator Masters would be here today. So, along with Will and his dream it's nice to remember the efforts and leadership of Mike, Craig, Randy, Jason and the rest of the original moderating staff. I thank you all for your efforts.

Will CraigMike Paul
Jason El Paso
Randy Black (? origional I don't remember, hard worker for PM yes)
Craig Hamilton
Randy Watson
Michael J. McCasland
Jack RobertsRandy Buker
Jim Champion
Robb Krause
Critr Gitr
Rich Cronk
Curt
Leonard
Duane@ssu
Bob Connell
Tim Belhel

It's nice to see that Matt helped you out on this. I hope he's doing well. Is Matt still in the Globe area?

I think so. I know he's in AZ. Would like for him to make the hunt this year.

Fixed it for ya.

Stu - I wasn't one of the origional moderators. It was an honor to join the staff in February 2002 along with others.

Edited to add: Stu were you one of the origionals? What about Bobsocal?

Last edited:
i have been here a long time but i can't remember that far back. i do recognise most the names.
i know a few not metioned that were there in 02 when i started.

Thank you Mr. Farish; the pictures settled something in my mind that i wasn't even aware was a question. Will Craig's name is mentioned often here with respect and honor and you folks have continued and grown a monument out of a man's dream.

I was able to witness some of the unselfish sacrifice that makes this website such a great place to spend time, at last year's PM Hunt in Globe. And to see Rajn Cajn humbly accept the 'Will Craig Award' was the highlight of a most memorable week. Thanks again for the pictures.

Roy

Stu,
You guys did a wonderful job with the tribute to Will. Although I never got to meet him I know we had a special bond because of our love for predator hunting. I am 51 years old, and it is far too young of an age to leave this world. I did have the pleasure of meeting Matt Craig, and his mother at the 3rd annual hunt, and they were very pleased to see that his PM dream was continuing on. I know that Matt, and his mother have to be proud to see that PM is still continuing to be the #1 predator hunting site with so many members. Long live Will's dream, and God bless you all that continue to carry it on.
Trophyhunter

Last edited:
Back