What is the barrel twist rate of CZ 527 ?

four

Hi All,

I am a new member of this forum. I have a question about the CZ 527 varmint 223 rem model 03042. I called CZ USA and they said the twist rate was 1:9 for all the varmint models. But I saw a lot of web sites that mentioned the twist rate was 1:12. Please explain. Thanks,

Richard.

Hearsay is just that.
It's pretty easy to check it your self with a cleaning rod.
Put a mark on a piece of tape then see how long the rod is before and after it makes one full revolution.

I had a Remmy that was supposed to be a nine twist but some of the first releases of that model got out the door with twelve.

Hearsay can come from the factory as well as the Internet.
Best to find out for yourself.

Luck

Originally Posted By: RePeteHearsay is just that.
It's pretty easy to check it your self with a cleaning rod.
Put a mark on a piece of tape then see how long the rod is before and after it makes one full revolution.

I had a Remmy that was supposed to be a nine twist but some of the first releases of that model got out the door with twelve.

Hearsay can come from the factory as well as the Internet.
Best to find out for yourself.

Luck

Do the cleaning rod trick and go from there. I'm amazed at how often twist questions come up maybe we need a sticky describing how to determine twist?

I have one of those CZ 527 Americans in .223 and it does have the 1-12 twist. It seems to thrive on 40 grain Vmax or Ballistic Tip bullets. A ground squirrel at 400 yards is in a good deal of jeopardy with this gun and a good handload using one of those bullets.

What RustyDust said and the 40 grain plastic tipped bullets are pretty amazing! I'd have to go check my records but I think I'm getting about 3750 fps with a 40 grain V-Max out of my CZ527 American. Groups are pretty consistant at about 5/8" with a 4-12X scope. I think only the laminate and the composite stocked varmint versions are 1-9 twist whereas the wood stocked 527 Varmint is 1-12". Check the website to be sure.

all varmint models are 1:9. I had a walnut varmint .223 it was 1:9. It shot 40 gr. vmax fiochi moa right out of the box the first day. I hardley shot it before I sold it i'm sure it would do way better.

Back