22-250 automatic

never knew there was a ar platform in 22-250 untill i became a member of this site, its on here somewhere, search it... imo an accurate semi auto triple duce 5 oh would be an ultimate rifle for a variety of applications...

No mainly 308,260 and 243 but you can get a barrel chambered in 22 250.
Now price wise your talking between $1000 and $1500.
AR 10 is a bigger,heavier platform then a AR 15.
There are alot of good calibers for the AR 15 to mess with the AR 10.

Well the 22-250 if it was made into an AR platform would be very limited for bullet seating the heavier bullets. But you could get a .223 WSSM which is even hotter than 22-250 and has a much longer barrel life according to Browning. Not sure if that's a marketing ploy but...........
wssm_22250s.gif

They are talking chrome lined barrels for the wssm vs non chrome lined barrels for the 22-250. A meaningless comparison. The reason they went to chrome lined barrels was because of the dismal barrel life of the wssm without chrome.

It's total BS.

Jack

Though seldom seen, there have been .22-250's chambered in AR platform rifles. I think they are chambered chambered due to the .22-250 having some feeding issues in a SA rifle. Also in an AR paltform, you need to go with an AR 10. The .22-250 cartridge is to long to fit a standard AR 15 magazine.
If you'd like to stay with a standard AR 15 lower, you can go with a .223 WSSM and get .22-250 performance from your AR with .224 bullets.

I know a guy at a gun shop in my area that has an Armalite AR10 in 22-250. They made a few, very few. He got one, and at least one extra barrel. I guess he uses it on prairie dogs.

kevlars

Originally Posted By: coyote6974Though seldom seen, there have been .22-250's chambered in AR platform rifles. I think they are chambered chambered due to the .22-250 having some feeding issues in a SA rifle. Also in an AR paltform, you need to go with an AR 10. The .22-250 cartridge is to long to fit a standard AR 15 magazine.
If you'd like to stay with a standard AR 15 lower, you can go with a .223 WSSM and get .22-250 performance from your AR with .224 bullets.
the ar 10 would shoot .223 with same or better performance, also what would the max grain bullet be?
thanks this is confusing

Originally Posted By: prkrgrpOriginally Posted By: coyote6974Though seldom seen, there have been .22-250's chambered in AR platform rifles. I think they are chambered chambered due to the .22-250 having some feeding issues in a SA rifle. Also in an AR paltform, you need to go with an AR 10. The .22-250 cartridge is to long to fit a standard AR 15 magazine.
the ar 10 would shoot .223 with same or better performance, also what would the max grain bullet be?
thanks this is confusing

now we're all confused. i guess for argument sake you "could" chamber an AR-10 in .223 but why would anyone shoot a .223 out of an AR-10? that would be like putting a lift on a truck and then putting low profile tires on it.

Originally Posted By: nightcaller

now we're all confused. i guess for argument sake you "could" chamber an AR-10 in .223 but why would anyone shoot a .223 out of an AR-10? that would be like putting a lift on a truck and then putting low profile tires on it.

just a guess because i honestly don't know, but probably to magazine feed the 80+ grain bullets... guess i wouldn't do it, but i'm sure somebody does/will/tried it.

Back